• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things I missed:

****gate - glad I missed that or my ban may have ended up a much lengthier one, farce but I'll leave it at that

Rovers - we are making some sensible looking signings personnel wise, but money wise it looks suicidal to me, Murphy is still a great player but he's on mega money along with Best and Gomes may be too old to have an effect. I still haven't crumbled and bought a season ticket.

Messi - I have decided you have an actual problem and I'm going to organise an intervention

Welcome new juniors I am Steve Kean!

I can't believe I missed this. Welcome back Jeff!!

Terry verdict due any minute. I hope he's found guilty, if not we'll have to endure footage of him ripping off his suit to reveal a full Chelsea kit :(

Arnie

I already saw Hitcher89 proposed it with his suggested line-up, but I will shit myself if you end up playing him on the wing.

Well that's you dropping to RAWKish levels of idiocy because that's his position.

That's like me saying I'd shit myself if you played Kagawa behind the striker. An utterly moronic statement.

hello Jeff

Wilbur

Banned
Well that's you dropping to RAWKish levels of idiocy because that's his position.

That's like me saying I'd shit myself if you played Kagawa behind the striker. An utterly moronic statement.

But Kagawa won't play behind the striker :(

Anyway yeah, Borini is a Suarez winger; cuts inside an awful lot.

i accidentally just wrote cunt while typing cut, what's wrong with me

Labadal

I heard Carroll is going to Blackburn on a free. Supposedly, Jeff was in one way or another involved.

Rodgers wants Maxi to stay. I'd be okay with that if he's used as a sub and cup player, maybe play when we need to rest someone else. I checked his stats and he has scored 17 goals in 73 appearances, not bad, not bad at all. People say he mostly scores tap ins, but we couldn't even manage that last season. I also found out he doesn't speak English, and that's one of the reasons he would want to leave.

Arnie

I love Maxi, don't want him to go, and definitely don't agree with the couple of posters here who think he's shit.

Plus he's got the best song, and he scores more frequently than anyone so we get to enjoy it.

WJD

Fairly sure Terry's going to be found innocent unfortunately. Though I don't see how anyone can watch the footage and follow his sarcasm defence; it was quite obviously said with a good amount of aggression.

Labadal

I love Maxi, don't want him to go, and definitely don't agree with the couple of posters here who think he's shit.

Plus he's got the best song, and he scores more frequently than anyone so we get to enjoy it.

He's good to have as a squad player. With a manager that believes in him, he might actually get some confidence and play well.

Well played Scottish Football.

Some clubs buy their way to success. I'd rather teams earned their success with sustained imporvement, but that's the way it is. Rangers spent their way to trophies with money they didn't even have and had no prospect of having.

Best possible conclusion to this, aside from them technically losing their identity.

But Kagawa won't play behind the striker :(

tumblr_lwmzdeI2BP1ql5an1o1_500.gif

Salazar

I don't know how to feel, after some extended youtube research, about Powell slotting into the first team squad/being talked about like a bench prospect right from the off.

They scouted him for a hell of a lot of games, I guess. And I'm confident it's not going to be a Bébé drowning-in-the-deep-end humiliation. But if you're "looking to develop into a CM", you've got to play there. And the middle of the park for Manchester United is not a place to learn your trade: you need to pretty much know what you're doing.

Cup games when someone gets knackered/injured, or we go comfortably ahead, I guess. Or we're playing total mugs.

Hutch

Neo Member
Supposedly we are looking to bin Adam and going all out for Joe Allen, though whether we can following the no poaching agreement is another matter. If not, I could easily see our midfield 3 being Aquillani - Lucas - Gerrard.

I'd be happy with this but don't see Aquilani staying. As for Adam I cant even sell him for 2m on FM :(

Kyoufu

"Arsenal striker Van Persie is one of the best in the world" says Manchester City forward Aguero.

Foreplay before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom