• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Fergie said Nick Powell will be a CM. So that's United's midfielder for this summer. :p
Yeah, i think it'll be a good move to play him there. Cleverly/Powell future midfield. Some good news that SAF wants to play Kagawa further up and probably get a LB in.

xbhaskarx

So Pelé once played for this club? Never heard of them.

Pelé, Giorgio Chinaglia, Carlos Alberto, Franz Beckenbauer... other players who came over to the NASL at the same time include Johan Cruyff, George Best, Gordon Banks, Bobby Moore, Johan Neeskens... heck even Harry Redknapp spent some time over here.

There's a really good documentary about the New York Cosmos called Once in a Lifetime, available on Netflix.

Edit: it's also on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=673t1hJ6bbI

Linius

what are the seedings? can't wait for Man City to get into another group of death because of their terrible performances in Europe and for Mancini to subsequently whine about it.

qqdPO.png

jtb

Banned

Thanks bjaelke and Linius. The rules are one from each pot, and only one team per country in each group, right?

PSG
Juve
Man City
Any Pot 1 team

would be a pretty brutal group. now I really want PSG to get Ibra + Silva...

edit: and Man City's actually pretty high in the seedings, as is Porto. do Europa League matches count the same as Champions League, like they do for the Coefficients?

Lightning

Banned
PSG
Juve
Man City
Any Pot 1 team

would be a pretty brutal group. now I really want PSG to get Ibra + Silva...
Add Barcelona, real Madrid or bayern Munich to that group and that will be supremely awesome.

I hope we don't get Juventus or Dortmund (again)

Why would you want that? You want to see City not making it to the last 16 AGAIN?
I would love nothing more than to see this happen. Would be awesome!!!!!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arnesen says VDV to Hamburg is 'impossible'.

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww yyyyeeeaaahhhhhh

Clegg

Get a Vaio

That reccomendation may or may not be influenced by my rampant Sony fanboyism

Thats the laptop which has unfortunately shat itself.

I might get another Vaio but I was just wondering what other people think might be good potential purchases.

I've heard that Asus do good laptops?

WriterGK

Uruguay and Spain both asked me to be there coach. I denied Uruguay and chose Spain. I think I will let some old players go and choose some youngsters like Herrera.

dc89

I might get another Vaio but I was just wondering what other people think might be good potential purchases.

Yeah Asus are pretty decent so I hear.

Mine's started shitting itself recently, think it might be since I started using Chrome so I'm back on FF. Feels bad man

bjaelke

http://twitpic.com/a6uc2w

Photo from Gazzetta dello Sport: Silvio Berlusconi: "Yes, I've sold Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG".

jtb

Banned
Anything up to 1k I suppose.

Would like something a bit cheaper than that though.

I got my first MacBook (13 inch Air) with the new refresh; came around $1000 with student discount (you don't need to prove it if you order online). first ever apple computer, have really liked it so far and everyone I've talked to says they have a long life compared to most computers... something to consider I guess.

K1LLER7

I had a HP which shat itself a last year. Got an Acer now which is pretty good.

flippedb

Banned
http://twitpic.com/a6uc2w

Photo from Gazzetta dello Sport: Silvio Berlusconi: "Yes, I've sold Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG".

Just saw that! F*** YOU AND YOUR CHEAP ASS, BERLUSCONI! F*** YOU!

Hope it's not true. C'mon Berlusconi! WTH?! No Scudetto, no UCL, no Coppa...damn! :(

Linius

I need a laptop for Uni so it's pretty essential.

I'd rather spend around the 400-500 mark though.

In that case you should really check out MSI. The have some great stuff in the cheaper price range. Also in higher price ranges, but still :p

ATF487

Get a desktop + monitor for 700 and a netbook for 200.

The Netbook was a godsend for classes, I could charge it at night and get 8 hours of battery life in class. I can't tell you how many champions league games I watched during accounting and capital markets. The laptop would do both things but not as well, and if it shits itself it's more expensive than replacing PC parts.

edit: this would be cheaper in pounds but not possible at 500 i'd reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom