• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oh dear Michael:
michael owen @themichaelowen

Delivery just arrived. Nicely stocked for the new season - just need a team now!!! pic.twitter.com/hWatTcLf
AxwVnLNCQAE3FDH.jpg

Will anybody sign you up?

Moobabe

Fans will always turn on someone who isn't good looking or has a flashy play style. Especially fans of "glamour" teams like Chelsea.

Behave - Ramires is a nailed on starter for us. Schurrle looks good, but I only saw him at the Euros - how good is this kid? 25m good?

GorillaJu

Behave - Ramires is a nailed on starter for us. Schurrle looks good, but I only saw him at the Euros - how good is this kid? 25m good?

What does price matter? Chelsea has nothing to lose in buying him.

He wouldn't cost 25 for a non-billionaire-bankrolled team. But BL have no pressing reason to sell as he is performing well and has lots of potential, so for Chelsea, 25m sounds about right.

bjaelke

It is rather annoying how fans will get all hyped up over potential new signings whom they may never have seen play and will start putting them all in hypothetical starting 11's at the expense of established players.

Happens every transfer window and not just on this board. Best part is those who try to justify their opinion by watching a 4 minute Youtube compilation. Pre-season games are starting now. Better just to watch the new signing(s) in those games (like the manager is doing) and then make an educated comment.

Moobabe

What does price matter? Chelsea has nothing to lose in buying him.

He wouldn't cost 25 for a non-billionaire-bankrolled team. But BL have no pressing reason to sell as he is performing well and has lots of potential, so for Chelsea, 25m sounds about right.

Price matters to me. Why would I want to see the club spend 25m on someone shit?

pappe

It's amazing how often people (even Chelsea fans) are so eager to kick Ramires out of the team even as he was one of Chelsea's best players last season.
.Anyway, it is likely that Sturridge will backup Torres for now though.

Oh fuck i completely forgot about him( I knew i was missing some1 couldnt remember him). He is my 2nd fav Chelsea player after Mata and a very very important player for them. My apologies.
So. I guess if they do buy another CM say Modric They will have to play Modric and Ramires in the center but that would be pretty suicidal considering their defence is weak and i doubt Ramires alone can provide cover for the back four.

GorillaJu

I hope Rodgers plays Spearing enough to get some gif material

Someone could make an awesome gif of all the times he points at a teammate to hide from a pass when he's completely open. That would be awesome.

Actually he's not that bad. He's a good third choice midfielder. He has good movement and harries defenders well. What he fails at is keeping composure in the final third and standing his ground when under pressure. Not sure how much he'll improve from here but we could do worse as a bench option, especially in cup games.

Price matters to me. Why would I want to see the club spend 25m on someone shit?

Because it wouldn't effect either you or the team you support.

fuenf

edit - another issue is how the payment would be structured. I think Porto want the fee (or a large majority of it) all at once and Chelsea wanted to spread it out over 3 years or something. Anyways, 25m for Schurrle seems like a done deal to me.

You know nothing about Leverkusen, do you? ;)

pappe

Fans will always turn on someone who isn't good looking or has a flashy play style. Especially fans of "glamour" teams like Chelsea.

Right. (BTW:I do know that pappe isn't a Chelsea fan)

It is rather annoying how fans will get all hyped up over potential new signings whom they may never have seen play and will start putting them all in hypothetical starting 11's at the expense of established players.

It's amazing how often people (even Chelsea fans) are so eager to kick Ramires out of the team even as he was one of Chelsea's best players last season.
.Anyway, it is likely that Sturridge will backup Torres for now though.

Geez sorry guys. It was completely unintentional. Ramires is a great player.

GorillaJu

I found Chuck to be formulaic and too familiar too enjoy. Same with Suits. TV shows require such a huge time investment to get into.

On the other hand I just saw The Science of Sleep for the first time last night and that movie was incredible.

Salvadora

I found Chuck to be formulaic and too familiar too enjoy. Same with Suits. TV shows require such a huge time investment to get into.

On the other hand I just saw The Science of Sleep for the first time last night and that movie was incredible.

This is where someone posts Meghan Markle gifs.

Copenhagens new manager not even having Grindheim in the squad for the first match of the season, is there hope that he's on his way out? I have faith.

WJD

On a related note, me and the missus have been plowing through 24 recently and it's pretty good. We've watched 1-4 at the moment... Is there a significant drop in quality any time soon?

As far as ratings go I'd probably go 3>2>1>4, though 4 got pretty good towards the end.

Fady K

So I just found out my brother in law has lung cancer and he doesn't even smoke and drinks very little.

So sorry to hear that bro, I hope he recovers well and soon.

I'm sad. Knowing two of the best players in my team are gone is depressing.

:(

I know that feel bro. It would be horrible for AC Milan to give away BOTH. Completely stupid IMO. Sure, it'll give them a lot of money, but it'll take away a good dose of talent, especially from a defensive point of view. You never know, you may pick up excellent players in the long run that may prove just as good if not better. Ibra is replaceable IMO.

best summer ever

True, you guys are on a roll, and there's no signs of stopping just yet.

Oh for fucks sake! Just spilt a glass of Ribena down my top....fucking Blackcurrant!!!

JEFF! Welcome back bro :D! Love how your avatar is censored :p

And people called him a racist, and lambasted me for daring to wait till the verdict was passed.

I wonder if Terry will still be punished by the FA. I just hope that he stays away from trouble from now on, he's got the potential to be a bigger figure and I hope he proves it.

Great signing btw, on par with Shaqiri IMO.

In other positive Chelsea news "informal" talks are underway between Malouda and Santos - and Kalas has signed a contract extension. Really excited about the upcoming season now; we've finally got some young exciting talent in the group. No doubt I'll end up subbing to Chelsea TV to watch pre-season matches again...

This really is wonderful news and I hope the deal works. It would be best for all parties. Malouda will have too much competition at Chelsea now and I believe he won't impress much as he had a very poor season in 11/12 after being their top scorer in 10/11. I'll be renewing my subscription too, I look forward to seeing the new buys!

Late reply I know, I was out on it. Black naked frame Yamaha FZ6 S2.

Nice bike man :)

We beat Al Hilal 7 - 1. Just sayin' City :p

Al Hilal have PSG's former coach though - the guy they fired when PSG was FIRST lol. I watched them play yesterday and they were excellent. I bet they would impress as a Premier League team even btw.

Just found out my Grandad has prostate cancer.

Don't know wtf is going on anymore.

So sorry to hear this news bro, may he heal up and get better soon...

Maybe I'm late, but is this real?

MUTD12away.jpg

Looks fucking class as much as I hate to say it.

I like it too, though it feels like a natural thing for Commander Shepherd to wear.

Me too, though I'm very happy he left when he did, he is now immortalized as a Chelsea legend.

dc89

That takes the piss but Mancini doesn't want him near the team at any cost, at ANY cost.

And don't say City's owners don't have business acumen. Sheikh Mansour made a reported £2.25bn profit from his dealings with Barclays.

---

"Gill is on holiday, Fergie in Manchester, Watkins has retired. So who's in this famous nited posse camped out in Brazil? #itsallbsfolks"
@unitedrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom