• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
EuXBVl.jpg

MPW

So if you had to pick 5 games you are excited for this year what are they? Mine are

1. Hitman: Absolution
2. Assassins Creed 3
3. Borderlands 2
4. Fifa 13*
5. Halo 4

*I get stupidily excited for fifa every year, just for new kits and transfers. Also new faces. This year I am incredibly hyped because my biggest pet peeve about fifa has been fixed. Barcelonas remaining first team players got head scans, most notably they were missing Busquets and Pedro. But they also did Alexis, messi again and Alba and Thiago. The list of confirmed new faces is kind of awesome:

http://www.3djuegos.com/foros/tema/13687182/0/post-oficial-de-nuevas-faces-fifa-13/

Falcao and Soldado look awesome. Also thank fuck they finally gave valencia a new real face. I like that they scanned liverpool and napoli (CAVANNNNNNNI)

I know this is the definition of first world problems but having this stuff done increases my enjoyment of the game. Nothing takes me out of the game quicker than seeing a generic face.

don't have a top 5 but top 3

WWE 13 (attitude era wrestlers and story lines? hell yeah!)
Assassins Creed 3
PES 2013

rififi

So if you had to pick 5 games you are excited for this year what are they?

5 games? who has time to play 5 new games this year? I envy you.

For me, I think the one game that I might consider picking up this year is Dishonored. But I doubt I will have time to play it (or even if I should - since it would be too big of a distraction).

Fry

Looks like Fifa 13 will be the best to date. And thank fuck they are taking better care of the players faces.

FIFA
AC3
RE6
H:A

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So if you had to pick 5 games you are excited for this year what are they?

Pikmin 3
FIFA 13 (as long as they give Assou-Ekotto his glorious face/afro)
Paper Mario
Luigi's Mansion 2
Zombi U

5 games? who has time to play 5 new games this year? I envy you.

I do. Just no motivation at all, barely anything can get my attention, especially with the last of us and sim city 5 being 2013 titles. There's a new fifa and new football manager that will be played and probably liked a lot, the endless stream of boring sequels (seriously take a break with ass creed already and RE6 looks so terrible) can fuck off.

Edit : Well guess I am kind of excited for Hitman. The stealthy playthroughs of the missions has been awesome but still don't like that they have put batvision and splinter cells mark and shoot in it, yes you can play without it, but the game is no doubt built with those features in mind.

qindarka

Banned
Well, Rio certainly doesn't know when he should just shut up and put his phone away. Tweeting about Ashley Cole this afternoon and loosely referred to him as a "Choc ice" after one of his followed suggested it.

Moronic and cheap.

He said he was being sarcastic though so it's all good. The faux outrage from Chelsea fans on there after yesterday's verdict is just incredible, sometimes football fans really are the worst.

How is it any different from the faux outrage from fans of other clubs after the verdict yesterday?

Rumours of Ganso to Arsenal going round - apparently Arsenal have made an enquiry and spoken to his lawyers about a potential transfer.

Personally I dont see it, as much as I would like for it to happen, as soon as Chelsea and Man City get a sniff of it, they will probably go in and then there is no contest.

qindarka

Banned
How is it any different from the faux outrage from fans of other clubs after the verdict yesterday?

I am willing to accept that it is faux outrage from all parties, Chelsea fans included. In the end, few of us (football fans) genuinely care about racism, we just use it in an attempt to fuel our own agendas.

Edit: And I wanted to edit initially but accidentally quoted my own post instead. Sorry about that.

sohois

5 games? I don't think I could pick one game i'm interested in or that I would purchase 'day 1'. I would probably eventually get round to AC3, PES 2013 and maybe FM13, but that's all.

jtb

Banned
Rumours of Ganso to Arsenal going round - apparently Arsenal have made an enquiry and spoken to his lawyers about a potential transfer.

Personally I dont see it, as much as I would like for it to happen, as soon as Chelsea and Man City get a sniff of it, they will probably go in and then there is no contest.

I don't want him. He's slow, injury prone, and coming off an abysmal season in Brazil. He is leaving Santos for sure though, but I heard he was a replacement for Oscar. Problem is that you'd have to build the whole team around him, as an immobile number 10 (like with Riquelme), and even then, you're betting on him being able to adapt to the faster pace of the premiership and who knows if he'd be effective at all in situations where teams pressure the ball high up the pitch and limit his space.

Would be a signing based off the hype alone, imo, and even then, the hype seems to all be on Oscar now.

Saying anything but that would be extremely dumb and a shitty signal to send to not just the club but also the fans.
Correct Wooden. Also, there's this shitty assumption so many people who know nothing about the players personally or their reasoning for doing what they do make.

Drogba already has all the money he could ever want. And given that he's incredibly invested in charity, building hospitals in his homeland should suggest he's not driven by money. And to assume otherwise just comes across as usual opposition fan tripe.

I am willing to accept that it is faux outrage from all parties, Chelsea fans included. In the end, few of us (football fans) genuinely care about racism, we just use it in an attempt to fuel our own agendas.

Edit: And I wanted to edit initially but accidentally quoted my own post instead. Sorry about that.
Exactly.

bjaelke

Man Utd Facebook ‏@MUFC_Facebook
wazza and shinji is like ross nd rachel from "FRIENDS" a great partnership.fagie knows this

This account is golden at times
KuGsj.gif

Labadal

I am interested in an insane amount of new games coming out this year. Bolded are day one buys.

Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
The Banner Saga
Borderlands 2
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Illusion
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Darksiders II
Deadlight
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Devil Survivor 2
Dishonored
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Final Fantasy: Dimensions
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Mark of the Ninja[/B]
Of Orcs and Men
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Papo & Yo
Persona 4: The Golden
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Sleeping Dogs
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Sound Snapes
Torchlight II

2013 isn't looking any better for my wallet or my backlog.

Oh had missed Hazard had officially gotten #17 two days ago. So much for all the laughs on here about him (according to shitty English papers) demanding shirt number 10.

pappe

Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Fifa13
Dishonoured
Assassins Creed 3

I will probably only buy Fifa13 and spend all my free time playing it.

I don't really play video games anymore, but I am hyped for Halo 4. I used to play Halo multiplayer a lot from CE-3, but stopped during Reach.

Arsenal wouldn't be willing to offer what Santos want for Ganso.

Yea, probably. But you never know, he is being valued at approx £22m. Seeing as Arsenal were willing to spend £30m on Goetze and are going to be spending £17mish on M'Vila, 22 isnt so bad especially is RVP does leave

But then again this is Arsenal, they will put in a bid of £10m and when they get rejected say they feel the current squad they have can win the World Cup.

It's highly ironic because the line from Terry-backers had been that he shouldn't be judged until his trail had been completed. Fair enough really, just ironic that less than 24 hours later they couldn't remember that principle they so steadfastly stood for.

All fans have moments like this, correct, I am just talking about this one. Although I do think it is somewhat different to most cases of football fans following their own blindly, simply because it's a case of racism which doesn't come about too often.

And I don't accept or perhaps I don't want to accept that fans use racism to further their own agendas. Some people do, sure, but I don't think it's the done thing by and large, even amongst football fans whom we know can be tribal. Racism is sickening and enough football fans know and appreciate that to use it as a pawn. Some of the abuse both Ferdinand brothers have received during this episode is nothing short of vile and cant just be passed away as football fans furthering some kind of agenda. That is why I am so disappointed that Rio has been been making jokes about the trial all week, quite badly too.

I did however love that he used the "sarcasm" defence in response to the people who are now outraged about choc ice reference. That was sharp. Makes you realise just how absurd Terry's defence was and worse, those who are championing and celebrating his acquittal. With that said it has to be accepted because that is the law and Rio would do well to go along with that. He is making himself look like an idiot (or more of an idiot than usual, some might say!).

Yea, probably. But you never know, he is being valued at approx £22m. Seeing as Arsenal were willing to spend £30m on Goetze and are going to be spending £17mish on M'Vila, 22 isnt so bad especially is RVP does leave

But then again this is Arsenal, they will put in a bid of £10m and when they get rejected say they feel the current squad they have can win the World Cup.
So when is this M'Vila deal actually going through? A lot of people are very sure about it, just would have expected it to have been completed by now. What's the hold up?

I don't want him. He's slow, injury prone, and coming off an abysmal season in Brazil. He is leaving Santos for sure though, but I heard he was a replacement for Oscar. Problem is that you'd have to build the whole team around him, as an immobile number 10 (like with Riquelme), and even then, you're betting on him being able to adapt to the faster pace of the premiership and who knows if he'd be effective at all in situations where teams pressure the ball high up the pitch and limit his space.

Would be a signing based off the hype alone, imo, and even then, the hype seems to all be on Oscar now.

Injury prone but still a class talent. But I still think Belhanda at £22m is a better buy or even Afellay at £6m even if they are different players. Anyways doubt we will get Ganso anyway, based on hype the richer clubs are more likely.

Clegg

Goetze was coming off the back of a brilliant season with Dortmund. And Arsenal also had money to spend after selling both Fabregas and Nasri. But a lot of that money has been spent on new players and more will be spent if they get M'Vila in.

And I'm not sure if Ganso is entirely deserving of the £20M+ fee that Santos would want. By all accouts he's had a very poor season at Santos.

bjaelke

Rumor has it that we're trying to offload Downing. Both sale and loan being mentioned. Anyone interested in a self-proclaimed winger?

Edit: Saw it on Twitter, so it's obviously legit.

gurasa

So if you had to pick 5 games you are excited for this year what are they? Mine are

1. Hitman: Absolution
2. Assassins Creed 3
3. Borderlands 2
4. Fifa 13*
5. Halo 4

*I get stupidily excited for fifa every year, just for new kits and transfers. Also new faces. This year I am incredibly hyped because my biggest pet peeve about fifa has been fixed. Barcelonas remaining first team players got head scans, most notably they were missing Busquets and Pedro. But they also did Alexis, messi again and Alba and Thiago. The list of confirmed new faces is kind of awesome:

http://www.3djuegos.com/foros/tema/13687182/0/post-oficial-de-nuevas-faces-fifa-13/

Falcao and Soldado look awesome. Also thank fuck they finally gave valencia a new real face. I like that they scanned liverpool and napoli (CAVANNNNNNNI)

I know this is the definition of first world problems but having this stuff done increases my enjoyment of the game. Nothing takes me out of the game quicker than seeing a generic face.
That's totally understandable and I agree with it. Here's a gift for you (new screen with new kit/boots):

0w5X0.jpg

Can't wait for the demo and the full game.

edit: hahaha nice avatar, Yurt.

jtb

Banned
Injury prone but still a class talent. But I still think Belhanda at £22m is a better buy or even Afellay at £6m even if they are different players. Anyways doubt we will get Ganso anyway, based on hype the richer clubs are more likely.

Totally agree. Belhanda would be great, and I doubt he'd cost 22m... probably a clause in his contract, like with Giroud. anyways, need a confirmation on the M'Vila deal before I can get my hopes up, wasn't this deal "done" back in May? hope Wenger didn't pull the plug because of his national team antics!

TeegsD

my 5 games for this year:

1. Luigi's Mansion 2
2. Dishonored
3. ZombiU
4. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
5. Pokemon Black 2

As long as I get these, I'll be content. Pikmin 3, Animal Crossing: 3DS, FIFA 13, Halo 4, Paper Mario 3DS round out my top 10.

dc89

o_OOOOOOOOOO

Whats behind this?!

Dzeko didn't feature at all last night in the City game.

---

1. Halo 4.
2. Hitman.
3. Fifa 13
4. Luigi's Mansion 3DS.
5. Professor Layton 3DS.

Really looking forward to Animal Crossing 3DS too, but I think that's next year now.

If you Chelsea fans get any more defensive, people will start mistaking you for Liverpool supporters.

Meh, we are not quite crazy yet. But I did say how dumb that article was (several times) back then and I was waiting for another number to be announced, so many people on here ate it raw and were busy laughing their ass off calling him a stupid arrogant kid and what not, all while nothing even suggested him demanding the shirt number other than the headline of some trash press. But it was no doubt more bearable to have missed out on him with the shitty picture the media were painting of him.

Slizz

Ganso Ganso Ganso.

I'd love to him to come to the PL. Forget Lucas, United should go after Ganso, most likely a cheaper buy than Lucas.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Randers is bad. WoodenLung is their squad composed of guys that should be playing in the 2nd division? I know they were promoted this year so they probably have a weak squad. I'm watching because there are two Yanks involved in the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom