• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

BBC rumour Joey Barton to Blackburn.

All together now: sorry Jeff.

And what, precisely what, the fuck

steviebateman
A source close to #EFC says the club will continue to resist #MUFC's overtures to Leighton Baines until they offer close to £20 million.

bjaelke

BBC rumour Joey Barton to Blackburn.

Morten_Gamst_Peders_272024c.jpg

I'm pretty sure Daily Fail ran that story yesterday.

dc89

Holy cow. One thing you have to say about Microsoft and the Halo devs is that they sure know how to do live action trailers.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm glad PSG are getting Silva and Ibra. It will be good for the CL to have a strong French team for once. Hopefully we get a group of death with them and City.

Damn, Igor Budans 2 year old daughter died yesterday.

Who do you see challenging them ? I don't think Napoli is consistent enough, especially now that they lost Lavezzi. (insigne coming in is ok but he is no Lavezzi)

Inter? Who knows wtf they will be doing next season.

Maybe if Milan use the Ibra-Silva money wisely they could challenge.

Roma - Meh don't see it.

or another option is Pirlo gets injured, Juve crumble and Udinese win the scudetto

Well that's the thing, Milan still got lots of time to get in proper replacements, the question is if they will. Roma? Doubtful, but they are slowly building up a pretty good team. Napoli however I could see going for it, they need a few signings here and there but they could no doubt challenge for the top spot of they don't sell out. Inter? Probably relegation.

WriterGK

I'm glad PSG are getting Silva and Ibra. It will be good for the CL to have a strong French team for once. Hopefully we get a group of death with them and City.

For once? You forgot Lyon makes it almost regulary to the 1/16/ and quater finals? And that until last season Real Madrid almost never beats Lyon?

Clegg

IIRC Francois Hollande wants to impose a 75% income tax on anyone in France who earns over 1m a year. So either that law isn't going through or footballers in France are exempt.

Zabojnik

Ibra and Thiago Silva to PSG is huge. Both because PSG has just become that much better, and Milan have just gotten much worse. Juve already 12/13 champs?

I wouldn't be so quick to shout victory. There's a few factors to consider. Milan isn't dead yet. Ibra and Thiago may be gone, but I wouldn't underestimate Galliani. Up front, all they need to do is sign someone like Tevez and I guarantee you that Ibra will soon be forgotten. Tevez + Pato (hopefully he doesn't get injured again)? With Cassano, Robinho and the promising El Shaarawy as backups? That's a fucking great striking force. Further more they already signed Montolivo and then there's Boateng, Nocerino and Flamini. None too shabby. Nesta and Thiago Silva will be harder to replace, but I'm sure Golden Tie will find someone suitable for the job.

Most importantly, with Ibra gone, they can finally switch their playing philosophy. No more 'pass the ball to Zlatan and hope for the best', everybody will have to step up and take responsibility now, which can only be a good thing. I guess we'll finally find out how capable a coach Allegri truly is.

Who do you see challenging them ? I don't think Napoli is consistent enough, especially now that they lost Lavezzi. (insigne coming in is ok but he is no Lavezzi)

Inter? Who knows wtf they will be doing next season.

Maybe if Milan use the Ibra-Silva money wisely they could challenge.

Roma - Meh don't see it.

or another option is Pirlo gets injured, Juve crumble and Udinese win the scudetto

Napoli, not having the CL to suck them dry, might be a worthy contender. Insigne is looking very good, but yeah, they do have to find a new Lavezzi of sorts, someone to supply Cavani. Inter are a complete mistery at this point, same as Roma. Both could positively surprise, but it's just as likely that they'll crash and burn. Should be interesting.

All things considered, there's really nothing we can hide behind. We're clearly the favourites and if we manage to sign that damned WC striker, I'm confident we can do fairly well in the CL as well. Well, unless we end up in a group of death, which seems likely. :/

Also, whoever manages to snatch Destro from Genoa is getting the next big thing. Think he's about to become a truly fantastic striker.
Well, it's Genoa, so he might as well be a Milan(o) player. :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
doubt it. Sounds like Berlusconi is trying to cash out on Milan; he hardly spent big after Kaka's sale. I'd imagine Tevez is on his way to Milan though, assuming the wages can be kept at a reasonable level. or maybe another suitor for RVP? we all know Galliani likes to cheap out.
As much as I don't rate him, last season it was really FC Ibra and not AC Milan that finished 2nd.

Berlusconi will sign big names nearer his election campaign that's for sure.

And Berlusconi "Yes, I've sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG, we'll save €150m in two years"

Is it really 150m? I think he's counting Thiago Silva's new improved contract. Sounds to me like he was given a new contract just inflate this whole "money saved" number. :/

As it stands, PSG (and possibly Liverpool and United) are more Italian than Inter.
r97K9.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
For once? You forgot Lyon makes it almost regulary to the 1/16/ and quater finals? And that until last season Real Madrid almost never beats Lyon?

No I didn't forget, but they never stood a chance of winning it. PSG could.

WriterGK

No I didn't forget, but they never stood a chance of winning it. PSG could.

Okay. But I don't think PSG really has a change of winning it ;) I would be surprised if they make it to the semi finals. They only came in second last year in France. Ofcourse Thiago Silva and Lavezzi are good so is Zlatan but Zlatan is not that magical if you ask me.

Carbonox

Joey Barton to Blackburn? :lol Do it.

That Blackburn team is shaping up to be...uh...something.

Nuno Gomes linking up with Leon Best is hilarious.

I really hope the team get relegated again. Sorry Jeff but the hierarchy deserves nothing but pain.

dc89

Another loan deal would make him even more of a comedy figure, but he's not good enough for us. Waste of a bench spot. Bring over Henriquez and give him a chance.

Haha. I think that's Stockport train station. Wouldn't want to be propositioned by any woman around there.

flippedb

Banned
They can take Ibra. As Zabojnik says, it would be great to change the way Milan plays.

But Thiago! We just lost Nesta, losing Thiago as well would be a catastrophe for our defence. Mexes is not that great, and without a great CB as Thiago or Nesta next to him, he only gets worse.

GorillaJu

Suarez's figures are probably more disappointing.

I disagree. He makes his passes almost entirely in and around the box. His chance creation is incredible. I wouldn't want to discourage him from how he plays, rather I would like to surround him with more intelligent movement. A few accurate passes from Suarez generally means a scoring chance for another player.

Conclusion: Swansea rocks :D I also read once that Swansea has 1 player(forgot the name) who's passes are more accurate than Xavi.

You can see it clearly on that chart - Leon Britton.

Zabojnik

They can take Ibra. As Zabojnik says, it would be great to change the way Milan plays.

But Thiago! We just lost Nesta, losing Thiago as well would be a catastrophe for our defence. Mexes is not that great, and without a great CB as Thiago or Nesta next to him, he only gets worse.

Hummels. Believe.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

In the four games we played with Milan, they played way better without Ibra.

Hummels. Believe.

vader-nooooo.jpg

Let them take Astori or Ogbonna.

bjaelke

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Tottenham agree deal to sign Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City. Adebayor will now discuss terms with Spurs #SSN

dc89

Zabojnik

Whoa, really? Thank god Hummels is more likely then. Being ex-Bayern and everything.
Judas gene

:)

Seriously though, both are already really good and could become great CBs in the right context. Wish we could've signed one or the other, but alas, it was not to be. Lucio on the cheap ain't that bad either, I suppose.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
55uPF.png

"Could Sneijder follow Eto'o's path? It's possible that there could be such a risk."

"These are things that have to take place by putting everything together, which also means taking a look at our revenue."

Lucas Moura is the potential replacement.
iMJuDKEpQPXAP.png

:)

Seriously though, both are already really good and could become great CBs in the right context. Wish we could've signed one or the other, but alas, it was not to be. Lucio on the cheap ain't that bad either, I suppose.

Definitely.

Bonucci showed some positive signs last season and he's just as young as Astori and Ogbonna (I thought he was younger). Not nearly as versatile as Ogbonna though, I hear he's just as good playing fullback?

Zabojnik

Bonucci showed some positive signs last season and he's just as young as Astori and Ogbonna (I thought he was younger). Not nearly as versatile as Ogbonna though, I hear he's just as good playing fullback?

Don't know about just as good, but yeah, he can play as a fullback. As you can imagine following the third Torino club, Lucento being the second, isn't high on my list of priorities. Timurid?

Moura is not happening guys! Or at least these reports are false. They all claim Jim Lawlor is out there getting the deal done. Firstly, why would he be the one doing it? Secondly, people in and around the club have said he has been at Carrington for the last week.

I would love for it to happen but it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom