• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky77

Looks fun. I still need to buy that DVD about Downing.

That's true. Does Real use 3 or 4 midfielders? If it's three, I assume Xabi, Khedira and Özil are pretty much guaranteed starters.

yeah and then you add CR, Higuain or benzema and Di Maria.. also Callejon, not a lot of room. But it will be a nice paycheck I am sure.

Linius

It is. £1.99 on Android, free with 69p career IAP on iPhone and iPad, and free for the PC online version.
That's too bad. I can't buy apps on my Android devices because I don't own a Creditcard. Which is the only payment option for Android in The Netherlands. That's still bugging me Google. No free version with ads available?

TrueBlue

Must...buy...

I bought the Chelsea 2011-12 Season Review DVD a couple of days ago from HMV. Not bad value for money considering they showed every goal from every game, as well as some interviews. I dunno the features of that particular Newcastle DVD, but maybe you should go for it? It's always nice to have a visual momento...

...just as long as you don't have commentators that are as boring as the ones on Chelsea TV.

Kyoufu

I bought the Chelsea 2011-12 Season Review DVD a couple of days ago from HMV. Not bad value for money considering they showed every goal from every game, as well as some interviews. I dunno the features of that particular Newcastle DVD, but maybe you should go for it? It's always nice to have a visual momento...

...just as long as you don't have commentators that are as boring as the ones on Chelsea TV.

I'll pick it up and hopefully the commentator won't be as boring as the one on NUFC TV website. :|

PaulLFC

That's too bad. I can't buy apps on my Android devices because I don't own a Creditcard. Which is the only payment option for Android in The Netherlands. That's still bugging me Google. No free version with ads available?
There's not, no. I don't know if this would work for the Android market, but could you use something like an Entropay virtual Visa card, which I assume you top up with your bank account and then it acts like a Visa card?

TrueBlue

I'll pick it up and hopefully the commentator won't be as boring as the one on NUFC TV website. :|

Man, I can relate. The DVD mostly features Chelsea TV commentary and it is is dull. I mean even for Drogba's penalty against Munich, you wouldn't have thought that we had just won the Champions League for the first time by their reaction. Even Clive Tyldesley (sp?) managed to gather more emotion for it. The brief parts that involved John Champion make things a little more bearable however.

Martin Tyler and Gary Neville <3

Linius

There's not, no. I don't know if this would work for the Android market, but could you use something like an Entropay virtual Visa card, which I assume you top up with your bank account and then it acts like a Visa card?
Never heard of such a thing but I will check it out. It kind of sucks not being able to buy apps. The kind of thing that almost forces you to go all pirate on Google.

The Sunday papers also think that Tevez may be on his way to Madrid.

Why would they even want him there?

Also, the Purity Ring album leaked. So good.

Arnie

Can somebody make a Hodgson head out of this photo?

Would be fucking excellent if we win tomorrow.

Englands-coach-Roy-Hodgso-008.jpg

Linius

He's a very good footballer. Absolute bastard though.

But Pepe is a bastard too so Tevez will be in good company.
No problem with basterds, but Tevez is just an annoying troublemaker and no good for Madrid's selection. They already have some great players for their forward positions. But yeah, as a FCB fan I would like to see Tevez bringing some life to Madrid, shaking things up.

Fry

Can somebody make a Hodgson head out of this photo?

Would be fucking excellent if we win tomorrow.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2012/6/23/1340476762374/Englands-coach-Roy-Hodgso-008.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

lulz

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iKHznTjs1LXdZ.png

Clegg

Just FYI its only the tabloid newspapers that seem to be running this Tevez to Madrid story.

They wouldn't be the most reliable of sources.

Clegg

Would be great if you could turn the Hodgson pic into another "deal with it" gif.

He already has the sunglasses for it.

Kyoufu

Would be great if you could turn the Hodgson pic into another "deal with it" gif.

He already has the sunglasses for it.

Should use it when people complain England beat Spain by using Chelsea "anti-football" tactics.

You know it'll happen.

feel

cavani looks frustrated, he's tried so hard to get one lol

edit-

Messi's team didn't show up for second half, went from 4-2 to 4-6

xintin

lolol just heard about Nasri cursing a reporter after the match. Is he trying to create some tough guy image for himself? Because it looks like a strong wind would take him out.

Meus just posted in the Euro thread that Spain play Anti-Football.

Welp. I give up.

Please don't twist my words, especially when you to try to portray me in a contradictory light. It was quite plainly obvious that I wasn't calling the Spanish anti-football, but rather their insistent need to keep the ball constantly once they feel the game is settled. I understand why they do it, it is deliberate, but it's negative in the sense that it is boring. Beside their 'shut everything down' tika taka, they unquestionably play the most attractive brand of football of all the international sides; Spain in general are not anti-football; rather I was referring to a specific side of their game. Anyone who was aware (or part) of the discussion preceding that would have understood the context of my comment.

Hey look EA released the Fifa 13 cover and they lost Shrek and the EA logo covers up that shitty sponsor. YAY

I noticed that as well, looks like a deliberate attempt to cover the Qatar Foundation logo. Why though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom