• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Tevez%20video%20holding%20still1.ashx

Quite a shot of Carlitos.

i1OKdx1rWm76y.gif

Wait, Sao Paulo confirmed that United and Madrid have bid on Lucas Moura? Almost feel comforted that he'll likely pick Spain. How many attacking midfielders do we fucking need, Fergie?

elseanio

Aurelio left a while back mate. Went to Gremio on a free (Lucas' old club) promptly got injured after his 3rd training session and is out for 6 months. Poor man should retire. His body won't let him do this any more.

And I feel the same about Aquilani. I hope having more countrymen around can help him settle better.

Ahh, must have missed that! Shame, he really is made of glass. We could do with a decent LB backup then. Enrique lost a bit of form towards the end of last season. Not sure Robinson should be the only other option there, as promising as he is

Ahh, must have missed that! Shame, he really is made of glass. We could do with a decent LB backup then. Enrique lost a bit of form towards the end of last season. Not sure Robinson should be the only other option there, as promising as he is

The way Rodgers wants to play, we could shove Downing in at LB. He'd be more effective running from deep and crossing there.

Jensen

Wait, Sao Paulo confirmed that United and Madrid have bid on Lucas Moura? Almost feel comforted that he'll likely pick Spain. How many attacking midfielders do we fucking need, Fergie?
The Lucas Moura transfer saga is quickly becoming my favorite one this summer.

gurasa

Manchester City vs. Al Hilal Saudi FC in a hour's time. Will watch.

Hey there!!!!

Must say its a relief to join in with all your bollocks again. I've read so many things and gone to post before noticing I can't.
Yeah, you guys were missed. only elsk is left now. No more c-word adventures, saw a victim yesterday on the gaming side.

Meier

Sorry, one more bit from the City website. This is kind of a neat graph that was put together via some technology from IBM that shows the Twitter reactions on the final day. The scales are completely imbalanced to make it easier to line the two up I suppose but it doesn't paint the real picture in doing so.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/...urce/BLOGS_UPLOADED_IMAGES/PremierLeague6.png

I was hoping since dc said ESPN UK were showing the City friendly, it would be on the web here as well.. but no such luck.

D_prOdigy

Couldn't be less interested in the Moura stuff. Unless he's secretly a really good CM and just hasn't told anyone.

Just get Baines done and I'll be happy.

And keep Nani happy, although he's contracted til 2014, so I wouldn't get too worked up over a new one just yet, call me naive.

Meier

You can't honestly keep him around after what happened last season. He needs to go.

I would love it if we kept him because he's clearly still world class, but I think he will still be sold due to last year's antics. It does seem that Kun and Zaba love playing with him though so who knows.

Salvadora

I would love it if we kept him because he's clearly still world class, but I think he will still be sold due to last year's antics. It does seem that Kun and Zaba love playing with him though so who knows.

Undoubtedly he's a phenomenal player, One who could really help win titles or trophies but I don't believe for a second if he stayed it would be the end of his antics.

dc89

Sorry, one more bit from the City website. This is kind of a neat graph that was put together via some technology from IBM that shows the Twitter reactions on the final day. The scales are completely imbalanced to make it easier to line the two up I suppose but it doesn't paint the real picture in doing so.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/...urce/BLOGS_UPLOADED_IMAGES/PremierLeague6.png

I was hoping since dc said ESPN UK were showing the City friendly, it would be on the web here as well.. but no such luck.

Nice PR work!

Moura makes no real sense for Real or United. Feels like a FM buy, when you're bored and want to see how many 3-stars you can get on the bench.

They have Ozil, who's only in his early 20s. Modric coming in. A crazy amount of talent on the bench.

United are well-stocked on the wings. We just bought Kagawa. Rooney's done a fairly decent job as a number ten. And we're crying out for some reinforcement in the middle of the park. But, hey, we were in for Hazard, too.

I'd rather we got Eriksen, actually. At least you could see him having the versatility to play as a deeper-lying midfielder. He wouldn't cost over 30m. And it'd be the perfect gift for muppet Rene.

AM is Fergie's new obsession. It's only a matter of time before he starts obsessing over CMs. Won't happen for another 2 years though.

;_;

Wilbur

Banned
Some dickhead couple in the pub next to me are saying the FA are being racist to John Terry for doing their own work. Fucking morons

jtb

Banned
Undoubtedly he's a phenomenal player, One who could really help win titles or trophies but I don't believe for a second if he stayed it would be the end of his antics.

plus it makes too much sense. Carlos Tevez is an absolutely brilliant player, especially when the attack revolves around him. He'd be the perfect like for like replacement for Ibra, especially given his slightly deeper role at Milan; it'll probably come down to money though, and I'd imagine he'd have to take a wage cut to go to Milan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Verratti to PSG is basically done. Pescara have recieved all the necessary documentation. Good luck, Marco!

Welcome, Asamoah!
C_3_Media_1522514_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

Good luck my Madonna. He's in safe hands with Carlo.
..I think?

Asamooaaah. You Ghanaian warrior you <3 My fav. signing so far, I'm getting vibes of Vidal from him.

And I hear Udinese are asking for 9-10m for Armero?
..Okay?

Bumhead

Banned
Moura makes no real sense for Real or United. Feels like a FM buy, when you're bored and want to see how many 3-stars you can get on the bench.

I think it'll be interesting to see whether Moura is actually a good player or not, or whether he just looks alright on Youtube because he's got some REYT MAD SKILLZ AN DAT.

Only footage I've seen of him made him look like a right selfish twat.

Meier

3-star?! Pshaw, he's a solid 4 and was a 4.5 at times for me in FM 11. ;) I am waiting to see if Gremio's Leandro pans out -- he is another wonderkid in FM but there hasn't been much if any noise about him yet in real life. Romario (Vitoria) and Luis Guilherme (Botafogo) are the other two that I'm keeping an eye out for. I signed Guilherme at Porto and he was my keeper and captain for about 10 years before I sold him to Real at age 30 for $50m.

dc89

I spent a while there watching City's Youtube Channel's videos and mark me impressed. Wish we had the same with Arsenal.

I urge everyone to do what this guy has done.

---

Team to play first half tonight is pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Kompany, Rekik, Biton, Yaya, Lopes, Johnson, Tevez, Scapuzzi

Lopes is the 16 year old Assassin.

Labadal

Reading rumours that Aquilani's agent has said that he'll stay at Liverpool. If true:

--------------Reina-------------

Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique

---------Lucas-Gerrard---------

Borini------Aquilani------Suarez

-------------Carroll--------------

Looks like a decent starting XI if they can mesh well and stay injury free.

rififi

I guess I will just have to accept the fact that Madrid spent way too much money on a single player that isn't necessary . . . again. Hopefully Modric doesn't take playing time away from Sahin.
And Madrid are linked with a young Brazilian every summer, and they always stay in Brazil thus far.

Sandro Rosell is also exhibiting the class we expect from him saying the circumstances in which Madrid won the league is very strange, questioning the legitimacy of Madrid's title.

Looks like we've finally managed to bring in another striker;

"West Ham have told ESPN that they expect to sign Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga for €7 million early next week.

Maiga, 24, is the latest in a succession of strikers linked with West Ham, with the club even looking at a loan for Andy Carroll, but it now appears that they have set their sights firmly on the Mali forward.

The Sochaux striker came close to joining Newcastle last December before a reported failed medical saw the Magpies turn their attention to Papiss Demba Cisse, while Stoke and Reading have been on his trail in recent times."

Hopefully this goes well for us, other than Carlton, our other forwards, Vaz Te, Maynard & Baldock are all largely untested at Premiership level, and we need to concentrate on strengthening our defence. A new centre back and right back, namely.

kharma45

We could then play a crazy team like this :p

ibeoXB1uMXYydI.png

If we did hypothetically sign him and he adapted well to life in England he could a very promising future, and he could be the sort of player that maybe SAF feels he has to buy, that could be a world class player and if he has the chance just go for it and sign him and not miss out on the next big star.

3-star?! Pshaw, he's a solid 4 and was a 4.5 at times for me in FM 11. ;) I am waiting to see if Gremio's Leandro pans out -- he is another wonderkid in FM but there hasn't been much if any noise about him yet in real life. Romario (Vitoria) and Luis Guilherme (Botafogo) are the other two that I'm keeping an eye out for. I signed Guilherme at Porto and he was my keeper and captain for about 10 years before I sold him to Real at age 30 for $50m.

I like to buy bargains, focus on tactics and wait 'till my scouts spot the regens. And there's so many ye olde FM wonderkids who never reached their in-game highs. Remember Valeri Bojinov?

Lorenzo Crisetig is my favourite FM12 purchase though. Free to 25m value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom