• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seep

I have called a black person that, and then they proceeded to use a comeback involving my ethnicity. It was fine because we've been friends for years and exchanges like that are jokey andregular.

You can't generalise the reactions of someone to such an insult.

You called your mate a "fuckin black cunt?" Wow dude.

In other news Liverpool have retracted their bid for John Terry after he was cleared of racism charges.

bjaelke

9mr5H.jpg

Borini

Moobabe

I really wanna see McEachran and Piazon (sp?) get a good run-out this season.

Yeah - Ideally I'd like to see a nice rotation of this...

Cech

Ivanovic/??? - Cahill/Ince - Terry/Luiz - Cole/Bertrand

Ramires/McEachran - Lampard/Mikel

Sturridge/Mata - Hazard/Paizon - Marin/???

Torres/Lukaku

One or two more youth players thrown into the mix - maybe a young striker as well. Good to go!

Arnie

I'm at a crossroads in a decision. An acquaintance has invited me to go Go-Karting in Sheffield tomorrow for his birthday, but it's £40. A mate who's going has offered to pay for my train, but it's still a ~£60 trip with food and drink expenses. I either do that or go to my dads for a few days. Money's still tight, even with my deposit back, I'm thinking that these costs could be invested in Liverpool tickets or even a cheap holiday in early September.

I do love the idea of setting a hot lap though.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Number 6 too, interesting.

Salazar

I'm thinking that these costs could be invested in Liverpool tickets or even a cheap holiday in early September.

Do that.

I'm saving to probably get back over to the UK some time late next year, but it's slightly complicated/depressing.

In any case, I just keep on saving as if I'm deffo going. And blow it on summat else if it comes to that.

Arnie

Do that.

I'm saving to probably get back over to the UK some time late next year, but it's slightly complicated/depressing.

In any case, I just keep on saving as if I'm deffo going. And blow it on summat else if it comes to that.

I like that thinking. I'm going to ring my dad and see if he fancies a chippy tea tonight, better plan.

Borini's a great signing. Fuck, Rodgers is going to be class. Why can't he fail and be resurrected AVB style :(
Makes me want to do something too.

616526708.jpg

Do that.

How much is it for you to travel to the UK from down under?

I wish I could save money in any form. I'm just terrible at it.

Meier

I know dc pointed out Pienaar wasn't in the Tottenham club shot.. the DM is reporting he's likely to permanently move to Everton for £5m. Not sure if that was previously mentioned or not -- missed it if it was.

Wilbur

Banned
Have to say, I'm surprised he left Roma already. Zeman's system would work for him and leaving a high profile Italian side when he's trying to break into the national side is a brave decision.

Salazar

How much is it for you to travel to the UK from down under?

I wish I could save money in any form. I'm just terrible at it.

Return flight last time was about AU$1800. Economy swag.

Would be a hell of a lot more in other costs this time, though. Hotels and that. And I'd just end up a brokenhearted wreck with much less money than before.

TrueBlue

You called your mate a "fuckin black cunt?" Wow dude.

Aye, but like I said, the context is different. I was just using at an example that not all black people would react in the same way to those words. That's just a silly generalisation.

Yeah - Ideally I'd like to see a nice rotation of this...

Cech

Ivanovic/??? - Cahill/Ince - Terry/Luiz - Cole/Bertrand

Ramires/McEachran - Lampard/Mikel

Sturridge/Mata - Hazard/Paizon - Marin/???

Torres/Lukaku

One or two more youth players thrown into the mix - maybe a young striker as well. Good to go!

As long as we don't insert youth for the sake of having youth. Wanna see Hutchinson a bit more too.

I made a team-sheet earlier in the month, assuming that we actually buy those that we're rumoured with.

Cech

Cole/Bertand - Terry/Cahill - Luiz/Ivanovic - Ivanovic/A good RB

Mikel - Lampard/Ramires - Mata/Oscar

Hazard - Torres - Hulk

Subs: Sturridge, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Hutchinson, McEachran, Piazon, Marin, Turnbull

Yes I know I've got too many subs shut up.

Return flight last time was about AU$1800. Economy swag.

Would be a hell of a lot more in other costs this time, though. Hotels and that. And I'd just end up a brokenhearted wreck with much less money than before.

So that is just for your return trip? Damn. It's about US$1000 round trip from Chicago. Puts it into perspective, and I need to start saving money to head to the UK.

Salazar

So that is just for your return trip? Damn. It's about US$1000 round trip from Chicago. Puts it into perspective, and I need to start saving money to head to the UK.

Oh yeah, I meant there and back. Terminology difference.

I would try to hit some English cities on the way to Scotland, so that would add up. And drink when I got there.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Damn, PSG is looking pretty fierce. Cannot wait to see them in Champions League.

And to cheese with them in FIFA 13

Zabojnik

Have to say, I'm surprised he left Roma already. Zeman's system would work for him and leaving a high profile Italian side when he's trying to break into the national side is a brave decision.

There's also the possibility that he isn't as great / talented as some of you are apparently convinced he is. But I'm sure I'll be proven wrong. I hope so in fact, Italy needs a prolific striker!

Arnie

Irrespective of any prospective signings I frig my arse raw anyway. But you're right, it would be a bloody state.

If we got Moutinho/Modric my bumhole would look like Fergie's nose.

fucking :lol

I wonder what state Borini's English is in? Either way, translated or not, I expect a nice juicy interview on the website within the next 48 hours. I want training pictures of him and Aquilani too.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
They'll get Stoked. Stoked so hard,
What does this mean? Lose to a superior Spanish side after having their home turf be overrated to hell by the pundits?

But yeah I see them bowing out in the group stage like Man City in the past season

That's the correct usage, and I feel the same, I'd love a fresh new suit.

If you're interested in the heritage of the phrase it originated from a video interview with Jordan Henderson when he described Jose Enrique as being the worst dressed player on the team, saying he owns some 'proper naughty gear'.

I'm at a wedding tomorrow so I get to wear a suit and feel posh for the day

It's my mate Tiny's wedding, we call him tiny because he is obese or at least was, is this fatist?

It's my mate Tiny's wedding, we call him tiny because he is obese or at least was, is this fatist?

Yea, weddings are awesome. I've already been in a few, which means I get to wear a tux, and act like a drunken buffoon because I'm in the wedding party. The last one I was at gave us litre steins as thanks for being in the wedding party and we all were drinking our alcohol out of those. Great time.

NHale

Chelsea haven't signed Hulk yet, have they?

No.

Apparently they offered €32M and FC Porto refused it while PSG offered around €50M and Porto is inclined to accept but Hulk doesn't want to play in France. Well that's the rumor going on around here.

Meier

No.

Apparently they offered €32M and FC Porto refused it while PSG offered around €50M and Porto is inclined to accept but Hulk doesn't want to play in France. Well that's the rumor going on around here.

Interesting, that number is quite different than the previously reported figure. Previously, it was suggested that Chelsea and Porto agreed on a £38m fee. That converts to around €48.25m.

Yea, weddings are awesome. I've already been in a few, which means I get to wear a tux, and act like a drunken buffoon because I'm in the wedding party. The last one I was at gave us litre steins as thanks for being in the wedding party and we all were drinking our alcohol out of those. Great time.

I was silly drunk at my wedding but thats allowed because I still performed!

Arnie

I love weddings. Going to me cousin's wedding in early August so I get to wear my proper naughty pin stripe mafia suit. I look ridiculous in it, but feel like the business. Eventually, when I stop being a scrounger and earn an actual income, I'd like to buy a new suit.

Nice new avatar btw.

elseanio

Really happy with the Borini signing. Number 6 mean Aurellio leaving, or was his the only jumper spare? Hope he helps Aqualini to feel a bit more welcome at Liverpool. We should locate them next door to eachother

Not surprised in the slightest about JT, as I doubt there was enough evidence for Suarez to be convicted in court. FA now have a reason to just brush it under the carpet. I don't really feel this is favouritism towards Terry, rather they wanted to make an example of the first incident (unfortunately for Suarez). Lets hope this situation never comes up again. Will be interesting to see who deals with the next one, though.

Really happy with the Borini signing. Number 6 mean Aurelio leaving, or was his the only jumper spare? Hope he helps Aqualini to feel a bit more welcome at Liverpool. We should locate them next door to eachother

Aurelio left a while back mate. Went to Gremio on a free (Lucas' old club) promptly got injured after his 3rd training session and is out for 6 months. Poor man should retire. His body won't let him do this any more.

And I feel the same about Aquilani. I hope having more countrymen around can help him settle better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom