• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Arse hair is the worst

with it: potential winnets
without it: immense albeit amusing discomfort due to sweaty arse crack

Yeah, having watched Giroud in this tournament I'd be dead excited too
KuGsj.gif

Lightning

Banned
He didn't have much opportunity. France preferred Benzema and were creatively dead so i read nothing into that. Arsenal are a whole different story.

Fry

Spain deserved it because France were pathetic, but fuck Spain's style of football. It'll be a joke if they carry on playing like that through the semis and the final and still win it.

Messi

Spain deserved it because France were pathetic, but fuck Spain's style of football. It'll be a joke if they carry on playing like that through the semis and the final and still win it.

tumblr_m4vhu9MuV61qj3ir1.jpg

I really enjoy watching Spain on a technical level. Playing with no striker fascinates me.

nemesun

France were in shambles today, Spain didn't even have to change gears to beat their collective arses back to France. Re; Giroud, Laurent didn't fancy him from the start and I don't know how you could judge a player based on a 8 minutes cameo.

Kyoufu

I very much agree, I also think Spain are sorely missing Villa.

I don't think they're missing anyone yet. After all, they are winning WITHOUT a striker, and they are doing it comfortably.

Del Bosque or whatever his name is won't complain.

Playing 4-6-0 certainly didn't help their cause.

What do you want them to do? They attacked France. France didn't attack Spain. I don't get why people are complaining here.

Wilbur

Banned
Looks like Bilic took Corluka with him to Lokomotiv Moscow. A Burlak-Corluka pairing at the back would actually be pretty good for them.

Thankfully they will still rely on this man to score goals for them

Bilic is a class manager. Hope he does well

That's like comparing apples to oranges. Two different type of players who both excel in different areas.

Fabregas is so wasted for Spain and arguably Barca. Looked incredible at Arsenal

Scum

I absolutely love the way Spain play. It's exactly what I'd expect from a technically gifted bunch of lads the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. It's just a damn shame that Villa is injured. :-(

Messi

I don't think they're missing anyone yet. After all, they are winning WITHOUT a striker, and they are doing it comfortably.

Del Bosque or whatever his name is won't complain.

What do you want them to do? They attacked France. France didn't attack Spain. I don't get why people are complaining here.

As someone said here earlier. Spain would not be playing striker less if Villa was find. No chance. If the final ends up being Spain vs Germany. Having no proper striker will be a problem.

Yep, they looked better with Pedro on. Gave them something different up front.

I love Pedro. He is awesome. Hopefully he gets more mins for Spain and Barca.

Linius

Just saw that header from Xabi Alonso, terrible piece of defending there France.

By the way, new Breaking Bad photos releases today.

BB-S5-Walt-Jesse-Couch-760.jpg

Bad-ass :D

nemesun

So Spain's striker situation is so shit that without Villa you are screwed? wow pathetic....

I personally would start with either Jesus or Torres upfront. This 4-6-0 nonsense is absolutely preposterous. France rolled over for them today but if they play a proper team like Germany they might get found out.

Lightning

Banned
In the world class striker department I'd say yes. Torres is fine, id go with Llorente but that's because I <3 Llorente.
Yeah but Torres is still a very good striker and from what I've heard so is Llorente so I don't understand why the need to play Fabregas in a position he clearly doesn't have the toolset to play. Spain have the best attacking talent in the world so they can do better than that, surely.

Linius

Yeah, looks nice. But it's still weird to have Messi on the FIFA boxes now. I'm still waiting for the time that EA decides to do it oldschool by choosing a local hero per country together with one player that's on every boxart.

Messi

The kit has really grown on me, looks good. Like it more than last season's.

I have two of them and love it so much more than last seasons. So comfy.

Yeah, looks nice. But it's still weird to have Messi on the FIFA boxes now. I'm still waiting for the time that EA decides to do it oldschool by choosing a local hero per country together with one player that's on every boxart.

Thats what they do now no? Last year FIFA in Spain was Xabi Alonso and Piqué, Ireland was Richard dunne and Rooney. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom