• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

That's what Blanc asked him to do though since Spain attacks go through the middle 90% of the time. The problem is Ribery not helping Clichy enough when Clichy glues himself to Koscielny. It's a bit less of problem on the other side since France played 2 full-backs, Reveillere and Debuchy.

Thats not a bad idea but Spain have been given so much room on the right hand side that Clichy surely must have gotten out to the left and stayed there.

Instead he was left stuck to Vermaelen for the whole half. It shows a lack of game intelligence on behalf of Clichy and poor tactical management by the French coaches.

Thats not a bad idea but Spain have been given so much room on the right hand side that Clichy surely must have gotten out to the left and stayed there.

Instead he was left stuck to Vermaelen for the whole half. It shows a lack of game intelligence on behalf of Clichy and poor tactical management by the French coaches.

Clichy isn't very smart player for sure and France have been way too wary of Spain killer balls. They need to be more ambitious. Even right now it's way too slow even though they have Nasri and Menez on.

Kyoufu

Well, I did say Ribery, Benzema and Nasri are terrible. Ribery tackling his own player, Benzema completely invisible and Nasri... well, he's a sub this time so can't say anything about him.

Terrible Trio.

Kem0sabe

Clichy isn't very smart player for sure and France have been way too wary of Spain killer balls. They need to be more ambitious. Even right now it's way too slow even though they have Nasri and Menez on.

It´s such a waste to have who is arguably the best striker in world football, Benzema, running like crazy after loose balls in the midfield because france´s midfield is itself non existent.

Clegg

It´s such a waste to have who is arguably the best striker in world football, Benzema, running like crazy after loose balls in the midfield because france´s midfield is itself non existent.

I can't agree with this sorry.

Benzema has never shown enough to be considered the best striker in the world.

Kem0sabe

You're delusional if you think Benzema is the best striker in the world...

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks"

Guess we have to agree to disagree, whats your choice btw? for best striker that is.

Clegg

*shrug* I love him for Madrid, and to be honest, the only other CF i might rate higher would be Falcão, but he´s not as complete a package as Benzema.

I'd consider Rooney, RVP and a fit Villa, Aguero and even Tevez ,when he's bothered,to be better strikers than Benzema.

I don't even think Benzema is the best striker at Madrid.

Kem0sabe

All valid choices, still, i followed Madrid all season long and i have to say, Benzema for me was awesome and probably one of the most improved players.

Clegg

Giroud has been completely awful since coming on. He gave away a freekick within seconds of coming on. He's also proceeded to foul someone whenever the ball got near him.

He's made no positive contribution to this game. Much like the rest of the French team.

Bumhead

Banned
Benzema has been fucking garbage in this tournament. I don't watch Madrid so can't comment there but he's bang average at best here.

Infact, France in general were absolutely crap. Just didn't do nearly enough to even try and trouble Spain.

Also, it bears repeating that while I admire the technical ability of Spain, they're easily the most boring side to watch in the competition for me. That was thoroughly tedious.

Kem0sabe

Giroud has been completely awful since coming on. He gave away a freekick within seconds of coming on. He's also proceeded to foul someone whenever the ball got near him.

He's made no positive contribution to this game. Much like the rest of the French team.

Hopefully England and Italy will provide at least some entertainment tomorrow. All the quarterfinals so far have been completely one sided affairs.

K1LLER7

Think Portugal are gonna look to counterattack and if so, Madrid Ronaldo has to turn up against Spain. Nani has to be on his game too.

Wilbur

Banned
Spain are a technically marvellous team. Full of players that are gifted passers with amazing off the ball movement. Iniesta has been player of the tournament so far imo.

But for a team that is so technically gifted, they are awful to watch. They constantly dick around with the ball when in possession and seem deathly afraid of shooting from outside the box.

They are dreadfully boring. Torres isn't a very good striker anymore but Spain play much better when he's on the pitch and they actually have someone to pass to up front.

Was saying this to my mum. Technically they're magnificent. Honestly I think they've fantastic.

I'm just bored watching them. Really hope Germany beat them in a prospective final.

Kem0sabe

Portugal are gonna look to counterattack and if so, Madrid Ronaldo has to turn up against Spain. Nani has to be on his game too.

Ronaldo has been turning up the last couple of games. In the form he´s in, will be hard for Spain to contain him.

Still, gonna be a hard fought match and i expect a particularly tense one. These 2 teams (countries) take rivalry to a whole nother level.

ATF487

Benzema was doing a job in midfield but he's not going to score like that; he is dead tired by the time he gets in sight of goal. I'm over this Spain team though, sick of watching their games

French team had no spirit. I imagine L'equipe will slaughter them tomorrow.

Just heard Blanc's interview, he said they gave everything, showed commitment and solidarity tonight. They ran a lot, trying to cover spaces. Spain were lucky to score on their first chance he thought. And France had a few chances (???) as they expected, just they weren't lethal enough.

But yeah, in the real world, that was an abysmal performance from France, they didn't even try tonight, went out on a limp.

Wilbur

Banned
You discuss football with your mum?

She's watched a fair few matches at most tournaments. Normally roots for Mexico along with England at World Cups. Thinks Spain are boring, Ronaldo isn't that pretty and laughed at me saying Nelson Oliveira was sexy

K1LLER7

She's watched a fair few matches at most tournaments. Normally roots for Mexico along with England at World Cups. Thinks Spain are boring, Ronaldo isn't that pretty and laughed at me saying Nelson Oliveira was sexy
Get her to post on Gaf :p

Hope Pedro starts next game

Fry

Does she know about you and Oezil?

I'm enjoying Carragher on ITV. Carra, Keane, Martinez are much better than Hansen, Dixon and Seedorf.

It's so bizarre how (with the exception of the fuck awful Chiles) ITV are actually doing better coverage at the moment. Helps that Townsend and Southgate aren't shitting it up.

Slizz

Thought that early goal was gonna lead to a nice open game. Instead it was just the same old Spain domination.... Don't think Portugal will fare too well against Spain, red card for Pepe incoming.

K1LLER7

She'd be offended by all my dick talk. She doesn't like it when I show her it in real life.

Yeah I was waxing lyrical about him yesterday and then she said he looked bulbous. Fucking bitch.
Wait, u show ure dick to ure mom? Lol, Do you walk around the house naked or something. Be surprised if she could see it, size n all :p

Kyoufu

Thought that early goal was gonna lead to a nice open game. Instead it was just the same old Spain domination.... Don't think Portugal will fare too well against Spain, red card for Pepe incoming.

Pepe vs Bossquets again...

Epic game incoming.

elsk

Banned
599443_387983424593904_2142809663_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom