• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Question to my fellow Liverpool fans.

If/when Carroll goes, should Suarez take the number 9 shirt? On the one hand, I feel he is quite closely associated with number 7.

However, it would feel weird not to have a number 9 leading our front line, and he is something of a monster as Uraguay's number 9.

I fucking knew Marta's actress changed. It was bugging me for a few episodes, she looks really attractive in the first few episodes, then loses it for me when she's changed

@Feorax: I've personally never really given any attention at all to shirt numbers. In fact the only player's numbers I remember are Gerrard, Carragher, Agger, Suarez and Carroll :p

Meier

15m for a 21 year old who just scored 52 goals in 2 seasons doesn't sound that bad to me. Obviously the Eredivisie is a bit of a stepping stone league, but it's not like it's a joke or anything. Probably 5th or 6th best in Europe, no?

LegoArmo

15m for a 21 year old who just scored 52 goals in 2 seasons doesn't sound that bad to me. Obviously the Eredivisie is a bit of a stepping stone league, but it's not like it's a joke or anything. Probably 5th or 6th best in Europe, no?

Scoring goals in that league is rather easy. I don't know about the quality of the league as a whole.

Tc91

First post in FootballGAF! Put me down as a United fan. Went downstairs and my shirt has arrived!:

Qf1fv.jpg

8VCmt.jpg

Yes I am dc56.01's brother.

Now I need to find a Avatar.

England=Spain
Italy
Germany
Portugal
France+Holland
Turkey
Russia
Greece
etc

@Tc87, you have a lot of work to do PR-wise

Carbonox

It's weird that he chose Münchengladbach instead of Benfica or Newcastle.

Newcastle wasn't willing to match the fee Twente wanted. We originally did (12m or so) but then Twente raised it at the last minute and we basically told them to fuck off with their shit. Monchengladbach were willing to match the new figure and off De Jong went. Plus De Jong wanted to go to Germany anyway. I wish him the best.

Kenka

It's ranking right after Portugal and the top four leagues. Yes.

Insane ! Gladbach were on the verge of getting relegated last season and they are pulling a Newcastle: they have spent no less than 8.500.000 € (Xhaka), 2.500.000 € (Mlapa, U-20 Germany defender), 8.000.000 € (Dominguez from Atlético and U-21 Spain) and now 15.000.000 € for Luuk in a matter of weeks. Plus they bought a Swedish U-21 player and are very hot on Guidetti.

They will have spent at least 35.000.000 € by the end of the break. That's way more than the 22.000.000 € they got for Dante and Reus.

Jensen

First post in FootballGAF! Put me down as a United fan. Went downstairs and my shirt has arrived!:

Now I need to find a Avatar.
Welcome to the thread United PR man.

The lettering on the back of that shirt is really nice. The tablecloth isn't as bad as I feared

Fady K

Haha :D Well done. BLAAAAAAAAAAAABLLUUUUUUUUUUUURN ;D

I think it got too much for him at times last season.

He'd be visiting his dad in hospital in Italy midweek and then he'd fly back, take training on a Friday and then obviously be at the games at the weeks slowing his temper.

It took its toll no doubt about it.

Shuffling both must be a nightmare, he's only human after all. Just imagine the pressure at the end of the season where you are also worried about a loved one at the hospital.

poor Torres. I don't get why even bothers to stay at Chelsea (besides his ridiculous wages, I guess)... he's already won everything there is to win, half of it by accident!

Personally, every time Torres is on the pitch for a Chelsea game I get excited and I see so much contribution from the guy. He's been, easily, one of the most important members of the squad in 2012 (hence from January. He was inefficient at the start of the season, very much so.)

Just started The Walking Dead Episode 2 (game). Jesus Christ...

Finished Episode 1 yesterday and that was great. Night and day compared to the tv show.

Playing it myself, loved ep 1. I find the music is great.

Can't wait to start it myself - even though I never watched the show! I'm just so into telltale's games! You guys played another telltale games?

Always makes me laugh when I hear about deals stalling because of the odd 1m or something. Especially when it involves teams like Tottenham and Man City. :lol

Football clubs should start kickstarter campaigns lol! The fans can help buy players when only 1 million euros is left :p

OMG I am stupidly happy right now. I just bought me and Manutdfan 2 tickets to the Barcelona vs Real Madrid supercup game next month.

tumblr_lf2iq4s4Hy1qg1gw5o1_400.gif

This has been my dream for so long

NICE! Enjoy man :) Wish I could join you.
I hope you come back to Ireland smiling

FootballGaf, make me feel better about turning down the chance to get an Civil Engineering apprenticeship because I don't give the slightest shit about Engineering.

My parents won't be happy unless I can think of a damn good reason to spurn the oppurtunity to go to the recruitment day on Friday. Apparently having no interest in it is not reason enough

Plus, if I'd gone I would have denied somebody who does give a shit the chance to go, as there are limited places at the recruitment day

What Feorax said below, pretty much (also just tell your parents that not only do you not have interest, but you have absolutely no motivation to focus on this area and that you only live life once and work can be draining even when you like the job! I made this mistake and trying to find a different route is doable, but messy. It's easier when you start with what you want rather than leave it till later).:

Last thing you want to do is jump into a career you have no interest in. Take it from someone who made that mistake, there is nothing worse.

Take the time to figure out what interests you and what you would like to do, and work towards making it happen. I genuinely believe a career should have passion behind it, and not just be a way to pay the bills, or a decision someone else can make on your behalf.

I'd be careful in the TDKR OT as apparently a Junior spoiled the film earlier. Luckily I missed it but still.

Idiots >_<! Best to avoid the thread altogether.

feels weird to not see guardiola give a press conference.

:'(!

You're the only one ever agreeing with me. Either we have seen the light or are both insane. Actually that defense won Chelsea CL so clearly it's true. ;)

I do too, pretty much most of the time! We need a *fresh* new rightback player though, just to be safe! Also, what a comeback from Copenhagen the other night, congrats!

Jensen

So what is United's away kit? Is it the checkers just blue?

What about this white one:

skarmavbild_2012-07-12_kl._09.50.43.png
?
The white kit is the away one, there a user on redcafe who manages to see what the new kits are early in the season and he/she described something similar to that white kit. He/She also said our 13-14 kits look a lot better than some of the recent kits.

Not sure what the blue kit is going to be, possibly the second goalkeeper shirt.

Fady K

DC's BRO? Welcome :D Your brother's awesome man, we expect the same of you.

Hello tc1.11.11.100

I expect hourly updates of United website news

Good to have you on board Tc 47.

Welcome to the thread United PR man.

The lettering on the back of that shirt is really nice. The tablecloth isn't as bad as I feared

LOLOLOL. What a welcome. I feel like they are androids designed to update the world with Manchester Football news :p

It's ranking right after Portugal and the top four leagues. Yes.

Insane ! Gladbach were on the verge of getting relegated last season and they are pulling a Newcastle: they have spent no less than 8.500.000 € (Xhaka), 2.500.000 € (Mlapa, U-20 Germany defender), 8.000.000 € (Dominguez from Atlético and U-21 Spain) and now 15.000.000 € for Luuk in a matter of weeks. Plus they bought a Swedish U-21 player and are very hot on Guidetti.

They will have spent at least 35.000.000 € by the end of the break. That's way more than the 22.000.000 € they got for Dante and Reus.

They spent a lot of money in the past years, too, although they never made it to Europe. They have the money to become a top 4 team for sure if they qualify for Europe again in the next years.

Also, I don't think Mlapa can defend that well :D

Tc91

Thanks everyone!

I kinda wish United would do some videos like City do, its a great insight into the club.

That shirt is a triads spesh, I got last seasons from the store for my birthday but I wasn't too keen on the tablecloth. Its growing on me though.

GorillaJu

Very happy with my new Liverpool 12/13 jersey that just came in the mail today. They nailed the fit well on this - high armholes, slightly elongated sleeves, good length in the body. Very satisfied!

Ashes

Banned
So what is United's away kit? Is it the checkers just blue?

What about this white one:

skarmavbild_2012-07-12_kl._09.50.43.png
?

Wait a second. That's actually pretty cool.

Oh and welcome tc. You managed to somehow make the united kit not butt ugly. It's still shit, but not as shite as I thought it was. Maybe it's the Kagawa part.

dc89

Next week I'll no doubt be going out to buy the new City away shirt.

Also I need to decide who to get on it. Or do I leave it blank for the meanwhile in case we drop some bombs with epic signings?
Adebayor GET

JJB are £10 cheaper than the City store for what I want. My loyalties are torn.

operon

Very happy with my new Liverpool 12/13 jersey that just came in the mail today. They nailed the fit well on this - high armholes, slightly elongated sleeves, good length in the body. Very satisfied!

It is a beatuiful jersey no doubt about it and the material.

Think suarez should get number 9 if carroll goes, only so I can hear the announcer say number 9 Luis Suarez quite a lot

They spent a lot of money in the past years, too, although they never made it to Europe. They have the money to become a top 4 team for sure if they qualify for Europe again in the next years.

Also, I don't think Mlapa can defend that well :D

Yeah, it's not such a risky make-or-break move for them as it seems (only some 10m transfer loss so far). People get distracted by their near-relegation in 10/11. They won't die & perish if they fail (to qualify for CL/EL next season) and those players are not really risky investments. They're all quality signings & young too.
They will certainly be a force to recon with (even more so if they can sign Hoilett). Definitely up there with Schlolke & Neverkusen.
Wolfsburg also just signed Naldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom