• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Leonardo "At the moment anything's possible. We'll meet Mino Raiola shortly & see what happens"

Mino is fucking with everybody.
indirectly fucking for us
I still can't believe that after all that hype, Veratti went to Paris Saint-Germain.

It was just me and his agent, I think.

Stacks_of_money.jpg

I've always found it to work well, but it provides a distinct advantage for me in that I have multiple sports and teams that I follow. I actually don't use push notifications because if I'm interested in a game I'm watching or checking the scores anyways, but it has served me very well. The variety of notification options are nice as well. For example, for football matches, the notifications are separated for goals, and cards, and you can also choose to have the notify you when the game kicks off, when HT starts, when the second half kicks off, and when the game ends. As well, within the app you can get recaps and such. I've always liked the app.

Do they pop up or can u swipe down for the notifications?

Fady K

('∇')人('∇')

<3 you Fady. :D

1.gif

Love you too bro : D

Hey Fady, Dutch and English weather are very much a like. North sea climate. But I think it rains more often in England.

What kind of weather do you enjoy most? Every time I went to England it rained heavily >_<. If you guys ever visit the UAE, do so in the winter - it's awesome! Windy but not too cold at all and definitely not hot either. Great balance.

It's suit fitting day in West London.

AxiCSH0CEAAjK6A.jpg

Have fun cutting that troll face out......

AWESOME. I cannot wait to watch him play! Please don't suck!! I so want to love you lol.

WTF is this shit?

I never hurt anyone to deserve abuse :( :)

Agreed man. Even if I'm not a fan of her, I still think she looks GREAT at times. For me, her look in Tron Legacy kicks major ass. So pretty in that film.

No CM, no LB, Nani and Welbeck still haven't signed new contracts.

This is harshing my muppet buzz.

United will sign 1-2 more players, Fergie will keep you guys happy. Very few rumors about Nani leaving now, like with Welbeck, they are most likely negotiating a good deal. I think so because they seem like ManU players through and through - at least right now.

Hello football gaf, former lurker joining

Huge Barca Fan. Hello to messi and fady, you are famous in the lurkers community lol

As a present, and for those who haven't watch it, here is a Barca documental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQPnbML1WFY

It's amazing, showing what was the first year of laporta (2003-2004) like. What you see here blows my mind. Enjoy

BARCA FAN. Finally, we need more of you. On that topic we need more Chelsea fans too! Mancheser Univerpool fans are dominating here. Thanks for the mention, I am humbled. Welcome aboard and enjoy this beautiful place. Don't fall for Wilbury, he'll break your heart :p

About time I gott some recognition around here :). No idea why id be notable though, fady i understand. Welcome to the forum. Always lovely to have more Barca DNA around here.

You kidding bro? You are a huge part of footygaf. Notable for many reasons, your kindness, your love for Olivia Wilde almost matching my love for Ellen Page, and your jerseys bro! Among other things of course : D

di-2e69ufaxd.gif

Wilbzcome Back bro!

Death Note was such an amazing anime. The soundtrack, writing... everything.

For this I'll pray Newcastle sign somebody :D

In my Top 5 anime.

WOW. All this Deathnote love brings a tear to my eye. I absolutely loved it to bits!!!
<3

Speaking of anime, I'm watching season 2 of Fate/Zero at the moment. SOOOOOO GOOD.

Kyoufu, that was possibly the last anime I watched! After 4 anime-free years (due to the gaming and football not leaving time for it) I couldn't help myself and ordered the entirety of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I hope it's good! The original series was BEAUTIFUL!!

Man United are going to lift the PL Cup in tablecloths and boxers.

Biggest trolls ever.

What if Arsenal finally won it and placed the cup on a podium with the ManU tablecloth?

iL5x4nyvBiKhU.png
iL5x4nyvBiKhU.png
iL5x4nyvBiKhU.png

First post, about a year long lurker.. What I have gathered is football-gaf = best gaf.

Make that a 3 way circle jerk. Cmon Khaldoon, you know you want Javi... I don't think City need a striker unless Dzeko goes back to Germany, and even then Aguero, Balo, Tevez, and Guidetti would be more than enough in my eyes. Really hope this RvP is all nonsense too.

Nice, a City fan. We need more of you guys as well! Dc handles too much pressure on his own. Welcome aboard bro.

No he is not. You look at how spurs handled the redknapp situation and compare it to how roman treats his managers. Roman showed no faith in the man he paid through the nose to get, did little to nothing to install confidence or speculation and then sacked him before completing 1 season. Roman is a jackass, he is the sole reason I hate Chelsea.

I understand that Roman can be a HUGE jackass! (God knows Mourinho would have still been a Chelsea manager if he wasn't being dumb). Having said that, I believe Roman, despite being trigger-happy with his firings, has put his heart and soul for the club. He has done so much. I don't care how "rich" he is. He invests in the club - making both dumb decisions and brilliant ones. He takes risks. He attends celebrations, big matches, small matches, and he loves the club. Without him, Chelsea may have never been put on the map. Roman does piss me off many times, but I will forever be grateful to the moment he decided Chelsea was the club he wanted to invest in.

also please follow me or add me to whatever twitter list is out there for footygaf... @bushnotrelated.
#shameless
twitter is a bit lonely atm :/

More footygaf on twitter! Nice : D

"Cunt" is effectively off limits in virtually all situations. I'm aware that this seems to be accepted in some areas of Europe; it is absolutely not accepted in many other places, like Canada or the US. Please do not use it -- there are very few acceptable usages in a global environment.

Interesting you mention the cultural difference of the term as its so true. In the country I'm in, the UAE, it is used in the foulest of situations. Did anyone ever tell you that you look like a younger Cliff Blezinski?

Zabojnik

If I had 100 euros to spare - I don't, because I just bought a new air conditioner - I'd put it on Spurs winning the PL. Believe! I think my search for a PL team to follow is over. C'mon you Hots!
I'm not doing it right, right?

Zabojnik

If I had 100 euros to spare - I don't, because I just bought a new air conditioner - I'd put it on Spurs winning the PL. Believe! I think my search for a PL team to follow is over. C'mon you Hots!
I'm not doing it right, am I?

Wilbur

Banned
Our midfielders for next season

Carrick, Scholes, Ando, Cleverly, Powell, Giggs. We need a world class midfielder in there.

Kagawa.
why

I'm not doing it right, am I?

Eh, top of the league is looking stacked. City and United will inevitably be up there, Arsenal look stronger for me if they can sell RvP and get a midfielder in, and while I'm not sold on Di Matteo, Chelsea have a strong enough squad to make it work.

I really hope Spurs finish top 4 because I like AVB an immense deal.

It's a shame because I thought Dalglish was a wanker so my dislike of Liverpool was never questioned but I really like Rodgers. Maybe he can do an potential AVB, fail with a club I dislike and then join one I do like and own.

Fady K

I'm really not a fan of how much I'm beginning to like Kompany. He's such a classy, well-spoken guy.

Makes me sick.

I can't help but like him, Zabaleta, Hart, Aguero and Balotelli. WHYYYYYYYYY

I see you guys are abandoning your dark side ;D Keep it up - it'll feel great eventually :p

star-wars-obi-cruise.gif

Perfect response lol.

Stop quoting him so he can edit it, maybe?

Which quote are you referring to :0

There's a picture with all the players (including Sandro!) on twitter.

Modric is there as well. Pretty much everyone from the first team doing ridiculous poses.

One or two, eh? I still hope we rather look overseas than spend the PL tax on Baines.

SAF on Powell: I asked Dario Gradi if Nick could develop into a CM. Dario thinks thats his best position and so does Nick. So we're in accord.

SAF on Kagawa: He'll play further forward than Powell. Shinji can give us that extra bit in the final third of the field.

Kagawa up-field is a no-brainer. Good to hear though.

Powell as a goal-scoring CM. Now, there's a neat rub; perhaps, readying a replacement for when/if Anderson is sold?

K1LLER7

One or two, eh? I still hope we rather go overseas than spend the PL tax on Baines.

Kagawa up-field is a no-brainer. Good to hear though.

Powell as a goal-scoring CM. Now, there's a neat rub; perhaps, readying a replacement for when/if Anderson is sold?
Think this will be a make or break season for Anderson. He's back in training and hopefully he doesn't get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom