• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1327768164548.png

Wait, you've never had Snickers that's been in the fridge?

flippedb

Banned
I've ate Chocolate bars that were stored in the fridge. Not only they get too cold (duh), but they also get too damn hard!

Chocolate is made to keep outside the fridge, don't play smart, do it as it's supposed to.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
One does not simply switch to a 3-4-3 after winning everything with a 4-3-3.

He took too many gambles last season and almost none of them paid off.

Edi: How can anyone take me seriously with this avatar?
KuGsj.gif

rodvik

Apparently my morals are questionable, in games I don't mind icing Brits or Americans. Assassins baby.

The British make great enemies.

This made me think how many Brits I have killed in videogames. Must be in the ten thousands because of Call of Duty.

lol :) I think what bugs me is it is departure from the rest f the series which is Assassins vs Templars with the nationalities and factions incidental. Every trailer from the new one has the nasty wasty redcoats.. It looks like the Mel Gibson version of history. I aint up for that.

Anyways no loss, looks like lots of good games coming out this year. PC looks rockin.

Clegg

I'll get AC III because AC is my favourite game franchise of this generation. But I'm not anticipating it as much as previous entries.

The Civil War setting just doesn't interest me as much as Renaissance Italy did. That and the lack of Ezio as main character. My fav protagonist this gen too.

Arnie

Benzema :lol

Forget boxing, it's all about the 10 o clock news yo. Those two JTs don't deserve the attention, I wish they could both lose.

And all of this talk about Khedira. Truth be told, I haven't seen much of Khedira outside of the Euros and WC (so I haven't seen him during his time at Stuttgart and Madrid). But, pretty much everyone is looking better than Schweinsteiger right now. Schweini still looks completely shaken up mentally and physically, and I doubt he'll be fully ready for a "few" of the first match days.

What Khedira talk? The only thing I hear and see about Khedira is about his holidays with his girl :(

Fady K

So if you had to pick 5 games you are excited for this year what are they? Mine are

1. Hitman: Absolution
2. Assassins Creed 3
3. Borderlands 2
4. Fifa 13*
5. Halo 4

Some great games on that list! For this year I am looking forward to:

1 - Resident Evil 6
2 - Assassin's Creed 3
3 - Hitman: Absolution
4 - Dishonored
5 - Virtue's Last Reward (Portable adventure games FTW!)

I'll cheat and add another 5 I really look forward to:

6 - ZombiU
7 - Persona 4: The Golden
8 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
9 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirrors of Fate
10 - Assassin's Creed Liberation

Looks like Fifa 13 will be the best to date. And thank fuck they are taking better care of the players faces.

FIFA
AC3
RE6
H:A

Great taste Fry <3 My top 3 games are on your list!

Pikmin 3
FIFA 13 (as long as they give Assou-Ekotto his glorious face/afro)
Paper Mario
Luigi's Mansion 2
Zombi U

Usho great stuff on that list. Do you play Non-Nintendo consoles btw? ZombiU looks insanely awesome. Paper mario looks insanely good too.

I am interested in an insane amount of new games coming out this year. Bolded are day one buys.

Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
The Banner Saga
Borderlands 2
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Illusion
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Darksiders II
Deadlight
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Devil Survivor 2
Dishonored
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Final Fantasy: Dimensions
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Mark of the Ninja[/B]
Of Orcs and Men
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Papo & Yo
Persona 4: The Golden
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Sleeping Dogs
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Sound Snapes
Torchlight II

2013 isn't looking any better for my wallet or my backlog.

Haha, it seems someone else on footygaf is looking forward to SO many titles! I don't even want to mention my must buys from 2013!!

Oh had missed Hazard had officially gotten #17 two days ago. So much for all the laughs on here about him (according to shitty English papers) demanding shirt number 10.

Problem is, he will have a lot to live up. Not many people can fill in BOSSwinger's shoes.

Thing is, fans shouldn't need to be so defensive. It's one of the most boring aspect of football.

Like Wooden was talking about. Hazard signs, and like most signings nobody other than the player and the club really know what's going on. So when you have some fabricated story about Hazard demanding the #10, and a bunch of people who for the most part aren't morons on here laughing about it, it really makes you wonder. The folks laughing know as well as the Chelsea fans that this story isn't true, yet they choose to "believe" it and laugh because it's something to do. It's an excuse (which is all people need, valid or no) to whine about a team they don't like.

There is so much pantomime that goes with football and it's the worst thing about it, and so many fans give in to it and talk shite for shite talking sake. I just think these individuals would be better off watching soap operas.

So it has nothing to do with being a defensive Chelsea fan as such. It just bothers me personally because I now I don't go, "LOL 'insert player name here' is involved in 'insert spurious story here' and 'insert team here' are willing to pander to him because he's a big name". Because I don't feel the need to just run with stories I know aren't true because it gives me an excuse to harp on about a team I don't like. So I'm baffled as to why others do.

That's about it really.

youregoodyou-analyzetagujn.gif

Deserves a repost, always respected you Kyle <3 - one of the most reasonable football fans I have ever met.

Fady K

ESPN said:
Cole diffuses tension over tweet
July 14, 2012
Email Print
By ESPN staff
Ashley Cole has issued a statement stressing that that he is "good friends" with Rio Ferdinand after the Manchester United defender appeared to mock his decision to support John Terry in court.

• Terry found not guilty

Cole appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court in support of his Chelsea team-mate after Terry was accused of a racially aggravated public order offence towards Ferdinand's brother, QPR defender Anton.

Terry was found not guilty on Friday.

A Twitter user subsequently wrote a message to Rio Ferdinand suggesting Cole, who told the court he was a long-standing friend of the Ferdinand brothers, was a "choc ice". The term is commonly understood to mean "black on the outside, white on the inside".

The Twitter user said: "Looks like Ashley Cole's going to be their choc ice. Then again he's always been a sell out. Shame on him."

Ferdinand tweeted in response: "I hear you fella! Choc ice is classic! hahahahahahha!!"

The Manchester United player then responded to criticism of his remark by writing: "And if I want to laugh at something someone tweets....I will! Hahahahaha! Now stop getting ya knickers in a twist!"

Cole, who has played regularly alongside Rio Ferdinand and Terry for England, then issued a response through his lawyers.

It read: "Ashley Cole has been made aware of the discussion following comments appearing on Twitter and wishes to make it clear that he and Rio Ferdinand are good friends and Ashley has no intention of making any sort of complaint.

"Ashley appreciates that Tweeting is so quick it often results in off-hand and stray comments."

Respectable move by Ashley. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Hieberrr

What Khedira talk? The only thing I hear and see about Khedira is about his holidays with his girl :(

A bunch of articles I've been reading, mainly Beckenbauer pretty much publicly urging Bayern to get Khedira. I doubt Madrid is willing to give him up, but yeah I'm just wondering if Khedira is as great as he's being made out to be.

Fady K

Hieberr just noticed Bart wearing the FCB shirt. Awesomely done.

A wild Fady appears!

Good to see I'm not alone in having faith on RE: 6.

After being let down big time, albeit enjoying, RE5, 6 looks like it gives me far more of what I want as an RE fan. Here's hoping man :) One game you didn't mention that you'd do well to look into is Dishonored. Keep that name on your mind my friend ;D

-------------------

Chelsea pre-season squad news for the Chelsea fans here:

Cole/Terry/Malouda/Meireles/Torres (the post-group phase Euro 2012 players) will join up halfway through
Bertrand/Sturridge/Romeu/Mata - busy with Olympics preparations and participation

25 to be in the US from the start - including new signings:

Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Henrique Hilario, Jamal Blackman, Paulo Ferreira, Sam Hutchinson, Branislav Ivanovic, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Michael Essien, John Mikel Obi, Josh McEachran, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Kevin De Bruyne, Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Gael Kakuta, Yossi Benayoun, Romelu Lukaku, Todd Kane, Nathaniel Chalobah, George Saville, Lucas Piazon, Patrick Bamford.

A wild Fady appears!

Good to see I'm not alone in having faith on RE: 6.

Carbonox_Ratchet seems to have massive amounts of faith too.

I want to believe. What I've seen of Leon's stuff I've liked it's the other two campaigns I'm worried about. If the DD demo is anything to go by it might do well to be delayed, so many little things that can be easily fixed if they give themselves the time.

A bunch of articles I've been reading, mainly Beckenbauer pretty much publicly urging Bayern to get Khedira. I doubt Madrid is willing to give him up, but yeah I'm just wondering if Khedira is as great as he's being made out to be.

Really? Haven't read anythings for months. Bayern already fucked up, anyway. They could have gotten him 2 years ago, now, well, I'd say Martinez is more likely lol

All the Borussia fans in here did nothing but praise him in the EUROs, and made sure to let us all know he was better than any Bayern player.

So I'd say he is. :D

Khedira, Hummels and Neuer were the best German players, Khedira dragged that dead body called Schweini through the tournament, at least until the Italy match...

Hieberrr

All the Borussia fans in here did nothing but praise him in the EUROs, and made sure to let us all know he was better than any Bayern player.

So I'd say he is. :D
He did look like one of the more impressive players on that team during the tournament :)

Really? Haven't read anythings for months. Bayern already fucked up, anyway. They could have gotten him 2 years ago, now, well, I'd say Martinez is more likely lol
That's what I heard too :( Damn, even Martinez looks extremely unlikely with the transfer fee his club is asking for (40 million euros? Que?!).

Fady K

Carbonox_Ratchet seems to have massive amounts of faith too.

I want to believe. What I've seen of Leon's stuff I've liked it's the other two campaigns I'm worried about. If the DD demo is anything to go by it might do well to be delayed, so many little things that can be easily fixed if they give themselves the time.

It scared me though that they wanted to release it EARLIER than expected :p I'd rather they take their time ironing all the issues out.

Bumhead

Banned
Rumour going around that Chris Kirkland may be retiring due to personal circumstances. Apparently his wife is seriously ill, and in the mean time the club have given him leave until he presumably decides what he wants to do.

Big shame, I was excited when he arrived earlier this summer. But huge best wishes to his family obviously.

jtb

Banned
He is just about the only person to come out of this with any class.

seriously; he defended the emirates!

Prosecution: "You used to play for Arsenal, nobody makes any noise at the Emirates do they?" Laughter is heard in the court. Cole: "Am I supposed to laugh at that? If you're saying Loftus Road is louder than the Emirates I'd say: 'no, it's not.'" Prosecutor: "Ok, let's not have that argument." Cole: "Well, you brought it up."

Fady K

Yeah! It's fine when it looks like it won't be a problem, based on the public demo it really is a massive problem.

It's their biggest game in ages - they better not screw this up. They already messed with the fans with what what should have been their biggest success in ages, SF X Tekken.

He is just about the only person to come out of this with any class.

I'm still a bit suspicious about Terry, but I was glad to see Cole treat the whole topic maturely, not used to seeing this side to him.

rodvik

I'm still a bit suspicious about Terry, but I was glad to see Cole treat the whole topic maturely, not used to seeing this side to him.

Oh rightfully so, I assumed Terry was guilty, but his version made a lot of sense and the evidence backed it up.

But the Ferdinands have come away from this making themselves look very poor. Its a shame I though Rio in particular was better than that.

dc89

RVP is destined to go on Arsenal's summer tour unless a bid is made this week.

Get out Ade and get bidding Mancini!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom