• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

WhUQ1.jpg

That car was on display at Boughton House last weekend as part of a Ferrari owners club.

Used to be owned by Gianni Agnelli. His Wiki page says his 6am phone calls with Juventus' presidents were legendary.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
man the bbc series of Sherlock Holmes is brilliant. Only watched the first 3 'episodes' but shit was so good and the cliffhanger, oh gawd I'm craving for more.

"Shut up"

"I didn't say anything!"

"You are thinking. That's annoying."

<3

dc89

Billy Sharp's story with Banned Newspaper is heart wrenching. He recalls losing his little boy at 2 days old, it's hard to read.

rodvik

So if you had to pick 5 games you are excited for this year what are they? Mine are

1. Hitman: Absolution
2. Assassins Creed 3
3. Borderlands 2
4. Fifa 13*
5. Halo 4

*I get stupidily excited for fifa every year, just for new kits and transfers. Also new faces. This year I am incredibly hyped because my biggest pet peeve about fifa has been fixed. Barcelonas remaining first team players got head scans, most notably they were missing Busquets and Pedro. But they also did Alexis, messi again and Alba and Thiago. The list of confirmed new faces is kind of awesome:

http://www.3djuegos.com/foros/tema/13687182/0/post-oficial-de-nuevas-faces-fifa-13/

Falcao and Soldado look awesome. Also thank fuck they finally gave valencia a new real face. I like that they scanned liverpool and napoli (CAVANNNNNNNI)

I know this is the definition of first world problems but having this stuff done increases my enjoyment of the game. Nothing takes me out of the game quicker than seeing a generic face.

Hitman
Borderlands
Fifa
New COD
FM13?

This will be the first AC I skip. The press and focus on killing brits has turned me off.

Meier

man the bbc series of Sherlock Holmes is brilliant. Only watched the first 3 'episodes' but shit was so good and the cliffhanger, oh gawd I'm craving for more.

"Shut up"

"I didn't say anything!"

"You are thinking. That's annoying."

<3

Absolutely fantastic. I preferred the first series to the second, but the second is excellent as well. Bought my fiancee this for her birthday:

186483_28184192-caseiphone4_b.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tErlb.png

xXU4e.jpg

SMH Berlusconi. Thiago is being forced out the club according to his wife.

edit: hahaha nice avatar, Yurt.
http://i.imgur.com/WhUQ1.jpg[IMG]

That car was on display at Boughton House last weekend as part of a Ferrari owners club.

Used to be owned by Gianni Agnelli. His Wiki page says his 6am phone calls with Juventus' presidents were legendary.[/QUOTE]
L'Avvocato!! That's fucking amazing! [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7ZCxp.gif
7ZCxp.gif
7ZCxp.gif

Apparently Sakho said he will leave PSG if a new CB was signed. With Silva coming in that must mean he will now look to leave. Would be a great signing for a lot of clubs.

Apparently Sakho said he will leave PSG if a new CB was signed. With Silva coming in that must mean he will now look to leave. Would be a great signing for a lot of clubs.

He did, but:

Tom Williams &#8207;@tomwfootball
Thiago Silva a huge (and hugely expensive) coup for PSG. More bad news for Mamadou Sakho, who's also been told he can't leave.

The only club to have publicly declared an interest in Sakho is Lyon. Sakho says he wants to leave, Ancelotti says he's staying put.

He did, but:

Thiago Silva a huge (and hugely expensive) coup for PSG. More bad news for Mamadou Sakho, who's also been told he can't leave.

The only club to have publicly declared an interest in Sakho is Lyon. Sakho says he wants to leave, Ancelotti says he's staying put.
Oh.

Well, that sucks for him!

Milan is a wounded animal. There's no way that this sale, or Ibras, will mean the end of a legit challenge to the scudetto. There is still a lot of talent in the squad.

jtb

Banned

surely Sakho is better than Alex? or at least can compete with him for the second CB slot? It'd be great for Arsenal to snap him up quickly but it makes too much sense for it to actually happen.

Hieberrr

I just realized that we have 3-4 viable strikers instead of 1 this year. Last year, we had Gomez (and what, Olic?) by himself up there. But now, we have other options.. heck, 2 strikers on top looks like it may actually happen :O~

Feels good.

And all of this talk about Khedira. Truth be told, I haven't seen much of Khedira outside of the Euros and WC (so I haven't seen him during his time at Stuttgart and Madrid). But, pretty much everyone is looking better than Schweinsteiger right now. Schweini still looks completely shaken up mentally and physically, and I doubt he'll be fully ready for a "few" of the first match days.

Zabojnik

SMH Berlusconi. Thiago is being forced out the club according to his wife.

Speaking of Berlusconi and his empty promises, the call he made to announce that Kaka wasn't moving to Real is legendary. Crudelli. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sy-NSTgFjs

I will. In fact, I'm considering skipping Spider-man and Batman at the movies and go on a blu-ray shopping spree later in the fall, buying The Avengers, Prometheus, Spider-man and TDKR all at once. Zi overdose of awesome.

Milan is a wounded animal. There's no way that this sale, or Ibras, will mean the end of a legit challenge to the scudetto. There is still a lot of talent in the squad.

With more on the way. Never underestimate Galliani.

flippedb

Banned
Thiagooooo! Nooooo! :(

Our best defender is gone. Consequences will never be the same.

Apparently, Allegri said he wants Tevez before the Pre-Season tour starts. Let's see who Galliani signs.

Our training stuff looks nice but everything is so expensive. This is normally the sort of stuff you can pick up cheap, but £50 for those training tops with the weird collar... you can buy another shirt for that amount.

untitled4rjgl.png

Ugh, what a disgusting performance against Rubin today. Shockingly, everyone who sucked at Euro sucked again today. We need new signings because right now this squad is definitely not good enough to win the league.

flippedb

Banned
Am I the only person in the world who thinks Guardiola is a shit coach? He just got lucky to land in front of a great, great bunch of players. He was driving a ship on Auto-Pilot. Shit, I could've been Barça's coach and still get the titles!

When he had to prove his quality, against Milan, Chelsea, and Madrid this season, he couldn't do it. They won against Milan thanks to a few gifts from the ref, but they couldn't beat Madrid or Chelsea when they had to, and I blame Guardiola, he wasn't able to drive the team in a different way. There was no plan B.

I'd be bummed if he somehow ended coaching Milan.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Am I the only person in the world who thinks Guardiola is a shit coach? He just got lucky to land in front of a great, great bunch of players. He was driving a ship on Auto-Pilot. Shit, I could've been Barça's coach and still get the titles!

When he had to prove his quality, against Milan, Chelsea, and Madrid this season, he couldn't do it. They won against Milan thanks to a few gifts from the ref, but they couldn't beat Madrid or Chelsea when they had to, and I blame Guardiola, he wasn't able to drive the team in a different way. There was no plan B.

I'd be bummed if he somehow ended coaching Milan.

I don't think Guardiola is shit but I don't think we can say he's anything other than 'good' until he manages a different team in a different league. In fact his selections for the two games against Chelsea bordered on idiotic, starting kids instead of Pedro was utterly insane in a match of that magnitude. Barca have many weaknesses but they are mainly papered over by the football god that is Messi.

Clegg

Nah Guardiola is a great coach. He's been great in progressing the tika taka style that Barca have implemented. He's been lucky that Barca have had 3 of the best of their generation Messi, Xavi and Iniesta all playing at the same time. But I think that the team is only as good as the manager. Sam Allardyce could never have gotten Barca playing as well as Guardiola did.

He lost the plot a bit during this season. 3-4-3 was never going to work properly and his non selection of Pedro was baffling. But overall he's been a brilliant tactician and leader of this Barca team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom