• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think I'm giving FIFA a miss for the first time in a few years. I've started to enjoy them less and less every year. The fact the game feels like a fix at times doesn't help.

Also not particularly enamoured with the Messi-centric cover. I completely understand why they'll use him, but now they've got the deal is he going to be the face of every FIFA instalment (street and all) from here on in? It was bad enough that Rooney was a shoe in for the last lot of years, but at least we had a few other players beside him for the most part. Bring back Wayne!

elsk

Banned
EA will announce the new latin american spanish narrators on July 5

532152_450008341684112_116609194_n.jpg

Expecting the worst already...

Clegg

It wouldn't surprise me if United signed Rodriguez. He's a winger right now but I've read that his future lies as a playmaker, playing through the middle.

United were after Hazard and Kagawa. IMO this suggests that SAF is after versatile forwards that can play with pace and can also rotate positions during a match. Now that Hazard is a no go, Rodriguez has probably been identified as the player to go with Kagawa.

I just don't want him signed as a Nani replacement.

Think I'm giving FIFA a miss for the first time in a few years.

I'm inclined to agree. I liked 12 well enough (broken career and all), and unless they make monumental upgrades in 13 (outside of including United's new picnic blanket kit), I'll pass on this year's edition.

Plus it fits in with the every other year/ every couple of years pattern I like to take with purchasing sports games. I'll give the developers time to actually make substantial changes to the game, instead of paying full price every year for what essentially amounts to roster upgrades.

Clegg said:
It wouldn't surprise me if United signed Rodriguez. He's a winger right now but I've read that his future lies as a playmaker, playing through the middle.

United were after Hazard and Kagawa. IMO this suggests that SAF is after versatile forwards that can play with pace and can also rotate positions during a match. Now that Hazard is a no go, Rodriguez has probably been identified as the player to go with Kagawa.

I just don't want him signed as a Nani replacement.

Agreed. Any word on Nani's contract negotiations? Or have they been put on pause until after the Euros?

Copenhagen interested in Kirk Broadfoot from Rangers... Now Broadfoot is a damn awesome name, I want him just to have that on the back of a shirt.

K1LLER7

I'd be honest, if there was a chance of United signing a top quality winger like Pedro, who IMO is really underrated, and selling Nani for 25-30m, I'd take it. True that on his day, Nani is the best in the league but he's way too inconsistant for me. He could have one good game and then 3/4 average games.

Kyoufu

After the last 24 hours I've got a sneaking suspicion he'll end up signing for Spurs.

My own dumbfounded guess is he'll stay at Lille if Newcastle don't cough up the cash, and by the looks of it he seems to be too expensive for us :(

He has been at Lille since the dawn of time and doesn't really have much desire to play anywhere else unless it's with Cabaye.

So Cabaye and Debuchy to Spurs confirmed then!

Clegg

I meant to. And then I saw that she looks like skeletor and got put off.

JCqZT.jpg

Shes a wonderful singer though. Its not all about appearance.

But I agree that she doesn't look great.

But it's understandable imo. She was raped when she was 12.

That pretty much made a mess of her life for years. Drugs and alcolol abuse.

Shes a wonderful singer though. Its not all about appearance.

But I agree that she doesn't look great.

But it's understandable imo. She was raped when she was 12.

That pretty much made a mess of her life for years. Drugs and alcolol abuse.

I still plan on listening. That picture just distracted me enough to place it on hold.

Charles

Following that whole soap-opera was really depressing, Deschamp
ion
s was right.

My sister actually agrees with her. She likes him, but doesn't think he's all that.

Awesome! Add me then :D

Unless it's a family-only twitter or something like that.
Added you, sorry it took so long

Meier

I was deadly serious yesterday, guys.

Listen to Fiona Apple.

I listened to Tidal again recently for the first time in probably 10 years.. it's still good but I think I liked it more when I was younger. Criminal video was so damn hot.. that recent picture of her is very depressing. :(

Saw her open for Coldplay back in 2005 or thereabouts. She's very good live although I didn't know any of the new stuff at the time.

Meier

I can't believe she wrote that song when she was 19?

I'm sure I knew at the time, but I had no idea now that she was so young when Tidal came out.. wow. That photo above made me think she must be at least 40-45 now but I guess she's only 34. Rough.

Clegg

I can't believe she wrote that song when she was 19?

She was probably even younger when she first wrote the song.

She had plenty of experiences to draw upon.

Her life has been fucked up since the age of 12.

But she really is musically talented.

Feorax

Latest rumours seem to be Gylfi wants 70k a week from us... to match what Spurs are offering.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Meier

Latest rumours seem to be Gylfi wants 70k a week from us... to match what Spurs are offering.

Yeah, good luck with that.

That works out to under $6 million a year which is a mid level salary in many sports in America. Even if he doubled that with performance and participation bonuses (which he wouldn't, but just spitballing), that still isn't extraordinary and would certainly be in line with what he'd be due. We have a very different perspective here I suppose.

Henry is probably amazed at how little he has to pay some of these guys.

Feorax

Hence I expect we wont make the same mistakes again, especially whilst we are stuck with their shitty contracts.

Dont think Suarez is on much more than 65k.

Meier

Here are the top 10 salaries for players on the Red Sox for reference (many of them get big bonuses in addition to these, but here's the base salary):

Code:
RK	PLAYER	        Salary (US$)
1	Adrian Gonzalez	21,857,143
2	Josh Beckett	17,000,000
3	David Ortiz	14,575,000
4	Kevin Youkilis	12,250,000
5	Daisuke Matsuzaka	10,333,333
6	Dustin Pedroia	8,250,000
7	Jon Lester	7,625,000
8	Clay Buchholz	3,750,000
9	Jarrod Saltalamacchia	2,500,000
10	Ryan Sweeney	1,750,000

Kyoufu

So do we.

Alan Smith :/

Smith is gone.

We can't fix the mistakes already made. Who would sign Joe Cole at £100k per week? If we were to release him, we would have to pay ~ £10m.

Yeah I mean with future signings.

Here are the top 10 salaries for players on the Red Sox for reference (many of them get big bonuses in addition to these, but here's the base salary):

Code:
RK	PLAYER	        Salary (US$)
1	Adrian Gonzalez	21,857,143
2	Josh Beckett	17,000,000
3	David Ortiz	14,575,000
4	Kevin Youkilis	12,250,000
5	Daisuke Matsuzaka	10,333,333
6	Dustin Pedroia	8,250,000
7	Jon Lester	7,625,000
8	Clay Buchholz	3,750,000
9	Jarrod Saltalamacchia	2,500,000
10	Ryan Sweeney	1,750,000

How does Baseball make so much money? It's the most boring shite I've seen. Would rather watch school girls play Rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom