• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Fry is pretty awesome. Didn't know he was Brazilian. Guess he's excited for the World Cup then.

I hope Argentina and Brazil play each other, and Argentina vs Spain too.

I dug out my PS3 from under my bed to watch some blu-rays but I can't find the power cable. Does anyone know if a PC power cable does the job?

Hixx

Heh the post was actually completely nuked, probably along with his account.

also that sucks. unbelievably huge spoiler to just drop in like that :/

Kyoufu

Good thing I don't really read OT anymore.

I also avoid actual game OTs in the gaming side because there is such a massive chance of some coño spoiling everything.

Hixx

It's descended into a book reader vs non reader thread now so it's probably best to stay out even if you have no interest in GoT anyway.

Also I had no idea Alan Partridge was on tonight. Fiddlesticks.

Arnie

Well I'm completely unspoilerable as far as A Song of Ice and Fire goes, sadly. Feels strange to have them read, but now they're finished, as I've been reading lots of additional theories and explanatory stuff I just want to read them all through again.

I've just started a book called ' The Psychopath Test', by Jon Ronson and it's excellent so far. It's based on factual events and it's very gripping and very funny.

kharma45

hmmm glad I gave up on Game of Thrones, otherwise I would be incredibly pissed off right now.

Went into the thread anyway, didn't see his post but I guess what he spoiled just from the first two pictures he posted.

Always figured he'd die.

Bar that, did he post anything else or is his post totally gone now?

Went into the thread anyway, didn't see his post but I guess what he spoiled just from the first two pictures he posted.

Always figured he'd die.

As did I but it gave some sense of the time frame and based on how the TV series is structured I'll know when to expect it :(

Fucking wanker.

Kyoufu

ok lets stop talking about it before it gets spoiled again.

I know you coños have openly talked about the books here before. :p

Arnie

Always figured he'd die.

You know nothing, Kharma45.

Clegg

I tried to troll the Euros thread by saying Spain played anti-football. I was surprised when people actually agreed with me :/

They play boring football but it's hardly the worst.

jtb

Banned
fuck the haters, anti-football is awesome. Inter Barcelona was a ridiculously great champions league tie, as was Chelsea Barcelona. Lots of energy, tension, drama, red cards, controversial ref decisions, and the like, and the contrasting styles makes for great entertainment. I love watching organized teams executing their tactical plans to perfection - whether that's with or without the ball. sure as hell beats teams like the Dutch in this Euros, who ran about like headless chickens with no idea what to do with the ball or how to get it back.

Fry

:p

Wait fry is from Brazil? WTF

Yes? I thought everyone knew that!

Fry is pretty awesome. Didn't know he was Brazilian. Guess he's excited for the World Cup then.

I hope Argentina and Brazil play each other, and Argentina vs Spain too.

I'm pretty excited, although skeptical about some things. I want to see how the stadiums will look at the end of their construction. I bet nothing awesome like the ones from South Africa, Germany etc.

Wessiej

According to Dutch TV: Heitinga, Mathijsen, Van der Vaart, Kuyt, Boulahrouz, Bouma, Van Bommel & Huntelaar are out for the Dutch Squad forever....wow......

Carbonox

My brain won't stop replaying that 'Call Me Maybe' song.

Thanks you bitch. Now it won't leave my head. One of the worst fucking songs I've heard in quite some years. I feel the urge to take a sledgehammer to the knees of those who find the that business card thing with the song's lyrics on it funny or charming or anything other than "LETS BURN THE CARD". :(

According to Dutch TV: Heitinga, Mathijsen, Van der Vaart, Kuyt, Boulahrouz, Bouma, Van Bommel & Huntelaar are out for the Dutch Squad forever....wow......

iZ9bFnQVgjKH3.png
iZ9bFnQVgjKH3.png
iZ9bFnQVgjKH3.png

Wow, would not really mind a similar exodus for the Russian squad.

Fry

WOW! And Robben stays?

EDIT: Fry is Brazilian?! I thought you were German. May I ask how you became a Bayern fan?

After the World Cup (which was when I started following european football). Most of my favorite players were from the NT (who are also from Bayern), so I started following. Schweine is still my favorite player.

elsk

Banned
hahaha, do we know who was the dutch national player that celebrated when Robben missed the penalty in the CL final?

Gambit

After the World Cup (which was when I started following european football). Most of my favorite players were from the NT (who are also from Bayern), so I started following. Schweine is still my favorite player.

That's as good a reason as any. Pretty cool, actually. He is mine, too. Although Müller and, to a lesser degree, Kroos are catching up. Müller because he is so 70s and Kroos because I expect him to become Schweini 2.0

Wessiej

hahaha, do we know who was the dutch national player that celebrated when Robben missed the penalty in the CL final?

All the shits is being thrown on TV right now, it were 'multiple players', so yeah...only person that acted normal there was Sneijder. Most irritating people were: Afellay, Van Persie and Van der Wiel.

elseanio

Thanks you bitch. Now it won't leave my head. One of the worst fucking songs I've heard in quite some years. I feel the urge to take a sledgehammer to the knees of those who find the that business card thing with the song's lyrics on it funny or charming or anything other than "LETS BURN THE CARD". :(

52a4t.jpg

Linius

Jack White was pretty awesome. And two Swedish sisters (First Aid Kit) for starters wasn't bad either.

Some news about the Dutch squad I see. Wouldn't be fine if Huntelaar never plays again. Don't really care about the others to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom