• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moura shit is likely all coming from the player's agent. Gotta negotiate them contracts.

Only source I see on this Eriksen gossip is a Dutch news service, Sports1. No idea how reliable it is. But it would mean no cover for Carrick brought in at all this summer, so probably an even chance of being real.

To be fair, I don't mind us going all gung-ho in midfield - Cleverley, Petrucci, Powell, etc. coming through, and all look promising. But even Barca needs a Busquets; a pivot who reads the game perfectly, wins the ball, and distributes it intelligently. Who can do that for us except Carrick? Anderson was nothing more than decent, in that aspect of his game, at the start of last season, and it led to extra pressure on our defence. And Fletcher is all but retired.

Yeah, it was short-sighted move on his part, but we really could have used Pogba staying. He's the type of young regista our squad needed for the next few years and beyond. There's always the next prospect, but our side needs that alternative, or else I can see Jones doing a headless chicken run through our midfield when Carrick finally gets injured.

Basically: Moutinho, please.

Must be utterly mental for Powell, going from Crewe into (potentially) United's first team.

Hopefully, he does a Smalling, and not a Bebe.

UnitedGAF. What's happening with Macheda?

Going on tour. Will either be our fourth striker, or go on another loan. My guess is Fergie plays him in a couple CC matches and sells him quietly at the end of the season. Macheda is a great finisher, but there's little else to his game, and his movement in the box isn't that flash either. Will Keane is the much better prospect: deadly in front of goal and a sound technical player.

Oh wauw, that is awesome. Nobody will suspect anyone to do anything like this. Guess it would still work :p

Chances are that a defender will intercept and clear the ball before your teammate gets it. That and going for own success prevents players from doing it, I guess.

LegoArmo

If you make the keeper jump on the first touch then you basically have a free goal to score on. You obviously can't keep doing it, but no one will see it coming the first time around.

Don't think it's worth the risk of a defender getting back, or the keeper getting up, but yeah, just the confusion should be enough.

We all saw what happened when Pires and Henry tried it, though.

Feorax

Could swap him out with Adam if that makes you feel any better!

Supposedly we are looking to bin Adam and going all out for Joe Allen, though whether we can following the no poaching agreement is another matter. If not, I could easily see our midfield 3 being Aquillani - Lucas - Gerrard.

Supposedly we are looking to bin Adam and going all out for Joe Allen, though whether we can following the no poaching agreement is another matter. If not, I could easily see our midfield 3 being Aquillani - Lucas - Gerrard.

Ha, I forgot about Aquilani. I'd have him ahead of Lucas, behind Gerrard, and instead of Henderson. With Gerrard and Aquilani, Henderson would still get enough playtime to develop, especially with the Europa League.

Of course, all of this will probably be irrelevant. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Aquilani will be here come September

Mastadon

Banned

I suppose the no poaching thing would only be valid if there were no other clubs in for Allen, which probably isn't the case. If he's going to leave anyway, then no point enforcing it if it;s going to lose them money.

Salazar

Allen is going to go in the next couple of windows. Swansea should probably take the money.

morsel, your Dempsey thread is fucking riotous. Top work.

Watching this David Beckham interview on SSN, now I feel a bit sorry for him. I'd rather he was there than Giggs tbh, at least he's given a shit in the past about playing for his country

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watching this David Beckham interview on SSN, now I feel a bit sorry for him. I'd rather he was there than Giggs tbh, at least he's given a shit in the past about playing for his country

I really feel bad for him. Pearce should have just picked him, everybody expected it and nobody would have given a crap if Bellamy/Giggs/Richards was left out for him. It seemed like Pearce wanted to underline his (laughable) managerial credentials by appearing totally objective but IMO he just looks like a twat. There is no reason Beckham could not have played a footballing role at the Olympics, however small.

lol at the RAWK stuff about Dempsey

Fulham would be utterly insane to offer £9m + Dempsey in exchange for Carroll as well. That's total batshit.

PaulLFC

Someone who knows his stuff in regards to the club on RAWK (as in, posts the lineups a few hours before the game every week without fail) has said that Borini is at Melwood now having a medical.

Should be confirmed soon hopefully!

Someone who knows his stuff in regards to the club on RAWK (as in, posts the lineups a few hours before the game every week without fail) has said that Borini is at Melwood now having a medical.

Should be confirmed soon hopefully!

I already saw Hitcher89 proposed it with his suggested line-up, but I will shit myself if you end up playing him on the wing.

PaulLFC

I already saw Hitcher89 proposed it with his suggested line-up, but I will shit myself if you end up playing him on the wing.
I'd guess he'll be playing up front, with Suarez playing behind him.

Although you can't take it as definitive opinion of the majority, a lot of Roma fans on forums seem to rate Borini highly and are upset to be losing him. Hopefully he'll make a promising start here if we do sign him and show the potential they think he has.

Messi

A couple of things I missed:

****gate - glad I missed that or my ban may have ended up a much lengthier one, farce but I'll leave it at that

Rovers - we are making some sensible looking signings personnel wise, but money wise it looks suicidal to me, Murphy is still a great player but he's on mega money along with Best and Gomes may be too old to have an effect. I still haven't crumbled and bought a season ticket.

Messi - I have decided you have an actual problem and I'm going to organise an intervention

Welcome new juniors I am Steve Kean!

Wait, what? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom