• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
barca should do everything they can to buy Mats Hummels, perfect center back for us.

do itttttttttttt.

Feels soo good to know that even Barca has no chance to get him unless we're talking about some crazy 80m shit. Hummels is our best player, a true leader and future captain who also became a total Dortmunder. Selling him would be like selling Klopp to Bayern, just won't happen.

Yen

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
Have heard from two seperate, reliable sources that Wenger has ended interest in Yann M'Vila due to players behaviour in last few months

dc89

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
Have heard from two seperate, reliable sources that Wenger has ended interest in Yann M'Vila due to players behaviour in last few months

PLEASE! Please let the fact Vieira went to watch him mean something.

dc89

Anyone know if this a credible publication :p

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Football/2012/Jun-25/178126-manchester-city-planning-$124-million-swoop-for-cavani-falcao.ashx#axzz1yswFvGt6

dc89

839b24fc.jpg

Wilbury, is that you?

pappe

Anyone know if this a credible publication :p

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Football/2012/Jun-25/178126-manchester-city-planning-$124-million-swoop-for-cavani-falcao.ashx#axzz1yswFvGt6

Guys! Just for 1 second imagine if this does come true!

Silva Aguero Falcao and Cavani in the same side!

Silva Aguero and Falcao / Silva Aguero and Cavani!

You may be right in a sense but we do need a fourth winger nonetheless. Rotating 3 wingers next season (even supposing the miracle situation in which they stay fit) would be a fucking farce.

Welbeck and Kagawa can rotate on the wings, if necessary. I'd rather play either there ahead of Young, honestly. But I'm sure Young will score some ridiculous goals to start the season and shut me up. And Park's not been sold yet.

Gylfi must have seen that Liverpool third kit and changed his mind.

Wait. He's going to Spurs? Thought him and Rodgers were besties.

Maldini is 44 today. I'm really proud that I was able to see him play live, truly a legend who has played for Milan for 25 years. So many memories, seeing him lift the CL in Manchester, 40 years after his father, was incredible, just like four years later in Athens. I wonder if his son will play in the first team as well, I know for sure that he was accepted in one of our youth teams, that would be amazing.

Random video tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRy4Y_Q9_U

So much class, and he was able to play when he was 40 just like when he was 25. Well, almost every time.

Gambit

lol

Btw, bayern gaf, imagine we would have won the CL final! It still hurts :/

I imagine that every night when I go to bed and every morning when I wake up.

Thinking: Heynckes, just leave it be. Let the game continue for the last few mins.
DON'T SUB MÜLLER!

Anyway, football will never be the same for me again. I have now distanced myself emotionally and only watch it as I would a soap opera.

wonder how long that'll last

Kem0sabe

I imagine that every night when I go to bed and every morning when I wake up.

Thinking: Heynckes, just leave it be. Let the game continue for the last few mins.
DON'T SUB MÜLLER!

Anyway, football will never be the same for me again. I have now distanced myself emotionally and only watch it as I would a soap opera.

wonder how long that'll last

I was almost catatonic after Portugal lost the euro final in home soil. Everything looses meaning for a moment. :(

lol what

new Puma leaks:
d6Stt.jpg

I'm starting to think Puma is just fucking with us. That's the 4th leaked BVB shirt and three of those look like home shirts. I guess the one on the right is real, though.

Splatt

Maldini is 44 today. I'm really proud that I was able to see him play live, truly a legend who has played for Milan for 25 years. So many memories, seeing him lift the CL in Manchester, 40 years after his father, was incredible, just like four years later in Athens. I wonder if his son will play in the first team as well, I know for sure that he was accepted in one of our youth teams, that would be amazing.

Random video tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRy4Y_Q9_U

So much class, and he was able to play when he was 40 just like when he was 25. Well, almost every time.

Wow. Didn't know Maldini's birthday is the same day as mine. That makes him even more awesome.

elseanio

Giroud passed his medical and all that. Is Podolski also confirmed?

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Arsenal confirm France international striker Olivier Giroud has agreed to join club on long-term contract #bbcfootball

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Surely the signing of Podolski and Giroud signal the end of RVP's career at Arsenal?

You would think so. Walcott is starting to look surplus to requirements as well.

Vertonghen:
"I thought this would happen much sooner, Tottenham was fast, serious and concrete.

"Look, Ajax wants what is best for themselves, and I go with myself - that is life, but I have always been good with the fans and the club, I just did not take into account it would take this long."

Ajax stop being dicks, please.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not a fan of his. I cant have seen another top side having given him the playing time Arsenal have over the last few years so any move he makes will be a step back in his career.

It's an awkward one really. He's only 23 but Chamberlain already looks a far better prospect. With Gervinho already offering a similarly speedy option, I don't see why Arsenal would be that interested in retaining him, he has totally failed to progress as a player. When you look at how players like Chamberlain and Bale, who both came from Southampton like Theo, have developed, it's hard to see why he deserves to play for a top club. He's already reached his ceiling.

Thiago wants a new contract after the whole PSG crap. He wants €7.5m per year. Galliani has already called Leonardo to negotiate his transfer to Paris.
Wow. Didn't know Maldini's birthday is the same day as mine. That makes him even more awesome.
Happy birthday!

It's an awkward one really. He's only 23 but Chamberlain already looks a far better prospect. With Gervinho already offering a similarly speedy option, I don't see why Arsenal would be that interested in retaining him, he has totally failed to progress as a player. When you look at how players like Chamberlain and Bale, who both came from Southampton like Theo, have developed, it's hard to see why he deserves to play for a top club. He's already reached his ceiling.

Yeah I agree with this even though I quite like Walcott. Very inconsistent and he annoys me when he puts a crap cross in, but my god, when he is on it, he is on it! Destroys defenders with his pace at times, and he's quite a good finisher. But he needs to move on.

He himself recognises this though. He's been quite public with his frustrations of playing on the wing; "I'm not a winger"; he wants to play up front. Whilst I do think he has the potential to be a fantastic striker, I just don't know where he will get that opportunity. Wenger's recent signings mean it wont be at Arsenal.

@jasonf904: @BenSmithBBC do you know if it is true that spurs have beaten lfc to the gylfi deal?

@BenSmithBBC: @jasonf904 yes

@BenSmithBBC: @DamianConnor @gfarnan I'm told others offered more than a third more in wages

Liverpool must really have low-balled him with their offer. Maybe the higher-ups took the whole Rodgers factor for granted. Just speculating though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom