• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

AH8C7026_PHFTP_lm_v041.jpg

Wow, just wow.

Barf

Wilshere has spent his time off the pitch getting tattoos by the looks of it.

Just got back from France and I see language is being tidied up. Can't say I really care. Never really liked using words like "cunt" in the typical English fashion. Oh well, moving on.

Not sure why we're being linked with Armero unless Conte is looking to make 3-5-2 our default formation. Makes sense since we're stocking up on loads of midfielders and getting rid of our exclusively offensive minded wingers (Krasic, Elia). Still, we're looking at having upwards of 8 midfielders, of which 5 are arguably worthy of our starting 11. Wondering how that's going to work.

Also, I called that we were going to end up with Pazzini months ago after RVP, Cavani, and Dzeko collapsed. I'm just hoping it's not true. Still prefer Matri to Pazzini. Matri is far more mobile and able to create something from nothing. Pazzini is arguably better in the air, but we don't play like that anyways.

Had a weird dream last night that Wayne Rooney bought the house next to mine and moved in, then Gerrard and Gareth Barry walked out of it and down the street, whilst Barry was smoking a cigarette, then they started fighting with some kids whilst I video'd it on my iPhone :S

Boulahrouz considering a contract offer from Palermo, didn't realize he was only 30, feels like he has played for forever.

I also assumed he was near retirement, considering he didn't play during the last European Championship. I have no idea how his footy skills are these days, I lost track of him a while ago.

D0Izx.jpg
Code:

I also assumed he was near retirement, considering he didn't play during the last European Championship. I have no idea how his footy skills are these days, I lost track of him a while ago.

65 matches in 4 seasons isn't exactly impressive. But wiki said he started being a regular in his last season at Stuttgart and play well... and really anything will improve Palermos defense, so I say bring it on.

Kyoufu

Wait...I took advice from a first timer then? My phone shipped two days ago. Should I cancel the order?

Haha nah, I did research and it's definitely the best on the market right now. It's so good I had to make the leap.

I still rock some 2005 cell phone. It's fucking awesome and keeps the battery powered for about a week. If only the data plans weren't so stupid fucking expensive here I would have bought one already, but as it is now I always end up upgrading my pc instead when I got money.

My plan is 12.50 a month (tesco). It's pretty cheap tbh. Are there no cheap options available there at all??

dc89

Had a weird dream last night that Wayne Rooney bought the house next to mine and moved in, then Gerrard and Gareth Barry walked out of it and down the street, whilst Barry was smoking a cigarette, then they started fighting with some kids whilst I video'd it on my iPhone :S

Well thats what happens when you hang out with an Assassin.

oipic

I may have now come to terms with supporting a mid-table team: now enthusiastically pinning my transfer window hopes on Liverpool signing Joe Allen.

Allen would (arguably?) improve our starting line-up - is this an indication that he's a tidy, always-busy mid attuned to the Rodgers style, who can neatly pass a ball and would help Lucas out markedly...or an indictment of our current midfield stocks, and a reflection of how far we've fallen?

Clause or no clause, get Joe.

Koptimism kicking in LFC fans i see.

Downing was not Villas star player ever. He was there for 1 or 2 season and did decently well. Young and Gabby were far more lethal than him.

He won Fan Player of the Season the year he left. I'd say that made him our star player (and Ashley Young).

Clegg

SAF: We could possibly bring one or two more in. When theres a major tournament on, theres a delay in the transfer market.

Now the Euros are over we're trying to bring one more player in.

severin

I may have now come to terms with supporting a mid-table team: now enthusiastically pinning my transfer window hopes on Liverpool signing Joe Allen.

Allen would (arguably?) improve our starting line-up - is this an indication that he's a tidy, always-busy mid attuned to the Rodgers style, who can neatly pass a ball and would help Lucas out markedly...or an indictment of our current midfield stocks, and a reflection of how far we've fallen?

Clause or no clause, get Joe.

OFT... sort of.

I think Allen is a decent player, he's better than Adam, better suited to the league than Aquilani, and better than an injured Gerrard. I think the days of getting star studded names are over for us, at least for the time being anyways, until we can show any semblance of getting back into the top 4, which probably won't happen for another few years. Why would the likes of Jovetic, Cavani, Rodriguez, Ramirez choose to play here when they probably wont be playing European football for at least 2-3 years(Koptimistic). Unfortunately, I think Allen is our best bet giving our situation, so ya, get him.

Clegg

SAF on Powell: I asked Dario Gradi if Nick could develop into a CM. Dario thinks thats his best position and so does Nick. So we're in accord.

SAF on Kagawa: He'll play further forward than Powell. Shinji can give us that extra bit in the final third of the field.

Salazar

Dario is a clever bloke. I'll take him at his word.

Clev before Powell. Anybody who starts favouring Powell over Super Tom goes on a list.

Well at least Fergie is saying Kagawa will play up field. Also said Powell will be played in CM and be a part of the 1st team squad so I think that puts the chances of us signing a CM right down. Expect that one signing he is talking about is going to be a LB.

Carbonox

Alan Pardew has publicly stated his interest in Junior Hoilett. Also he's only interested in bringing in around 3 more players. Can't see why he would want Hoilett as we desperately need a RB, CB and striker. Hoilett can't play as a lone man up front.

Alan Pardew has publicly stated his interest in Junior Hoilett. Also he's only interested in bringing in around 3 more players. Can't see why he would want Hoilett as we desperately need a RB, CB and striker. Hoilett can't play as a lone man up front.

Didn't we have an opportunity to get him but we turned it down because he wanted 50k a week?

WriterGK

Hi guys. Everton with my Football Manager 2012 has Joa Silva on sale for only 500.000 euro's should I buy him or not? He is only just 23 years old.

nLhzz.jpg

Still don't know what to make of the Powell signing but KAGAWA <3
One of the broadsheets (Guardian or Telegraph can't remember) reckon he is going to be a smash hit. Might help to know Arsenal offered him a switch last year but he declined so I think he must have something about him. I (Arsenal supporter) will be watching his progress next season.

Arnie

One of the broadsheets (Guardian or Telegraph can't remember) reckon he is going to be a smash hit. Might help to know Arsenal offered him a switch last year but he declined so I think he must have something about him. I (Arsenal supporter) will be watching his progress next season.

I can't see Kagawa being anything other than class next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom