• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

If Debuchy indeed signs we have one of the best starting elevens in the league when everyone is healthy. Come at me!

Yeah Debuchy is the only player that will be slotting straight in to the starting 11.

Pardew also wants to keep Ba in a central role so it's either next to Cisse or playing behind him as his link-up play is fantastic. That does mean Cabaye will need to drop back a bit more but he's class where ever he plays. My only concern is that we're worse when we play a regular 4-4-2 because Ben Arfa isn't at the forefront of our attacks like he is in a 4-3-3.

Anyway, with Debuchy and Douglas all but confirmed, we need Anita and a striker - like Gary Hooper or Guidetti, someone who can be third choice, and we'll be set.

Kyoufu

Yeah Debuchy is the only player that will be slotting straight in to the starting 11.

Pardew also wants to keep Ba in a central role so it's either next to Cisse or playing behind him as his link-up play is fantastic. That does mean Cabaye will need to drop back a bit more but he's class where ever he plays. My only concern is that we're worse when we play a regular 4-4-2 because Ben Arfa isn't at the forefront of our attacks like he is in a 4-3-3.

Anyway, with Debuchy and Douglas all but confirmed, we need Anita and a striker - like Gary Hooper or Guidetti, someone who can be third choice, and we'll be set.

Carroll pls.

And the fuck was wrong with Gaf last night. Gaf down time did shook me up, you guys were right :p

Hehe told ya!

Yeah it seems to be a choice between adjusting for Ba or for Ben Arfa. I would hope that they keep switching depending on game and opponents. We need both of them to be satisfied and contribute.

Kyoufu

Yeah it seems to be a choice between adjusting for Ba or for Ben Arfa. I would hope that they keep switching depending on game and opponents. We need both of them to be satisfied and contribute.

It'd be easier, safer and wiser to adjust for Ba as Ben Arfa can literally play anywhere in any formation and make an impact. Ba needs to be central or he won't score a damn goal. :(

I don't like 4-4-2 though. Would have preferred a 4-3-3 tbh. Even if that meant Ba not on the pitch.

Facism

So bitter atm ;p

Hamit Altintop is at Galatasaray's training camp in Austria, training with the squad. No actual offical transfer confirmation, but he's there. Wish he came to fener :O

NHale

Is this Rolando for AC Milan true? Replacing Thiago Silva with Rolando would be a downgrade of epic proportions.

So bitter atm ;p

Hamit Altintop is at Galatasaray's training camp in Austria, training with the squad. No actual offical transfer confirmation, but he's there. Wish he came to fener :O

You will get Oscar Cardozo. And you will learn to love him and hate him at the same time.

Carbonox

Carroll pls.

Actually you're right, Carroll would be even better. That way when we do play him, he can be the lone target man due to this playing style, allowing us to go to a 4-3-3 that utilises Ben Arfa and someone like Marveaux on the other side more efficiently.

PARDEW MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
NHale said:
Is this Rolando for AC Milan true? Replacing Thiago Silva with Rolando would be a downgrade of epic proportions.

He's one of the names linked to Milan, yes.
Happy Birthday awesomegarcia!

Happy Birthday again. ;)

One the same day as Paratici!

89994d036518324b7fb5047699dd6d7e-1331144883-id-70452-560x372.jpg

What's the going rate for a dental check-up in England? Just made my first appointment since I crossed the age limit, and its gonna cost £58. Is that about right?

Hutch

Neo Member
Hey, been super busy at work and haven't been up to date with transfer news - can anyone tell me what the most solid looking Liverpool transfers are so far? Starting to get a bit anxious here...

bjaelke

Hey, been super busy at work and haven't been up to date with transfer news - can anyone tell me what the most solid looking Liverpool transfers are so far? Starting to get a bit anxious here...

Borini allegedly having his medical today and could very well be our first signing.

If Debuchy indeed signs we have one of the best starting elevens in the league when everyone is healthy. Come at me!

456441_Liverpool.jpg

I quite like that, still think we could be going for better players than Dempsey though. I don't know who, but hey, that's what scouts are for.

One advantage that Dempsey would provide is the ability to drop into that Gerrard role when he's inevitably out.

edit - WTF? £20? Where do I go to get those rates? The woman on the phone mentioned that the dentists is now private, does that mean it now has nothing to do with the NHS? If I go to an NHS one, will I get the normal price?

Hutch

Neo Member
Haven't seen much of Borini... Checked out some youtube vids but highlights are pretty useless. Good signing?

Edit:

Our starting 11 cant possibly include Henderson. Right? Surely were looking into a signing in his position?

Mastadon

Banned
Haven't seen much of Borini... Checked out some youtube vids but highlights are pretty useless. Good signing?

I don't think you quite understand how YouTube highlights work. If you've watched more than 3 minutes of video, you're now an expert on Borini.

Salazar

I don't think you quite understand how YouTube highlights work. If you've watched more than 3 minutes of video, you're now an expert on Borini.

I spend 20 minutes after I wake up every morning posting "WELCOME 2 MUFC" on unknown Macedonian centre-halves' vids. Groundwork.

Watching Eriksen clips. Spend the Baines money on him. Evra will come good.

edit - WTF? £20? Where do I go to get those rates? The woman on the phone mentioned that the dentists is now private, does that mean it now has nothing to do with the NHS? If I go to an NHS one, will I get the normal price?
Yeah you need to go to a NHS surgery to get the NHS prices. You can probably find the nearest one to you through their website.

Our starting 11 cant possibly include Henderson. Right? Surely were looking into a signing in his position?

I really like Henderson. If Rodgers can get him to come out of his shell, he'll be very good and a perfect 'Rodgers player'

Its Lucas who needs cover most I think. I'm happy enough to have Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, Dempsey and Adam ahead of that crucial DM position. Its not exactly title winning, but we have priorities elsewhere. Spearing behind them though? Fuck no. If Lucas suffers a reoccurance of his injury, that's it, season over.

Also, you guys have just possibly saved me £39, so cheers for that :)

It'd be easier, safer and wiser to adjust for Ba as Ben Arfa can literally play anywhere in any formation and make an impact. Ba needs to be central or he won't score a damn goal. :(

I don't like 4-4-2 though. Would have preferred a 4-3-3 tbh. Even if that meant Ba not on the pitch.

It's the completely opposite to what I think :) I like a traditional 4-4-2, the way two central attackers can supplement and help eachother can be very important especially with a strong player like Ba and a scorer like Cisse.

Actually you're right, Carroll would be even better. That way when we do play him, he can be the lone target man due to this playing style, allowing us to go to a 4-3-3 that utilises Ben Arfa and someone like Marveaux on the other side more efficiently.

PARDEW MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I seriously don't know if you guys are fucking with me or not ? :p I'm not on the hate
Carroll train by any means but suggesting starting without Ba and Cisse :)

Carbonox

It's the completely opposite to what I think :) I like a traditional 4-4-2, the way two central attackers can supplement and help eachother can be very important especially with a strong player like Ba and a scorer like Cisse.

I seriously don't know if you guys are fucking with me or not ? :p I'm not on the hate
Carroll train by any means but suggesting starting without Ba and Cisse :)

I mean for games where Carroll comes on as a sub or starts (cup games for example) when we need to rest Cisse/Ba. Otherwise Carroll would be on the bench most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom