• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
RVP is destined to go on Arsenal's summer tour unless a bid is made this week.

Get out Ade and get bidding Mancini!

Really? I don't think Cesc went on the tour last time; claimed it was an injury iirc.
Oh god shades of Wilshere's "injury".... noooooo.
Not sure about Nasri, but either way, it'd be stupid to send RVP out. Hell, it'd be even dumber to pull a Rooney on an aging, injury prone striker. I'm with you—Adebayor should hurry the fuck up signing for Spurs, and hopefully RVP fetches a half decent price from City. this shit better not drag out through the rest of the summer again...

Really? I don't think Cesc went on the tour last time; claimed it was an injury iirc.
Not sure about Nasri, but either way, it'd be stupid to send RVP out. Hell, it'd be even dumber to pull a Rooney on an aging, injury prone striker. I'm with you—Adebayor should hurry the fuck up signing for Spurs, and hopefully RVP fetches a half decent price from City. this shit better not drag out through the rest of the summer again...

Agreed, we need this ending within the week.

elseanio

Kyle said:

"Your an idiot Kyoufu, and you have been since the day you graced this thread. Dry up."

Which was a bit out of order, but whatever. Hope he comes back

Hixx

Kyle said:

"Your an idiot Kyoufu, and you have been since the day you graced this thread. Dry up."

He's buggered off because of that?

Toughen up, Kyoufu. That's nowt in internet terms.

Carbonox

Poor Kyoufu. :lol

And yes Willkiller, my faith in Resident Evil 6 is still strong because irrelevant of what issues are on show, the game looks mighty fun, with Leon's campaign looking genuinely good because of its setting and themes. The other campaigns are more COD-like, which while not favourable, are just bonuses to Leon running the show.

Also, all the problems in the E3 demo (primarily screen tearing) were pretty much completely fixed as of the Comic-con demo, including the 360 demo which was plagued with tech issues. Capcom are still working on the game and its issues which is good. They just need to improve the camera or add camera options to control its placement and we'll be good to go.

He'll be back when Newxastle sign Bebe. The excitement will be too much for him to stay away from here.

The new Sneijder-to-ManUtd transfer saga.

Kyle said:

In my defence, I wasn't the only one who called him out. It wasn't that there was a difference of opinion on the case, it was his ridiculous argument of "go and call a black man what JT called Anton and see what happens" or something to that extent, which had nothing to do with JT's aquittal.

I know, Android auto correct. I'm a fool.

Poor Kyoufu. :lol

And yes Willkiller, my faith in Resident Evil 6 is still strong because irrelevant of what issues are on show, the game looks mighty fun, with Leon's campaign looking genuinely good because of its setting and themes. The other campaigns are more COD-like, which while not favourable, are just bonuses to Leon running the show.

Also, all the problems in the E3 demo (primarily screen tearing) were pretty much completely fixed as of the Comic-con demo, including the 360 demo which was plagued with tech issues. Capcom are still working on the game and its issues which is good. They just need to improve the camera or add camera options to control its placement and we'll be good to go.

I hope so! I want it to be great, I really do.

rodvik

your an idiot and you have been since the day you graced this thread

Speaking of idiots I am getting optimistic abut our next season! Our first friendly was today against L2 opposition but apparently all our new signings played very well and we played >possession< based football.

127081_o.gif

Lightning

Banned
Nasri went on tour last summer and played quite well. Its one thing that I appreciate about Nasri was that he never refused to play, went on tour and signed autographs and fronted for the Arsenal fans and always tried when he was on the field. I remener the game against Liverpool last season where with injuries and suspensions we were short in midfield to the point of being screwed and he played for us despite everything with City being all but completely done and was our most threatening player in that game in what was a shocking display from those around him.

But yeah, don't want RVP to go on tour. He can leave and go to a club he wants as long as we get a good fee.

Hixx

I wanted us to sign him when he went to Villa, still think he'll be a good signing now. He will probably play wherever O'Shea doesn't which probably means the end of Bardsley
3AQmK.gif

PaulLFC

Some training news:

Morgan played a 10 v 10 game in training on his first day training with the first team, his side won 3-1 ....... Morgan scored all 3.

Talk about a good first impression....
Good news that, pleased for him, hopefully he can keep showing good form.

Hixx

W00t! yeah he is a top man. Who else are you lot in for?

Fletcher from Wolves is the only link that seems to have any real substance. Few places linking us with Matt Phillips from Blackpool. That Anita bloke from Ajax's agent says we asked about his availability.

That's about it as far as it believability goes... the rest are just the usual ridiculous tabloid bullshittery.

rodvik

Fletcher from Wolves is the only link that seems to have any real substance. Few places linking us with Matt Phillips from Blackpool. That Anita bloke from Ajax's agent says we asked about his availability.

That's about it as far as it believability goes... the rest are just the usual ridiculous tabloid bullshittery.

Fletcher would work well with MON I think.

choodi

Banned
T3Jjq.png

The army are deploying some insane equipment in London!

So exactly what are the surface to air missiles for?

Seriously, the most credible threat is a lone bomber, gunmen or a bomb in a rubbish bin, just like last time someone attacked the Olympics.

No one has ever attacked the Olympics with a jet fighter and no one ever will.

rodvik

Seriously, the most credible threat is a lone bomber, gunmen or a bomb in a rubbish bin, just like last time someone attacked the Olympics.

I think after 911 nobody really wants to take that chance.

Gotta waste that defence budget!

dc89

They've got all sorts dotted around London.

Surface to air missiles, rockets and missiles on apartment blocks, a warship in the Thames and then the army on the streets and they will have helicopters circling the city with snipers in.

There will be all sorts.

Slizz

Anybody going to Opening Ceremonies or an event other than Football? Track and Field would be pretty sweet to watch. Swimming maybe, but I think I'd prefer Track and Field.

EDIT: Also James Bond will be at the Opening Ceremony...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom