• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Well, Clyne is more of a RB than a LB.

Also, who wants to live in Sunderland?

All I'm saying is that it is a good signing.

If our transfer activity this summer is

Kuyt, Maxi, Aurelio, Carroll, Aqua and Cole all out

Borini, Allen, Dempsey, Holtby in

I'd be pretty okay with that. Joe Allen's name on that list alone is enough to wet even the most arid regions of my pants.

pappe

Berbatov?

20-do-not-want.jpg

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

Berba is better than all your CB's.

SAF said:
"Brady is an outside-left but we believe there's a possibility he will develop into a left-back. It's an area which we're paying attention to as Patrice Evra has played an average of 45 games in the last few seasons. So it's important for Fabio to get experience at QPR because, touch wood, Evra is never injured.

"The opportunities weren't there for Fabio and he needed more opportunities. With him away at QPR, we're a bit short at left-back so that's why we're trying Brady there. We also have Tyler Blackett with us. He's a strong boy, tall and quick and he has time on his side. He is here for the experience."

A closer look at the quotes and maybe the contingencies are set to be the reality. I could see Fergie refusing to meet Everton's price for Baines. And he could always recall Fabio, if Evra got a serious injury. Gotta fund that flashy winger purchase.

Interesting that Brady is above Blackett in the pecking order. I suppose his Championship experience gives him a leg up.

From the rest of his quotes, our starting line-up tomorrow could be:

-------------Lindegaard
?------------Rio------?--------Brady
--------Scholes--------Carrick
Valencia------Kagawa----Lingard
---------------Chicharito

Get ready for Fergie to troll Dimitar and play him at CB.

pappe

Other than another right back option, I don't really agree at all. Got enough defensive midfielders in Mikel who was brilliant last season, Essien who you can hope on making a return to his old form before the injury and then Romeu as the younger talented one. On top of that Ramires while not being a defensive midfielder is a work horse unlike many and helps a lot defensively. The defense itself (except the right back where there's a need for options) is fine. Terry, Luiz, Cahill and Ivan who would cover both right and center.

But there has been lots of right back rumors, so not worried about that at all.

Terry, Luiz, Cahill and Ivan is not exactly a very good Defensive lineup. Terry should be phased out. Luiz is a disaster waiting to happen. Cahill is good backup but should not be a regular starter for a top 4 side. Ivan is awesome.

pappe

A closer look at the quotes and maybe the contingencies are set to be the reality. I could see Fergie refusing to meet Everton's price for Baines. And he could always recall Fabio, if Evra got a serious injury. Gotta fund that flashy winger purchase.

Interesting that Brady is above Blackett in the pecking order. I suppose his Championship experience gives him a leg up.

From the rest of his quotes, our starting line-up tomorrow could be:

-------------Lindegaard
?------------Rio------?--------Brady
--------Scholes--------Carrick
Valencia------Kagawa----Lingard
---------------Chicharito

Get ready for Fergie to troll Dimitar and play him at CB.

Rafael not in the squad? I hope he becomes our regular RB and we stop using Jones and Smalling there because both of them are not as good as him in that position.

Terry, Luiz, Cahill and Ivan is not exactly a very good Defensive lineup. Terry should be phased out. Luiz is a disaster waiting to happen. Cahill is good backup but should not be a regular starter for a top 4 side. Ivan is awesome.

Yes, yes they are. They were a disaster when playing with the high line, but the last half of the season clearly showed they got what it takes. Luiz had some problems in the beginning, but he has been outstanding for quite some time without making close to as many mistakes as before, he got a huge potential and should keep getting more and more time, Cahill has proven to be able to take the step up just fine and has been brilliant whenever needed. Terry? He's slow but phased out already? The man is 31, ffs.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I think they just need numbers. They need a back-up RB and another CB. Terry and Cahill are more than good enough to start in the league but Luiz and Assvanovic is not enough depth. Most of the top clubs have at least 4 true CBs on the books plus two full-backs for either side.

Hixx

Echo journalist says Everton after Kieran Richardson as a Baines replacement.

Everywhere is saying Richardson wants to leave yet he was rabbiting on about how he loved it up here after he 'found God' and they've taken him to Korea. If he wanted out I doubt we'd take him there.

I thought Clyne was destined for a top half club like Sunderland. I'm sure they'd love to have Clyne if they're losing Richardson...

Clyne's a RB and we have Bardsley, O'Shea, Brown & Cuellar who can play there at a decent level.

Well, Clyne is more of a RB than a LB.

Also, who wants to live in Sunderland?

Nee fucker will want to live or play in Southampton when they get relegated next year.

FootballGaf, make me feel better about turning down the chance to get an Civil Engineering apprenticeship because I don't give the slightest shit about Engineering.

My parents won't be happy unless I can think of a damn good reason to spurn the oppurtunity to go to the recruitment day on Friday. Apparently having no interest in it is not reason enough

Plus, if I'd gone I would have denied somebody who does give a shit the chance to go, as there are limited places at the recruitment day

Recession impacted the industry hugely with widespread cuts.
Margins are tighter than ever - turnover stable but diminishing profit so wages are still stagnant.
Lack of recruitment over recent years with little movement in job market so progression can be slow.
Much of the major work is locked into framework contracts tendered recently and won with cutthroat rates - could slow industry recovery.
tldr: they mad?

Or

Cuts have made industry leaner and better able to cope with ever changing market trends.
Margins are tight but things will improve as investment in infrastructure increases - not seen significant wage cuts so may come out in a better position respective to other industries.
Lack of recruitment so less competition when boom time comes - could end up moving quickly having that bit more experience than the new large influx of grads.
Frameworks are always coming up for re-tender and when better work comes along companies will prioritise.
tldr: you mad?

:p
Some nice and generic schpiel up there, probably applicable to every industry.

Rafael not in the squad? I hope he becomes our regular RB and we stop using Jones and Smalling there because both of them are not as good as him in that position.

Olympics yo

Yup. Half our regulars not in the tour squad because of tournaments and injuries. And, don't worry, Rafael just signed a new contract. He'll be first choice RB so long as he stays fit and keeps his form up.

Arnie

Does AVB have the most annoying voice in the world? Honestly this guy needs to see a doctor about that, it sounds like he's riddled with throat infections. I couldn't sit listening to that for an extended period of time.

Interesting top comment associated with that video, someone asking the Spurs media team to ape City's. Can't say I blame them, I'd love to have 20 minutes of training footage a day. Very jealous.

Damn, Steffen Freund has such enthusiasm for Tottenham. I think he'll do really well for us, I liked Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond but they don't have the passion for the club that Steffen has. It feels so exciting right now, even though Modric is almost certainly going.

Cool. Freund was a pretty big name in Dortmund.
So many reasons for me to follow the EPL more closely this season. Kagawa, Podolski, Marin..now Freund too.

dc89

I don't know why I watch this stuff, but I do.

Cause watching professionals train is awesome! Doesn't matter from which team.

Also, getting a Chinese tonight Arnie!! Cantonese Open Kitchen or what ever it's called. I can't find a menu online, so I think we'll just drive the 10 mins and go pick it up.

Arnie

Cause watching professionals train is awesome! Doesn't matter from which team.

Also, getting a Chinese tonight Arnie!! Cantonese Open Kitchen or what ever it's called. I can't find a menu online, so I think we'll just drive the 10 mins and go pick it up.

Good lad. Although check it's open first, don't a lot of chinese places close on Tuesdays for unspecified reasons? It's truly class that place. Here's a link with the phone number to check if they are indeed open.

Think I'm going to make a bowl of vegetable soup for lunch. meh

Yes, yes they are. They were a disaster when playing with the high line, but the last half of the season clearly showed they got what it takes. Luiz had some problems in the beginning, but he has been outstanding for quite some time without making close to as many mistakes as before, he got a huge potential and should keep getting more and more time, Cahill has proven to be able to take the step up just fine and has been brilliant whenever needed. Terry? He's slow but phased out already? The man is 31, ffs.
I have to agree Wooden. I'm more than happy with out defence other than the lack of a true RB, but we'll see what happens there.

Pachimari

I'm not sure if I should be excited or not for the arrival of Luka Modric at Real Madrid. I mean, we probably will change a winning formation to 4-3-3 to accomodate him, which I don't like. But him and Özil in the same formation could be cool.

Kenka

Bayern fans, do you think Emre Can can be a regular in the Bayern squad this season ? I would love to see him play in the midfield along Kroos and Shaqiri.

Copenhagen denied Dame N'Doye to go to the Olympics too, fuck yeah. Stupid shitty competition in the middle of everything.

I have to agree Wooden. I'm more than happy with out defence other than the lack of a true RB, but we'll see what happens there.

You're the only one ever agreeing with me. Either we have seen the light or are both insane. Actually that defense won Chelsea CL so clearly it's true. ;)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
zamparini-maurizio1.jpg

Zamparini: "Inter have become a small club. And Milan are becoming a small club".

QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif

The cursed cup is this weekend right?

Zamparini: "Inter have become a small club. And Milan are becoming a small club".

QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif
QB4yV.gif

The cursed cup is this weekend right?

Sometimes he rambles, sometimes he's right. Now if only he would focus on not getting his own ass relegated instead of judging other teams.

pappe

I'm not sure if I should be excited or not for the arrival of Luka Modric at Real Madrid. I mean, we probably will change a winning formation to 4-3-3 to accomodate him, which I don't like. But him and Özil in the same formation could be cool.

You will drop Khedira or Alonso to accommodate him? I dont think that will happen. Modric will mostly warm the bench at Madrid. But,yes, he will be ahead of Sahin in the pecking order.

Sahin killed off his career even before it took off by deciding to go to Madrid.

Zabojnik

aygreville.png
vs.
140px-Juventusstemma.png

Aygreville - Juventus kick-off at 17:30 CET.

JUVENTUS (3-5-2) : Storari; Masi, Lucio, Caceres; Pepe, Asamoah, Marrone, Padoin, Ziegler; Vucinic, Quagliarella.

Also present: Leali, Branescu, Citti, De Ceglie, Lichtsteiner, Garcia Tena, Magnusson, Rugani, Untersee, Vidal, Appelt, Bouy, Schiavone, Boakye, Matri, Padovan.

I'm curious to see Asamoah in action. Not much else to see today, I reckon. :) Still, it's the official start of the new season. Excite!

Gambit

Bayern fans, do you think Emre Can can be a regular in the Bayern squad this season ? I would love to see him play in the midfield along Kroos and Shaqiri.

I kind of doubt he's ready for that yet. While he could beat out Tymo (perhaps), Gustavo will stay ahead of him for now.

But I am really looking forward to seeing more of Can. For cup games or lower league teams he should get his time. (Especially if Heynckes finally embraces rotation).

Hope Sammer whips our younger players into shape and gives them a winner's mentality. I think he'll work wonders for Kroos (who can boss Real Madrid one game, then not bother to run half a kilometer the next).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
aygreville.png
vs.
140px-Juventusstemma.png

Aygreville - Juventus kick-off at 17:30 CET.

JUVENTUS (3-5-2) : Storari; Masi, Lucio, Caceres; Pepe, Asamoah, Marrone, Padoin, Ziegler; Vucinic, Quagliarella.

Also present: Leali, Branescu, Citti, De Ceglie, Lichtsteiner, Garcia Tena, Magnusson, Rugani, Untersee, Vidal, Appelt, Bouy, Schiavone, Boakye, Matri, Padovan.

I'm curious to see Asamoah in action. Not much else to see today, I reckon. :) Still, it's the official start of the new season. Excite!

I hope we see some of that Bouy magic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom