• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I have to say, I understand the appeal for Breaking Bad: it's like an absolutely perfect fit for the current young male audience. It ticks all the right boxes.

And it's a good show – absolutely worth watching. But I can't help but be bothered by the love it gets.

Season 4 was really good though. No question there.

Carbonox

Everyone loves the shit out of season 4's episode 11 but for me, episode 10's last half was some majestic shit. Gus will forever be regarded - to me - as one of the best villains on TV.

Ronaldo really doesn't play as a striker though. I mean neither does Messi but his primary position is as the central forward and then he drifts. Ronaldo plays very much as a wide man in a 433.

It's falling apart.

You mean the score centre? Looks to have meh ratings.

I've always found it to work well, but it provides a distinct advantage for me in that I have multiple sports and teams that I follow. I actually don't use push notifications because if I'm interested in a game I'm watching or checking the scores anyways, but it has served me very well. The variety of notification options are nice as well. For example, for football matches, the notifications are separated for goals, and cards, and you can also choose to have the notify you when the game kicks off, when HT starts, when the second half kicks off, and when the game ends. As well, within the app you can get recaps and such. I've always liked the app.

Arnie

How is Suarez' English?
He's getting there, and he's trying, which is the main thing. I can't respect a player who doesn't try to learn the language. This is from the derby back in 2011, which shows you how he's coming along with it, and I'd imagine he's quite a bit better than that now.
And Frimpong, I've heard it said.
leave it
Dick Powell

dc89

Started a new FM12 save. I'm rolling with PNE, Transfer budget of £25k.

Just signed Welbeck on a season long loan contributing 0p to his wages.

Arnie

Started a new FM12 save. I'm rolling with PNE, Transfer budget of £25k.

Just signed Welbeck on a season long loan contributing 0p to his wages.

I remember when Darren Ferguson was fired for being a steaming pile of shit and Fergie retracted all his loans with immediate effect; yet another bulletproof, irrefutable example of Fergie being an utter JT.

Korez

OMG! A STAR HAS FALLEN! :O

iL4noXnhtiuou.jpg

Arnie

Kenny Dalglish turning on Craig Johnston for announcing his retirement to be with his critically ill family: worse.
Any manager would be annoyed at one of their best players retiring, out of the blue, days before an FA Cup final. When Dalglish heard his reasoning he didn't stand in his way though. Johnston holds no ill feeling towards the club or Dalglish for that matter. So no, I'd suggest it isn't worse.

I see you've seen the errors of your ways though. Fair play.

dc89

I remember when Darren Ferguson was fired for being a steaming pile of shit and Fergie retracted all his loans with immediate effect; yet another bulletproof, irrefutable example of Fergie being an utter JT.

Yup. And funnily enough, as if by coincidence, Tony Pulis retracted his loan players too. Left PNE not being able to fill the bloody bench!

Wilbur

Banned

May it not be the case that his loan signings were perhaps not going to be utilised by a prospective new manager as they were signed by the old one? No point having them on loan if they're not being used.

Still a dick move but unlike Kenny our youth actually got time and got loaned lol

Zabojnik

Not sure why we're being linked with Armero unless Conte is looking to make 3-5-2 our default formation. Makes sense since we're stocking up on loads of midfielders and getting rid of our exclusively offensive minded wingers (Krasic, Elia). Still, we're looking at having upwards of 8 midfielders, of which 5 are arguably worthy of our starting 11. Wondering how that's going to work.

Also, I called that we were going to end up with Pazzini months ago after RVP, Cavani, and Dzeko collapsed. I'm just hoping it's not true. Still prefer Matri to Pazzini. Matri is far more mobile and able to create something from nothing. Pazzini is arguably better in the air, but we don't play like that anyways.

Gee, we've been missing you fade, but after these two news nuggets I think I would have preferred you to extend your vacation for another month and a half or so. :D God, please, no. I'll take Damiao, Destro, Gabbiadini, even Borriello, but not Pazzini. I'm still hopeful we'll sign someone decent up front, especially after Agnelli's speech yesterday.

Nah guys. Juventus's home kit looks amazing and the away kit mostly so (sticker! argh!)

Redeemed! I dig the clean white socks look.

Arnie

May it not be the case that his loan signings were perhaps not going to be utilised by a prospective new manager as they were signed by the old one? No point having them on loan if they're not being used.

Still a dick move but unlike Kenny our youth actually got time and got loaned lol
Now that's just desperate. And you know it. Ferguson retracted those players as a statement in favour of his shitehawk son.

And funnily enough I just watched a five minute interview with Raheem Sterling who talked in glowing terms of his debut under Dalglish.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just got back from France and I see language is being tidied up. Can't say I really care. Never really liked using words like "cunt" in the typical English fashion. Oh well, moving on.

Not sure why we're being linked with Armero unless Conte is looking to make 3-5-2 our default formation. Makes sense since we're stocking up on loads of midfielders and getting rid of our exclusively offensive minded wingers (Krasic, Elia). Still, we're looking at having upwards of 8 midfielders, of which 5 are arguably worthy of our starting 11. Wondering how that's going to work.

Also, I called that we were going to end up with Pazzini months ago after RVP, Cavani, and Dzeko collapsed. I'm just hoping it's not true. Still prefer Matri to Pazzini. Matri is far more mobile and able to create something from nothing. Pazzini is arguably better in the air, but we don't play like that anyways.

Armero is great and everything (10 assists!!) but do we really NEED him? He plays on the left mostly but I'm sure we can live without him. He's very poor defensively.

Did we reduce our market strategy to 'fuck with Inter whenever it's possible'? WHERE IS MY STRIKER!

And by striker I don't mean Pazzini.
OMG! A STAR HAS FALLEN! :O

http://i.minus.com/iL4noXnhtiuou.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I KNEW IT! I knew that space in the middle was there for a reason. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3cK95.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Now that's just desperate. And you know it. Ferguson retracted those players as a statement in favour of his shitehawk son.

And funnily enough I just watched a five minute interview with Raheem Sterling who talked in glowing terms of his debut under Dalglish.

Pulis is Darren's mother right? And yeah, I'm sure the 5 minutes Sterling got all season led to Kenny fellatio.

Not surprising he's going to talk up Dalglish really.

GorillaJu

Youth players always talk kindly of their manager though.

Unless you're AVB and Lukaku lololol

Either way, I was really frustrated with the lack of substitutions (particularly youth players) by Dalglish. Of all the teams in the PL, I think Liverpool were the third team from the bottom for making substitutes, above Stoke and one other (and not by much). While many of our starting players have great engines, we had a few who could come off the bench and do a job that were criminally underused.

Haven't heard anything more about those two German players Duncan Jenkins mentioned (Draxler, Holtby) but I'd really love more to come out of that link. In particular, Draxler looks like a fantastic player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom