• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh aye.

-

I feel a bit bad constantly ragging on Craig Gardner after reading this. Top bloke.
If only his feet were as nice as his... brain?

-

Just finished Ballad of Gay Tony for the first time. Don't get why people love it so much... sure it was good and fucking hilarious but I preferred TLaD of the two expansions. I've not played TLaD in a while, so I think I'll start that next...

I liked TLaD more too.

Blablurn

from the u21 euro 2009... the final was against italy :-o

4,h=343.bild.jpg

3,h=343.bild.jpg

3,h=343.bild.jpg

4,h=343.bild.jpg

balotelli vs boateng :D

4,h=343.bild.jpg

4,h=343.bild.jpg

3,h=343.bild.jpg

Zabojnik

No need to draw comparisons or look back in time, Germany got this. The XI you're going to face is vastly inferior to Germany.

I don't know about 'vastly'. German nouvelle vague players are getting a lot attention and deservingly so, and Germany certainly is the better side. But if Italy had a world-class striker ... I don't know, man. I think that the six vs. four days of rest will play a big, big role in this semi.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know about 'vastly'. German nouvelle vague players are getting a lot attention and deservingly so, and Germany certainly is the better side. But if Italy had a world-class striker ... I don't know, man. I think that the six vs. four days of rest will play a big, big role in this semi.

Mainly this, I indirectly referred to it :p

I don't know what we're going to do without a fully fit Chiellini, De Rossi, Abate and Maggio. Prandelli's squad is baffling.

Mario is going to start again, because he's the only..uhh..number 9 available. And I expect more of the same.

Edit: Italy can defeat Germany with this XI imo: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Balzaretti, Marchisio, Pirlo, De Rossi, Abate(or Maggio); Cassano(or Gio), Di Natale.

Hixx

I'm gonna get both TLaD and Ballad of Gay Tony. How many hours is that of more GTA IV?

Also, I don't need to have Xbox Live Gold, right? Mine expired today.

20-25, more if you do everything. TBoGT took me 10 hours but I still have loads of drug things to do.

Bumhead

Banned
What's wrong with Friday night football?

Nobody's interested. It's almost never to the benefit of the fans of either club involved. In our case, it also disrupts one of the biggest games of our season (and one of the biggest games outside the Premiership next year).

I just hate the way they can pick a fixture up and move it for nobody's benefit but theirs. Football in England is best when it's at 3pm on a Saturday.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Isla interviewed in Chile, wearing this ...

http://shrani.si/f/w/cX/4kocpT2C/isla.jpg[img]

[IMG]https://p.twimg.com/AwU8BaZCAAIJXj9.jpg[IMG]

One of us! I adore him already. Isla and Vidal next year. Cannot fucking wait. [IMG]http://www.tifosibianconeri.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/@@.gif

I loved it
@@.gif
@@.gif
@@.gif

267543.png

mauricio-isla.jpg

250006748.jpg

We'll work on that Asamoah <3

Fry

you should definitely try the expansions.
I especially loved BOGT. felt more like the older GTA's than GTA4, which is a very good thing.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting it. It'll be a brilliant thing to revive GTA IV. It's one of the best games ever.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting it. It'll be a brilliant thing to revive GTA IV. It's one of the best games ever.

Fry, you think Ibra is the best striker of all time and GTA is one of the best games ever?

What else are you hiding?

You're the worst Brazilian model ever.

Fry

Fry, you think Ibra is the best striker of all time and GTA is one of the best games ever?

What else are you hiding?

You're the worst Brazilian model ever.

ibpnWB3oZFV1J1.gif

Nedved has the best hair a football player has ever had.

That would be unfair to Mario Gomez, so forget I said that

Meier

My favorite taco joint retweeted a Twitter user name "@ArsenalGunner" so I had to check him out.. this suit and its fit is heinous. It looks like a leather jacket but I don't think it is..

ArsenalGunner.jpg

PaulLFC

There you go...
I do think he's Spurs-bound now but Goal.com is one of the worst sources around, they'll just be going off what's already been reported by Ben Smith etc. Duncan is saying it could happen (Gylfi to Spurs) but isn't confirming it outright. Just says if he's wrong he'll hold his hands up, so it would seem he still thinks we may have a chance. Who knows... I'll wait for the news to hit Spurs' site (or ours if we do decide to up our offer and he changes his mind).

Kompany voiced his concerns over FFP on his Twitter saying its destroyed dreams and other teams will simply not be able to compete with the top now because they can't use financial muscle.

I can't wait for the first club to take UEFA to court - experts looked at it and they used Cty as an example and they said they have a very strong case and could win on anti-competition grounds.
Anti-competitive? Really?
KuGsj.gif

If anything is anti-competitive it's clubs like City spending hundreds of millions buying entire world-class-level squads in the space of a year or two. It's ridiculous to suggest that FFP would actually make the league less competitive. If it carries on as it is with City and the like being able to buy who they want for however much they want, within a few years we'll likely see City winning the league almost every year. So much for competition.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My favorite taco joint retweeted a Twitter user name "@ArsenalGunner" so I had to check him out.. this suit and its fit is heinous. It looks like a leather jacket but I don't think it is..

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2203359778/ArsenalGunner.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's not a [URL="http://richvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Suit-Pajamas.jpg"]suit[/URL]!

[quote="Fry8, post: 39260922"]

[spoiler]Nedved has the best hair a football player has ever had.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]That would be unfair to Mario Gomez, so forget I said that[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjrhhQ4yqPI"]Figo disagrees.[/URL]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/b5pbi.png

elsk

Banned
Bayern sign Wolfsburg's Mario Mandzukic on a three-year deal, according to "Bild". About €13m fee. Official announcement expected tomorrow.

:D

Meier

Anybody familiar with Sergi Samper? Supposedly a Barca youth talent we're trying to prize away. Talksport has a lot of nice things to say about him.. he isn't a big prospect in Football Manager so I'm clueless about him.
Manchester City's big money exploits are well known, but the Citizens are also looking to bring in some fresh young prospects to the Etihad early and continue to develop their talent. FC Barcelona's youth academy is a breeding ground of future world-class talent, and midfielder Sergi Samper is one of the biggest prospects yet to emerge from the Catalan capital. talkSPORT's Talent Spotter has the expert opinion on the teen many are calling the next Cesc Fabregas...

THE NITTY GRITTY
Name: Sergi Samper
Position: Midfielder
Club: FC Barcelona
Date of birth: 20 January 1995
Place of birth: Barcelona, Spain

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...al-next-xavi-barcelona-talksport-talen-175272

elsk

Banned
Anybody familiar with Sergi Samper? Supposedly a Barca youth talent we're trying to prize away. Talksport has a lot of nice things to say about him.. he isn't a big prospect in Football Manager so I'm clueless about him.

He's my main CM in FIFA when I use low budget teams. Typical Barcelona CM: Good passer, good vision, bad in defending.

Kyoufu

I do think he's Spurs-bound now but Goal.com is one of the worst sources around, they'll just be going off what's already been reported by Ben Smith etc. Duncan is saying it could happen (Gylfi to Spurs) but isn't confirming it outright. Just says if he's wrong he'll hold his hands up, so it would seem he still thinks we may have a chance. Who knows... I'll wait for the news to hit Spurs' site (or ours if we do decide to up our offer and he changes his mind).

Anti-competitive? Really?
KuGsj.gif

If anything is anti-competitive it's clubs like City spending hundreds of millions buying entire world-class-level squads in the space of a year or two. It's ridiculous to suggest that FFP would actually make the league less competitive. If it carries on as it is with City and the like being able to buy who they want for however much they want, within a few years we'll likely see City winning the league almost every year. So much for competition.

Buying players for high prices and winning the league every year. You're talking about Man United right? :p

Lightning

Banned
I hope AVB does join spurs as manager as I think he will do a great job there and is their best bet if they want champions league football. I can't for the life of me see what spurs or spurs fans see in Blanc... He is just not that good at his job.

Kyoufu

Does anyone know how good Ola Toivonen is? Supposedly we have the option of buying him for 10 million Euros. A good amount cheaper than De Jong.

Bayern sign Wolfsburg's Mario Mandzukic on a three-year deal, according to "Bild". About &#8364;13m fee. Official announcement expected tomorrow.

:D

I had money on this. Great news!

I'm sure Greg has his own sources. He certainly has them at Tottenham, and he said he spoke to his source at Liverpool. I can't remember him getting something completely wrong before either (although it's obviously possible). But I would follow him into the mists of Avalon so to speak.

PaulLFC

Buying players for high prices and winning the league every year. You're talking about Man United right? :p
The main difference for me though is that United have earned their success through how profitable they are, and they've built up that profitability over a number of years (mainly during the Sky era, but still). As much as I dislike them, I have to give them credit for the success because they've used the money they've earned to achieve it, and kept investing the money from that success back in to sustain it. City on the other hand, have been presented with a bottomless pit of money as a consequence of being taken over, and it's that money that has funded their success, not money they've earned through the club itself.

Kyoufu

The main difference for me though is that United have earned their success through how profitable they are, and they've built up that profitability over a number of years (mainly during the Sky era, but still). As much as I dislike them, I have to give them credit for the success because they've used the money they've earned to achieve it, and kept investing the money from that success back in to sustain it. City on the other hand, have been presented with a bottomless pit of money as a consequence of being taken over, and it's that money that has funded their success, not money they've earned through the club itself.

Agreed, Man United did grab the bull by the horns with sheer talent and achieve success through profitability without artificial money. Though if Chelsea and City didn't have endless cash, would it be fair to say Arsenal deserve credit for the competition they brought to Man United without having to swim in oil money?

PaulLFC

Agreed, Man United did grab the bull by the horns with sheer talent and achieve success through profitability without artificial money. Though if Chelsea and City didn't have endless cash, would it be fair to say Arsenal deserve credit for the competition they brought to Man United without having to swim in oil money?
It would, Arsenal did very well with their resources and even managed to build a new stadium, something we seem to be struggling to justify cost-wise at the moment. They're still signing some quality players too (e.g. Giroud), so they've definitely done a good job with the money they have. The stadium must help them now too, weren't they the first club to introduce standard tickets that cost over £100? If people will buy them though, it's a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom