• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Guys, I've ripped the inside seam of my pants, right at the groin. The rip is about 4 inches long going down the inside of my leg, I'm at work for another 90 minutes.

Wut do?

Vidgames, eh? Still need to get Diablo 3. Otherwise, it's just Dishonored, Pikmin 3 and Paper Mario 3DS that has me excited. Of course, I'll take my yearly dose of FM and FIFA. But next year seems more interesting.

bjaelke

Randers is bad. WoodenLung is there squad composed of guys that should be playing in the 2nd division? I know they were promoted this year so they probably have a weak squad. I'm watching because there are two Yanks involved in the match.

You couldn't have picked a worse game to watch. They'll struggle to avoid relegation this season. I turned off after 20 minutes when the game was over.

WJD

Guys, I've ripped the inside seam of my pants, right at the groin. The rip is about 4 inches long going down the inside of my leg, I'm at work for another 90 minutes.

Wut do?

Masturbate through your now conveniently placed hole.

Randers is bad. WoodenLung is there squad composed of guys that should be playing in the 2nd division? I know they were promoted this year so they probably have a weak squad. I'm watching because there are two Yanks involved in the match.

Haha yeah they are pretty bad, I am not even watching, they also fired their manager 1 week before the league started and replaced him with Colin Todd. :lol

But yeah, Charlie Davies sounds like an exciting signing for them.

Az

Wut do?

4 inches you say? 2 less and you can fill it in with you penis...

;)

bjaelke

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule
Ajax and Man Utd are NOT in talks over Christian Eriksen. His club and agent have rubbished reports (originating from an unreliable source).
I just have it on while I'm playing Terraria so I don't mind if it is a poor match.

Fair enough. They have a fairly ineffective team and I can see that they're currently receiving a beating.

Korez

552745_396929090366012_593235499_n.jpg

o_O

Carbonox

Clearer picture of the new Newcastle home shirt. I'm growing on it now because of white being the primary colour now, as opposed to black on last season's one. Think I'll get Cisse on this one.

nufcfans_newcastle_united_puma_home_kit.jpg

Seedorf showing he's an experienced vet in more ways than one!

If you Chelsea fans get any more defensive, people will start mistaking you for Liverpool supporters.
Thing is, fans shouldn't need to be so defensive. It's one of the most boring aspect of football.

Like Wooden was talking about. Hazard signs, and like most signings nobody other than the player and the club really know what's going on. So when you have some fabricated story about Hazard demanding the #10, and a bunch of people who for the most part aren't morons on here laughing about it, it really makes you wonder. The folks laughing know as well as the Chelsea fans that this story isn't true, yet they choose to "believe" it and laugh because it's something to do. It's an excuse (which is all people need, valid or no) to whine about a team they don't like.

There is so much pantomime that goes with football and it's the worst thing about it, and so many fans give in to it and talk shite for shite talking sake. I just think these individuals would be better off watching soap operas.

So it has nothing to do with being a defensive Chelsea fan as such. It just bothers me personally because I now I don't go, "LOL 'insert player name here' is involved in 'insert spurious story here' and 'insert team here' are willing to pander to him because he's a big name". Because I don't feel the need to just run with stories I know aren't true because it gives me an excuse to harp on about a team I don't like. So I'm baffled as to why others do.

That's about it really.

WJD

It's the yearly schedule. I think they get a lot done given the tight schedule

True, but that stuff they're getting done is largely the useless bollocks like getting Torres' hair right and making sure Rooney has the right boots.

Mastadon

Banned
Thing is, fans shouldn't need to be so defensive. It's one of the most boring aspect of football.

Like Wooden was talking about. Hazard signs, and like most signings nobody other than the player and the club really know what's going on. So when you have some fabricated story about Hazard demanding the #10, and a bunch of people who for the most part aren't morons on here laughing about it, it really makes you wonder. The folks laughing know as well as the Chelsea fans that this story isn't true, yet they choose to "believe" it and laugh because it's something to do. It's an excuse (which is all people need, valid or no) to whine about a team they don't like.

There is so much pantomime that goes with football and it's the worst thing about it, and so many fans give in to it and talk shite for shite talking sake. I just think these individuals would be better off watching soap operas.

So it has nothing to do with being a defensive Chelsea fan as such. It just bothers me personally because I now I don't go, "LOL 'insert player name here' is involved in 'insert spurious story here' and 'insert team here' are willing to pander to him because he's a big name". Because I don't feel the need to just run with stories I know aren't true because it gives me an excuse to harp on about a team I don't like. So I'm baffled as to why others do.

That's about it really.

If we didn't pay attention to scurrilous media reports during the transfer window, what the fuck would we talk about? It's all part of the fun!

Linius

So if you had to pick 5 games you are excited for this year what are they? Mine are

1. Hitman: Absolution
2. Assassins Creed 3
3. Borderlands 2
4. Fifa 13*
5. Halo 4
I'm down with numbers 2, 4 and 5. Would like to add Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario for my 3DS though. And a little CoD for MP fun.

So when is this M'Vila deal actually going through? A lot of people are very sure about it, just would have expected it to have been completed by now. What's the hold up?

Totally agree. Belhanda would be great, and I doubt he'd cost 22m... probably a clause in his contract, like with Giroud. anyways, need a confirmation on the M'Vila deal before I can get my hopes up, wasn't this deal "done" back in May? hope Wenger didn't pull the plug because of his national team antics!

Not sure when exactly it is going through or what the hold up is but like I said a few weeks back, the transfer fee and the players terms have both been agreed. I know nothing is done until the paper is signed and its on Arsenal.com and it could still fall through, but I am pretty confident he will be an Arsenal player next season.

Regarding Belhanda, Arsenal made an official enquiry for him but Montepellier are ready to offer him a new 4 year contract or ready to sell to Arsenal but only for £22m..

If we didn't pay attention to scurrilous media reports during the transfer window, what the fuck would we talk about? It's all part of the fun!
Personally I don't find it fun. I find quite sad that a bunch of people talk shit about something they know not to be true. But even at that, it would be half way tolerable it were only during the transfer window, but it's not. It surrounds football all year round. I find it even more boring when the nonsense spills over in to the players and managers personal lives. Only to have a bunch of people who know nothing of these players personalities or lives make judgements on them and act like they know what makes them tick, based on some over the top, mud slinging articles produced by the always morally sound rags.

At that there's plenty to talk about. Players and managers who have actually moved clubs, new team set ups etc.

Clegg

Don't know if its been mentioned, but Portsmouth are in financial trouble again. They've been docked 10 points for the start of the League 1 season, they don't have enough senior players to compose a squad, and most of those guys are up for sale too.

gurasa

True, but that stuff they're getting done is largely the useless bollocks like getting Torres' hair right and making sure Rooney has the right boots.
all the major 5 improvements this year are 100% gameplay-related. I hope they nail them right, which is what they're accomplishing judging by the hands-on previews so far.

K1LLER7

Haven't seen much of T.Silva. For me Kompany is probably the best CB. He was brilliant last season. Like Vidic is usually for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom