• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you bitch. Now it won't leave my head. One of the worst fucking songs I've heard in quite some years. I feel the urge to take a sledgehammer to the knees of those who find the that business card thing with the song's lyrics on it funny or charming or anything other than "LETS BURN THE CARD". :(

I'm not going to lie to you as a fellow Geordie. It's growing on me.

I feel like you're so angry because it's growing on you too, you're not ready to admit it yet but you will be!

Carbonox

I'm not going to lie to you as a fellow Geordie. It's growing on me.

I feel like you're so angry because it's growing on you too, you're not ready to admit it yet but you will be!

I cannot decide whether or not I'd spaff between her cheeks. On one hand she looks like she's 15 when in reality she's like 26 or some thing, plus this horrendous venom (to you the song) comes out of her mouth. On the other...awww who am I kidding. :(

Seriously though - the song is pure venom. I'm going to go listen to Friday to clean my ears. wat.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Fry is pretty awesome. Didn't know he was Brazilian. Guess he's excited for the World Cup then.

I hope Argentina and Brazil play each other, and Argentina vs Spain too.

fry8? I thought he was german...

Zabojnik

prima_pagina_m.jpg

Higuain and Suarez. Oh, Tuttosport.

Wessiej

Van Marwijk is staying,...unfortunately. So the players are gone.

Huntelaar & Van der Vaart because they were only wining about not being in the starting 11. Heitinga because he sucked so much during the EC (I don't know why???)

Wessiej

Didn't RVP suck the most?

Yes. And according to the same program he had an attitude like: 'I'm the best player of England, and who are you?'. So when another played asked him something he answered like that....so...

Same with Afellay, but then he said I play in Barcelona, and you? Stop talking against me.

Awesome team.

Lightning

Banned
I've known about the RVP for a couple of days but refused to say anything because I didn't want to portray RVP in a bad light. Arsenal caused this on him by this stupid media ban at the start of the tournament.

The rest is a surprise though. I hope van marwijk survives.

elsk

Banned
Tottenham Hotspur sign Hoffenheim's Gylfi Sigurdsson, according to Bild. Reportedly €10m fee. #THFC

Hahahaha, waiting for the english meltdowns.

spidye

Yes. And according to the same program he had an attitude like: 'I'm the best player of England, and who are you?'. So when another played asked him something he answered like that....so...

Same with Afellay, but then he said I play in Barcelona, and you? Stop talking against me.

Awesome team.

no wonder they lost all three games.
and what do they say about robben?

Wessiej

I've known about the RVP fora couple of days but refused to say anything because I didn't want to portray RVP in a bad light. Arsenal caused this on him by this stupid media ban at the start of the tournament.

I really really hope he quits. Boring football, unbelievable selection. Nope, kick him so hard he end up in Australia please.

no wonder they lost all three games.
and what do they say about robben?

He thinks he is the best player in the squad and at every match he said: 'No problem, I'm going to fix it.'

No ego whatsoever ;)

Hixx

Tottenham Hotspur sign Hoffenheim's Gylfi Sigurdsson, according to Bild. Reportedly €10m fee. #THFC

Good signing IF true. Lots will be shocked if he knocked back Liverpool but there's plenty of reasons to choose Spurs over them at the moment.

jtb

Banned
I think the dutch can be a functional, if not necessarily super attractive/world-beating side, by building the side around Sneijder. He's class, even if he hasn't shown it for a long fucking time (and he actually seemed to care about the national team, surprisingly). everyone else can, and should be, expendable.

especially Robben.

Wow. That would be a great replacement for Modric (if true), though I really wish we were in for him or Kagawa. They're exactly the kind of creative midfielder we need and both should be pretty cheap buys.

Kyoufu

Awesome team.

I've known about the RVP for a couple of days but refused to say anything because I didn't want to portray RVP in a bad light. Arsenal caused this on him by this stupid media ban at the start of the tournament.

Tbh, RVP sounds like a prick with an ego.

He'll fit right in at City :p

edit: Sigurdsson is fantastic. Hope he doesn't give us problems when we play Tottenham.

Balotelli

Banned
I don't see why he'd sign for Spurs when he could get a nice paycheck from Liverpool to play there, unless Rodgers decided he didn't want to be a ass but I doubt that. Plus 10 million isn't alot for a player of his class when you figure that the 15 million Liverpool offered to Adam Johnson was too low.

PS: I'm new, hello everyone. :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Fingers crossed. If he does sign, he wouldn't replace Modric, he would compete with VDV and take Kranjcar/Pienaar's role in the squad.

I feel bad, but I kind of want us to sign him just because of how funny it will be that Liverpool didn't get him. The reason being that I have a few friends that support Liverpool who won't shut up about this guy. Also they won't shut up about Lord of all Liverpool ITK Duncan Jenkins and everything he's being saying about Sigurdsson signing. It would be a nice cold slap across the face for them.

As for Sigurdsson himself, yeah he's a decent player. But I'm not really bothered for some reason. I don't really know where he'd play, that's probably why.

And Sigurdsson is a completely different player to Modric. He would not be a replacement for him.

jtb

Banned
I don't see why he'd sign for Spurs when he could get a nice paycheck from Liverpool to play there, unless Rodgers decided he didn't want to be a ass but I doubt that. Plus 10 million isn't alot for a player of his class when you figure that the 15 million Liverpool offered to Adam Johnson was too low.

welcome, loving the username/avatar combo.

edit: and let's not forget, Spurs have finished above Liverpool for three straight seasons. 4th, 5th (with a respectable CL run), and 4th again - versus working with a manager that you might like, but it was just six months. Spurs have a great squad already, Liverpool have huge amounts of rebuilding to do - easy to see why he might go for Spurs. If any of this is even true.

Lightning

Banned
I really really hope he quits. Boring football, unbelievable selection. Nope, kick him so hard he end up in Australia
Sorry buddy but I disagree. He led us to 2 successful qualifying campaigns. Yes he doesn't play the classy football we are use to seeing but under van basten we played great football but we didn't win. These last 3 matches aside he has been very successful in getting results. His selections annoyed me at times. Picking van bommel when we have better players for that position and playing sneijder out of position in the match against portugal really annoyed me but I still feel he is the best man for the job until de boer is ready to take over which I hope happens one day but not at this time.

Hello. Just don't act like Balo until you're a full member :lol

K1LLER7

I feel bad, but I kind of want us to sign him just because of how funny it will be that Liverpool didn't get him. The reason being that I have a few friends that support Liverpool who won't shut up about this guy. Also they won't shut up about Lord of all Liverpool ITK Duncan Jenkins and everything he's being saying about Sigurdsson signing. It would be a nice cold slap across the face for them.

As for Sigurdsson himself, yeah he's a decent player. But I'm not really bothered for some reason. I don't really know where he'd play, that's probably why.
You think Modric will leave?

Wessiej

Sorry buddy but I disagree. He led us to 2 successful qualifying campaigns. Yes he doesn't play the classy football we are use to seeing but under van basten we played great football but we didn't win. These last 3 matches aside he has been very successful in getting results. His selections annoyed me at times. Picking van bommel when we have better players for that position and playing sneijder out of position in the match against portugal really annoyed me but I still feel he is the best man for the job until de boer is ready to take over which I hope happens one day but not at this time.

Of course we won, but against who? WC2010, yeah we entered the final. We won barely against Japan, got lucky with an own goal against Denmark, just won from Slovenia and we played ONE GREAT HALF against Brazil. Poor match against Uruguay and we lost from Spain.

And the qualifications, don't get me started. Yeah we won from countries like Moldavia! and San Marino!

Last good Dutch match was EC2008.

Balotelli

Banned
Thanks everyone. :)

From my understanding a big thing about Glyfi was that he wants first team football because he's in his prime years now. That's what would be confusing to me about him going to Spurs considering he'd be benched in favor of VDV or Modric wheres some other club he would be starting. Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Reading in the running for him also?

Lightning

Banned
Tbh, RVP sounds like a prick with an ego.

He'll fit right in at City :
Fuck that shit. RVP is a fantastic leader and the best player in the Dutch squad. They obviously wound him up and didn't show the proper respect because he doesn't act that way with us and all his arsenal colleagues have nothing but nice things to say.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It could be Rafael leaving, I understand Modric plays as CM in Tottenham and Rafael as #10/CAM, no?

Yep, but VDV won't be leaving. He would be preferred to Sigurdsson but he can't play every game, Sigurdsson would get games in the cups and would probably be able to cover out wide in the way that Niko Kranjcar did. I fully expect us to start next season with fewer senior players but with a much more rotation-happy manager. Harry pissed on several good players while he was here.

Wessiej

Also, Vertonghen agreed with Tottenham, Ajax agreed with Tottenham. Ajax is still bitching with Vertonghen about a possible percentage of the transferfee. So he will be a Spurs player in 2/3 days.

Kyoufu

Kermit? Hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom