• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

That takes the piss but Mancini doesn't want him near the team at any cost, at ANY cost.

And don't say City's owners don't have business acumen. Sheikh Mansour made a reported £2.25bn profit from his dealings with Barclays.

Agreed, nothing lolworthy about it. It's obvious how little City wanted him, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they gave him away for free if they had little choice.

dc89

Agreed, nothing lolworthy about it. It's obvious how little City wanted him, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they gave him away for free if they had little choice.

Yes. Like they did Bellamy, Mancini deemed him poison and wanted him away from the squad and the higher up's decided that was more important than the money we could generate from a transfer.

But to be honest, when you add it all up finishing as Champions and having a debut season in the CL will bolster the finances.

GorillaJu

Look who's back <3

44a88c53-a76b-49ab-9eb9-4d1ee4819f6e.jpg

Young fan asks &#8234;Juventus&#8236; president Andrea Agnelli to sign his diary. Agnelli flicks through the pages & signs under the date 5 May
quRVp.gif
quRVp.gif
quRVp.gif

e41483b6-dbd9-4168-afd5-340ee3951d48.jpg

Haha this is awesome. Italian owners are the best.

I found Chuck to be formulaic and too familiar too enjoy. Same with Suits. TV shows require such a huge time investment to get into.

On the other hand I just saw The Science of Sleep for the first time last night and that movie was incredible.
Youre missing out.

Mansour made a profit out of Barclays? Well shit, guess he must have been part of the cover-up too.

dc89

Look who's back <3

Young fan asks &#8234;Juventus&#8236; president Andrea Agnelli to sign his diary. Agnelli flicks through the pages & signs under the date 5 may

When my brother went to a Ferrari show/exhibition the past weekend he saw a particular car there which was bought from the Agnelli family!

I posted a pic of it pages and pages back, did you see it?

choodi

Banned
Oh dear Michael:

michael owen @themichaelowen

Delivery just arrived. Nicely stocked for the new season - just need a team now!!! pic.twitter.com/hWatTcLf

AxwVnLNCQAE3FDH.jpg

Will anybody sign you up?

Wow, he just cant help but embarrass himself notes can he. Fucking money-grubbing cocknose.

Lol, and they only gave him 3 pairs. Should be enough for the 5 training sessions and 3 games that any club stupid enough to sign him can expect out of him.

Lukaku and De Bruyne to be sent on loan to Werder Bremen according to Express. Both must be pretty happy, better than going on loan in the Belgian or Dutch leagues. There's no room on the wings for De Bruyne at the moment anyway.

Chelsea will probably sign a striker though, can't just rely on Torres with Sturridge as a backup, especially since the latter one is meant to leave. Even Torres with just Lukaku/Sturridge as backups would be pretty weak.

pappe

Lukaku and De Bruyne to be sent on loan to Werder Bremen according to Express. Both must be pretty happy, better than going on loan in the Belgian or Dutch leagues. There's no room on the wings for De Bruyne at the moment anyway.

Chelsea will probably sign a striker though, can't just rely on Torres with Sturridge as a backup, especially since the latter one is meant to leave. Even Torres with just Lukaku/Sturridge as backups would be pretty weak.

Falcao for 70 million on the last day of the transfer window

Definitely. I would've kept Drogba on for another season or two, if faith is to be placed on Torres to resurrect his lethality, and Lukaku and Sturridge to establish themselves. They'll probably splash the cash before the summer ends, I'm sure.

Seems weird considering Werder said they were denied loaning Lukaku earlier (because of the home grown rule).

Definitely. I would've kept Drogba on for another season or two

I would not. Legendary player and legendary way to go out, after an overall very mediocre season for him. It was time for him to move on, doubt he would want to sit on the bench either.

deroli

<pics>
just a normal day in hamburg

The whole club is such a mess. Every few weeks, there is a big fuss about something in hamburg. Right now, it's not only the brawl but also the discussion about van der Vaart, which was initiated by Kühne, an entrepreneur who invested in several players for the club. Then, you have club-legend Uwe Seeler who is constantly bitching in public, "intensive" general meetings with the club members, the everlasting search for a sports manager 1 year ago and so on.... Furthermore, their ambitions are way beyond the club's current capability.

By the way, I'm just listening to the highlights of last season's BVB netradio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlqt4OahDCE
Such sweet memories... the big victories against Schalke and Bayern, Kuba missing the empty goal, Da Silvas late equalizer against hoffenheim :') I can't wait for the new season!

GorillaJu

I can see why Chuck is formulaic but Suits definitely isn't, at least not yet.

Main character gets assignment introducing gimmicky and poorly acted extra character. Main character is being "tested" by mentor. Main character has a run in with crotchety lawyer with lisp. Does something stupid that ultimately proves rewarding. Relies on hot girl - scenes of her helping him followed by deus ex machina that helps him win his case. Gets closer to hot girl but no sex. Has run in with addict friend. Addict friend will come clean but he's an addict so he wont.

There's every episode of Suits that I've seen.

Clegg

If United really have 30m to spend on Moura then why don't we spend it on an area where we actually need strengthening?

K1LLER7

United linked with Eriksen too, £17m. Would be a better buy IMO. Though expect none of these moves to actually happen

Glad to see Vidic back in training and Kagawa and Powell were there too.

Salvadora

Main character gets assignment introducing gimmicky and poorly acted extra character. Main character is being "tested" by mentor. Main character has a run in with crotchety lawyer with lisp. Does something stupid that ultimately proves rewarding. Relies on hot girl - scenes of her helping him followed by deus ex machina that helps him win his case. Gets closer to hot girl but no sex. Has run in with addict friend. Addict friend will come clean but he's an addict so he wont.

The good news is that the addict friend if gone, hopefully for good. As is the stupid love triangle.

Salazar

If United really have 30m to spend on Moura then why don't we spend it on an area where we actually need strengthening?

United linked with Eriksen too, £17m. Would be a better buy IMO. Though expect none of these moves to actually happen

BKM2N.gif

Live a little. Lighten up. Even a sizeable number of Liverpool fans have tricked themselves into believing that all they need on top of last season's squad is "someone to put the finishing touch on".

I would have hoped that Baines was close to sealed, not still at the stage where we put in a joke bid and Everton squeal about their dignity.

Keep watching.

Chippy superfan knobhead.

To be fair, the super-delegation to Brazil is certain tabloid farce. But Moura is in England for the Olympics, no? Not like United couldn't send the transfer offer and negotiate without jet-setting hijinks.

Fergie's always had a weakness for attacking midfielders with flair, ripe for development. The bids for Sanchez and Hazard bear that out. But I agree. The need for midfield reinforcement is pretty clear.

In more sensible news, these reports of Baines for 10m would actually be decent value for a rotation fullback.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
In more sensible news, these reports of Baines for 10m would actually be decent value for a backup fullback.

Surely Evra would be the backup if Baines signed? You'd have to be touched in the head to keep playing Evra after his last two seasons.

Salazar

Surely Evra would be the backup if Baines signed? You'd have to be touched in the head to keep playing Evra after his last two seasons.

Little thing called blind faith.

And maybe Vida will be able to shout Pat into some state of mild positional awareness.

Call me mental. I'd rotate them. Evra on form is, or at least was, the better fullback. If the competition and rest doesn't get him back to it, then it would be clear that he's past his peak and I'd start Baines in the big games. I'd be tempted to anyway, I admit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fair enough, you've seen the bloke play a lot more than I have. I think he's become another Bosingwa but I suppose he's earned one last chance.

D_prOdigy

Some Sky Sports dood on Twitter "was told" Everton want Macheda on loan as part of any Baines deal, but United want to sell him. Would be lol.

Well, Rio certainly doesn't know when he should just shut up and put his phone away. Tweeting about Ashley Cole this afternoon and loosely referred to him as a "Choc ice" after one of his followed suggested it.

Moronic and cheap.

He said he was being sarcastic though so it's all good. The faux outrage from Chelsea fans on there after yesterday's verdict is just incredible, sometimes football fans really are the worst.

Fady K

Yes. Like they did Bellamy, Mancini deemed him poison and wanted him away from the squad and the higher up's decided that was more important than the money we could generate from a transfer.

But to be honest, when you add it all up finishing as Champions and having a debut season in the CL will bolster the finances.

Definitely. I think Mancini is doing a pretty good job with maintaining his squad, despite him going back on his word and playing Tevez and forgiving Balotelli easily. I actually like that he did both. In the end, those two players contributed to their first PL title greatly. Happy for his new contract.

Messi

So if you had to pick 5 games you are excited for this year what are they? Mine are

1. Hitman: Absolution
2. Assassins Creed 3
3. Borderlands 2
4. Fifa 13*
5. Halo 4

*I get stupidily excited for fifa every year, just for new kits and transfers. Also new faces. This year I am incredibly hyped because my biggest pet peeve about fifa has been fixed. Barcelonas remaining first team players got head scans, most notably they were missing Busquets and Pedro. But they also did Alexis, messi again and Alba and Thiago. The list of confirmed new faces is kind of awesome:

http://www.3djuegos.com/foros/tema/13687182/0/post-oficial-de-nuevas-faces-fifa-13/

Falcao and Soldado look awesome. Also thank fuck they finally gave valencia a new real face. I like that they scanned liverpool and napoli (CAVANNNNNNNI)

I know this is the definition of first world problems but having this stuff done increases my enjoyment of the game. Nothing takes me out of the game quicker than seeing a generic face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom