• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

AyE4ojACQAAufnS.jpg

wtf is this shit. looks like a horrendous copy cat version of one of our old Nike kits.

pappe

If Carroll really leaves, I want Fernando Llorente, Edison Cavani or Stevan Jovetic. Anything else will be a big disappointment.

(I'm already dissapointed.)

You wouldnt want them if Carroll stays? Implying Carroll can do as good as them?

Also, are you implying Carroll is in the same category as the strikers you mentioned?

Carbonox

Fucking Newcastle blogs piss me off sometimes with their drivel. "Rumour going around that Steven Taylor might be for sale". Fuck off. Fan blogs either consist of copy and pasting from media sites, or made up rumours for hits.

Some Arsenal news before the press..

Arsenal became the 1st team to put in an offical bid for Clint Dempsey and they put in a bid of £7m yesterday. Liverpool yet to put an official bid yet but it is understood they have a deal agreed in principle with Fulham for a few weeks. Liverpool are currently in talks with Fulham. Could go either way this one..

Juventus have put in a bid of £20m for Robin Van Persie.

And the club does not want to sell Theo Walcott (boo) - they will offer him a a new contract with improved wages and yearly % increases based on performances.

Labadal

You wouldnt want them if Carroll stays? Implying Carroll can do as good as them?

Also, are you implying Carroll is in the same category as the strikers you mentioned?

They are all better than Carroll. That's why if we sell him, I only want to see an upgrade. And I'd take any of them even if we keep Carroll.

But it doesn't really matter because we can't get those players this season. And I think Carroll will leave.

Not liking what I read about Barca being interested in Agger. Please God, don't let him go.

GorillaJu

It's not announcing the signing, I don't believe. If you watch the video, at the very end the announcer says "published reports say Liverpool are on the verge of signing American forward Clint Dempsey. The deal could be completed by the end of the week."

But it being on Fenway Sports Groups' main page is certainly interesting, isnt it? I think it's just poor wording in the article.

Zabojnik

Marotta (2012) “Jovetic? He’s a player at Fiorentina that we like, whose profile responds to what we are looking out for"

Marotta (2011) "Aguero, Tevez or Benzema? The profile of the player we are looking for is similar to these players."

Just shut the fuck up Marotta. :(

I want Frodo. :( While a poacher might be preferable in theory, not all our scoring problems were related to shooting inaccuracy / bad finishing last year. In certain matches, which inevitably ended in a draw, we had huge problems moving our forwards into the penalty box. With someone like Jovetic you're all but guaranteed to breach. He can be pretty unstopabble with the ball at his feet. And he's actually a pretty great finisher too. He netted it 14 times in 27 matches last year, which was one of the worst seasons in Fiorentina's history. Imagine what he could do in a decent club ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mGtrhW2yfY

UN SOLO GRIDO PARTE A RAZZO, VOGLIAMO JOVETIC DAI CAZZOOOOO!!!

Yen

"The football club will be partaking in a three game North American tour, which includes a stop in Boston for a game at Fenway Park. The team has added Fabio Borini and Clint Dempsey to a team that game within a game of winning the FA Cup."

What an odd way to announce a signing.
I N C E P T I O N

I think I saw on RAWK that the video that accompanies it says "reports say Liverpool are close to a deal" or something like that.

Hixx

Oh wow. Tickets for the Arsenal game are only £25. Makes a nice change, London clubs usually love to bend fans over with ticket prices.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
20m for RVP? With the salary he's demanding, that's a huge financial risk.
I want Frodo. :( While a poacher might be preferable in theory, not all our scoring problems were related to shooting inaccuracy / bad finishing last year. In certain matches, which inevitably ended in a draw, we had huge problems moving our forwards into the penalty box. With someone like Jovetic you're all but guaranteed to breach. He can be pretty unstopabble with the ball at his feet. And he's actually a pretty great finisher too. He netted it 14 times in 27 matches last year, which was one of the worst seasons in Fiorentina's history. Imagine what he could do in a decent club ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mGtrhW2yfY

UN SOLO GRIDO PARTE A RAZZO, VOGLIAMO JOVETIC DAI CAZZOOOOO!!!

For a second I thought the top part said "Jovetic pls"

Jovetic pls

Carbonox

Do not go in the TDKR OT.

A junior just fucking seemingly spammed spoilers several times.

My fucking day is ruined and now I really want to break the prick's knees and stick them on my mantle piece as trophies.

WILBURY GET IN HERE AND CONFIRM HE'S LYING PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE.

snoopen

My fucking day is ruined and now I really want to break the prick's knees and stick them on my mantle piece as trophies.

Damn that sucks bro.. Have heard about some people posting shit on social media as well. Stay safe and spoiler free everyone!

Can you at least quote the meltdown reactions by people there?

Yen

Yeah, saw two of them, could've guessed one anyway. From the trailers even.

Carbonox

The fucking shitfuck just posted this in the OT;

Not anymore.

Got some more accounts btw. Everyone is going to get spoiled.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts targeting other threads.

I REALLY WANT TO USE THE JT WORD RIGHT NOW. FUCKKKKKKK.

Blablurn

just opened a new tab for the batman thread. thank god i went here first :D closed it already.

btw, am i the only one who thinks that smokey dave looks like a grown up messi?

image.php

pappe

20m for RVP? With the salary he's demanding, that's a huge financial risk.

Jovetic pls

20m for RVP is not exactly a HUGE but yes the salary he would ask would be huge but I believe RVP might, might, accept a slightly less salary if Conte/Marotta really does manage to convince him of the new Juve project (Given he is leaving Arsenal because he doesnt believe in them and not just for money)

Carbonox

The dickhead just targeted the 3DS XL thread in Gaming. Looks like he's wildly hitting up topics now so do be careful. Fucking minefield GAF is now.

Zabojnik

20m for RVP is not exactly a HUGE but yes the salary he would ask would be huge but I believe RVP might, might, accept a slightly less salary if Conte/Marotta really does manage to convince him of the new Juve project (Given he is leaving Arsenal because he doesnt believe in them and not just for money)

I was thinking about this and I just realized that I don't really give a shit how much we pay for RVP or how huge his salary is going to be. Why should I care? It's not my money (I'll be giving Juve my moneyz regardless, so ...) and we already signed some pretty great players, so it's not like overpaying for someone like RVP is gonna cripple our summer mercato.

Marotta, brah - RVP, Jovetic, Dzeko, Tevez, Destro, Jesus Christ ... whatever. Just buy one, anyone. You have my sword and my axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom