• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Post 2006 buys: Andrade €10m Almiron €8m Poulsen €10m Tiago €13m Diego €25m Melo €25m Martinez €12m =

€103m

Mostly this guy..
secco-large-470x281.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeh Sagna never looked shaky defensively, easily one of the best RB's in the EPL and the difference when he is out of the side is massive.

Sagna of 18 months ago? No doubt. Of course he is missed because the back-ups at Arsenal are utter toilet, but the Sagna of last season was below his usual standards. He was playing like Clichy, giving his man space to whip crosses in and not pressing the ball adequately.

Arnie

Just woken up, seen Spurs have offered more, great deal for them. Not distraught though, I don't want to start offering ridiculous wages to 22 year olds, and if Spurs want to start offering a third more then that's their business. We've been shafted by wages in the past so I'm glad we're being prudent here, even if it does mean we're missing out on a great talent.

In other news my beard trimmer from Amazon arrived, about to give this bad boy a go, looking a bit trampish at the moment.

Arnie

You make sure to keep that one hair at a respectable length, Arnie.
I'm thinking 1.5 mm. Might take this puppy to my pubic region later, it's really versatile.
LFC fans, what do you think of Borini? He likes Rodgers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVVQ9FgP2WI

He's a great poacher and I'm sure him and Rodgers get on swimmingly, but as was reiterated with the Sigurdsson deal, relationships aren't everything. He was signed by Roma a couple of days ago.

PaulLFC

You are really clutching at straws if the man who is bringing you news on Ger Canning is the man bringing your transfer exclusives.
Where did I say that? I said we should wait and see what happens and not make assumptions. We have no idea what the guy knows and doesn't know, no idea of who he may have as contacts for information, etc.

What do you think of the Lacina Traore bit? Don't think we'd go for a colossal 22 year old Ivorian when we have a colossal 22 year old Geordie
Same, if we keep hold of Carroll I can't see us wanting or needing Traore.

Santos, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Djourou, Squillaci. Sagna has also had two leg breaks in a year and looks shaky defensively. Szczesny is also gaffe-prone and needs an experienced back-up. Had it not been for RVP, those clowns would have seen you finish well outside the top 4, they are not reliable defenders and sides like Norwich and Wigan were making even Vermaelen and Koscielny look utterly stupid towards the end of the season.

Harsh to say Szczesny is gaf-prone. He won us alot more points than he lost last season. Experienced backup in any position is a plus, but there are few better young GKs around.

Santos and Gibbs split opinion. I've got no worries about the two, personally. Santos is shocking tactically but when faced up against a winger he's very reliable. Gibbs is very key to our possession play and offers a useful outlet. Solid in the air too. Gibbs and Sagna returning coincided with an immediate return to form last season also (before Arteta got injured).

Mertesacker is in line to really challenge Vermaelen for his spot imo. Not a bad year all round by any stretch. Definitely not horrendous.

Djourou and definitely Squillaci won't be Arsenal players next season. The latter is close to a free transfer to Bastia and Djourou's been told to look for another club. A new CB should come in with their departures.

Our problem lies with the protection of our defence which Arsene seems to want to rectify (linked to M'Vila, Biglia and a host of other DMs who block passing channels). Any back four as exposed as ours often is would concede plenty of goals.

What can Feyenoord and Eresdivisie followers tell me about our (possible) new signing Karim El Ahmadi?

I saw bud mention that he's brilliant. I think that's a good sign :)

Kyoufu

He's a great poacher and I'm sure him and Rodgers get on swimmingly, but as was reiterated with the Sigurdsson deal, relationships aren't everything. He was signed by Roma a couple of days ago.

He's good. Would take him gladly, but there was just a blind auction between Parma and Roma, and Roma won. If Parma had one, they probably would have sold him on to us, but Roma won and he's apparently happy to stay there, them wanting to keep him as well.

Oh right. He's in the Euro 2012 squad I think. Wonder why he doesn't get a crack at goal.

Where did I say that? I said we should wait and see what happens and not make assumptions. We have no idea what the guy knows and doesn't know, no idea of who he may have as contacts for information, etc.

Same, if we keep hold of Carroll I can't see us wanting or needing Traore.

Yeah, I bet clubs are lining up to steal him away.

TrueBlue

No, it would be unjust.

What would be hilarious is if someone whose wife he has shagged kicked his teeth in.

Innocent until proven guilty. Which he most likely will be, but whatever.

Also Borini: talented player, was disappointed when we let him go.

Yen

Ok, I'm just saying, I would doubt a gaelic football reporter is privvy to transfer deals involving Uruguayans at Bologna.

Well it wouldn't be the first time an Italian club buys someone just to either loan them out or re sell them a week or two later. Parma were probably dumb enough to have some small ass agreed fee in the loan contract, so it would only make sense for Roma to trigger it.

Edit : Oh, see they already owned his 50% and blind auctioned the other 50.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yenrot said:
Ok, I'm just saying, I would doubt a gaelic football reporter is privvy to transfer deals involving Uruguayans at Bologna.
I don't think they'll let him go for less than 20-25M.

PaulLFC

I was being pedantic. I also doubt that Sky Italia or Gazetta del whatever are the most reliable sources of transfer news.
Neither are SSN or 99% of the other sources quoted here and elsewhere but they're still quoted. It's the transfer window, things get silly.

John Bennett ‏@JohnBennettBBC
Sigurdsson transfer turning into a saga. The move to #LFC looked a certainty 2 wks ago. Now Spurs favourites? Still think that could change.

Gylfi's dad says he's currently undecided so I'm going with that and I'll wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom