• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
So much pressure going to be on poor Giroud this coming season. I don't know about this personally but I am certain that he will do well for us. He has all the talents there, it's just a matter whether Arsenal can give him the support he needs to succeed and if Wenger can get the best out of him (I am confident on this one)

Wenger's got a pretty good eye when it comes to french talent.

Arnie

So much pressure going to be on poor Giroud this coming season. I don't know about this personally but I am certain that he will do well for us. He has all the talents there, it's just a matter whether Arsenal can give him the support he needs to succeed and if Wenger can get the best out of him (I am confident on this one)

The pressure's certainly not enviable. He must've known that this could well be the situation for him, and I'm sure the club made it abundantly clear when talking to him about a transfer. For what it's worth I didn't see RVP and Giroud playing much together anyway, what with the deluge of supporting strikers and attacking wingers Arsenal have.

It's a trial by fire and it'll be one of the most interesting things to monitor from a neutral perspective, and one of the most important things from an Arsenal perspective. That RVP goal hole is going to be huge. It needs plugging.

jtb

Banned

I actually think there will be less pressure on him since Wenger got him early, and had him go on about he wanted to play alongside RVP. If he was brought in afterwards as some panic buy, people would be no doubt fuming. As it is, I think it'll be fine. I've got a feeling not having an RVP-type ego in the squad will be good for the team as a whole; it's similar to when Henry left and nobody was bought because the players were always good enough and that helped bring everyone else up a notch, Adebayor in particular. Key difference being the one and only Cesc Fabregas. (and Flamini too. Though he was only ever good that last season.)

which is a pretty big difference :(

jtb

Banned
Plus Wenger is notorious for building his teams of late around his one star (often injury prone) player. take that star player out and he's much more willing to tinker with his tactics to fit a more well rounded group of players. That kind of tactical flexibility is desperately needed and will be very welcome come the start of this next season.

Don't worry, you've got Wilshere.

:lol if he ever regains his fitness/kicks the drug habit...

GorillaJu

After reading through the Clint Dempsey thread on RAWK, he is now my number one desired player (after JOE ALLEN, of course). Never seen such a concentration of daft cockwallets.

GorillaJu

We all know the real reason WoodenLung doesn't like Agger

Agger-Torres.jpg

choodi

Banned
All you other clubs making million dollar signings yet we haven't signed a soul.

Not a single signing for our first team. This sucks.

Yeah, but on the other hand, we have managed to get rid of some dead weight and have not lost any of our important players.

New signings will happen, just be patient

rodvik

Thats the laptop which has unfortunately shat itself.

I might get another Vaio but I was just wondering what other people think might be good potential purchases.

I've heard that Asus do good laptops?

Yes, I love Asus. I have never gone wrong with them. I have a Republic of Gamers one now and have owned two lower range ones before now. They are great. They also have a remarkably low amount of bloatware.

Oddly enough after Asus the best windows laptop I ever had was a Toshiba.

If you dont need a windows box then MacBook Pros are very solid machines.

If you think Agger is sexy you're on Kyoufu levels of crazy. Not like Bendtner, a true Danish hero who doesn't need hundreds of nationalistic tattoos to show he is the king of Denmark.

GorillaJu

If you think Agger is sexy you're on Kyoufu levels of crazy. Not like Bendtner, a true Danish hero who doesn't need hundreds of nationalistic tattoos to show he is the king of Denmark.

t_d_agger_daniel_agger-459213.jpg

I had a dream last night that AVB built up Sigurdsson's ego so much that he thought he could do anything, so he started doing UFC. He was fighting some bald guy, was getting destroyed, and he got a cut on his arm that was bleeding too much, so in order to not get the fight stopped he used a surgical saw to cut off his arm. ... it made sense in the context of my dream. Yes, these are the kinds of dreams I have. I think I've had at least 4 or 5 vivid dreams involving MMA and some form of bloody decapitation / limb-severing.

Arnie

I had a dream last night that AVB built up Sigurdsson's ego so much that he thought he could do anything, so he started doing UFC. He was fighting some bald guy, was getting destroyed, and he got a cut on his arm that was bleeding too much, so in order to not get the fight stopped he used a surgical saw to cut off his arm. ... it made sense in the context of my dream. Yes, these are the kinds of dreams I have. I think I've had at least 4 or 5 vivid dreams involving MMA and some form of bloody decapitation / limb-severing.
This is genuinely hilarious. Time for me to go to bed and have some crazy dreams of my own.

I'm sad. Knowing two of the best players in my team are gone is depressing.

:(
Don't worry man, you can have Carroll for a few euros.

Lightning

Banned
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...m-at-bayern-munich-dortmund-are-like-a-family

I really really like Jurgen Klopp. I wish he would become Arsenal manager once he finishes with Dortmund!!!!!!!!

Plus Wenger is notorious for building his teams of late around his one star (often injury prone) player. take that star player out and he's much more willing to tinker with his tactics to fit a more well rounded group of players. That kind of tactical flexibili:lol if he ever regains his fitness/kicks the drug habit...
Dont you think it's kind of concerning we aren't getting any updates on Jack's situation?

I would really like to know how both Jack and Sagna are getting on with their respective situations.

I'm not the best looking guy in the world, but 'dinho is one UGLY motherfucker. He was the best though that season, too bad he pissed it all away. Must be hard to maintain that level of focus and motivation after you've pretty much done everything at a very high level of play, undressing defenders/goalies alike and won everything.

Edit: Also, Eto'o was one cold blooded finisher.

IceCold

I'm not the best looking guy in the world, but 'dinho is one UGLY motherfucker. He was the best though that season, too bad he pissed it all away. Must be hard to maintain that level of focus and motivation after you've pretty much done everything at a very high level of play, undressing defenders/goalies alike and won everything.

The problem with Ronaldinho is that he preferred to party and bang groupies instead of training. Same thing happened with fat Ronaldo. To play maintain such a level you have to be motivated as fuck. See: C. Ronaldo or Messi.

The problem with Ronaldinho is that he preferred to party and bang groupies instead of training. Same thing happened with fat Ronaldo. To play maintain such a level you have to be motivated as fuck. See: C. Ronaldo or Messi.

To be honest, if multiple hot Spanish women came up to me everyday and tried to make love to me, I'd pretty much stop showing up to training too :LOL.

flippedb

Banned

Actually, fat Ronaldo has a disease. It's a Pituitary Gland deficiency.

Salazar

Has there been anything from any actual reputable sources that suggest United are interested? Even someone like Darren Can?

Complete mixture from all different kinds of sources. We care a lot, we care a little, we don't give a toss.

Must be utterly mental for Powell, going from Crewe into (potentially) United's first team.

GorillaJu

Complete mixture from all different kinds of sources. We care a lot, we care a little, we don't give a toss.

Must be utterly mental for Powell, going from Crewe into (potentially) United's first team.

What would it take for Powell to become your new Tom Cleverly?

Meier

Can't believe City still haven't made any moves other than Mancini. Fuck's sake, sell someone! Hope this Kolo deal is done soon.. I just want some movement at all.

jtb

Banned
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...m-at-bayern-munich-dortmund-are-like-a-family

I really really like Jurgen Klopp. I wish he would become Arsenal manager once he finishes with Dortmund!!!!!!!!

Dont you think it's kind of concerning we aren't getting any updates on Jack's situation?

I would really like to know how both Jack and Sagna are getting on with their respective situations.

Arsenal are stuck in the stone age when it comes to interacting with their fan base and other clubs. It's concerning, but they have consistently fucked up every kind of signaling to anyone and everyone so I'm not too concerned. If he's done for good, then so be it. A real shame, but these things happen. I just wish they would come out one way or another; these stupid media bans do nothing to clear the situation and only prolong the inevitable.

Lightning

Banned
Can't believe City still haven't made any moves other than Mancini. Fuck's sake, sell someone! Hope this Kolo deal is done soon.. I just want some movement at all.
Because of the wages City pay it's a hard slow process to get rid of the chaff because players don't like pay cuts.

Arsenal are stuck in the stone age when it comes to interacting with their fan base and other clubs. It's concerning, but they have consistently fucked up every kind of signaling to anyone and everyone so I'm not too concerned. If he's done for good, then so be it. A real shame, but these things happen. I just wish they would come out one way or another; these stupid media bans do nothing to clear the situation and only prolong the inevitable.
Can't be done for good though, surely? The guy is only what 21 years old and Arsenal are marketing their new shirts with him wearing them. I will be upset if his career is over, that would be unbelieveable.

jtb

Banned

Kolo, Adebayor, Santa Cruz are all almost done I heard. then, I can see Tevez leaving shortly afterwards to Milan as Ibra's replacement (instead of Pato's). from there, you'd definitely have some wage room to work in a couple extra signings. maybe not any big ones (RVP hopefully!!!) but some squad players, that kind of thing. Should be a good summer for City; ditch the Mark Hughes deadwood, pick up some quality depth.

Can't be done for good though, surely? The guy is only what 21 years old and Arsenal are marketing their new shirts with him wearing them. I will be upset if his career is over, that would be unbelieveable.

I don't think so either, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took him quite some time to get back up to speed. I mean, shit, Eduardo and Ramsey are still playing football. Their progress was set back considerably, perhaps irreparably. I think the mutterings of career endings are just because, as usual, Arsenal has decided that the best message to send is no message at all.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think so either, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took him quite some time to get back up to speed. I mean, shit, Eduardo and Ramsey are still playing football. Their progress was set back considerably, perhaps irreparably. I think the mutterings of career endings are just because, as usual, Arsenal has decided that the best message to send is no message at all.
Yeah, Arsenal suck badly for this though. Even the AST etc... no one is bringing this matter up but our preseason has started. I find that very concerning.

Sagna obviously not under any ban because he tweets his progress. I believe he is running again so with any luck he will be ready for the start of the season but he should heal it right and not rush it just to be fit for the start of the season.

dc89

So it looks like tomorrow will be a Fab day.

You enjoy Fabday.

Dont.. don't do this. We already have one dc75

Ignore him.

If Kolo goes I'd say it's a given we will sign a centre back. Savic will more than likely go out on loan and I can't see Mancini letting Boyata be number 3 choice.

FootballFan

Ibra and Thiago Silva to PSG is huge. Both because PSG has just become that much better, and Milan have just gotten much worse. Juve already 12/13 champs?

So ho is Muniesa from Barcelona (B)

Heard rumors he's going to Ajax,...interesting.

Muniesa! Pretty promising young player, I remember him for getting a red card on his debut and crying :lol

Gerard Deulofeu. Another goal...

Sigh, Barca have so many amazing talents coming through. This guy is special...

Easily Barcas best youngster. He will be huge in a couple years imo.

FootballFan

They are my favorite as things stands now, but not even close to champions already, could see a few teams challenging them.

Who do you see challenging them ? I don't think Napoli is consistent enough, especially now that they lost Lavezzi. (insigne coming in is ok but he is no Lavezzi)

Inter? Who knows wtf they will be doing next season.

Maybe if Milan use the Ibra-Silva money wisely they could challenge.

Roma - Meh don't see it.

or another option is Pirlo gets injured, Juve crumble and Udinese win the scudetto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom