• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavani is a man's mancrush. He's a warrior.

This is a warrior:

count.jpg

This is an ugly man:

NapoliforwardEdinsonCavani.jpg

Kyoufu

That's it Will. You and I are at odds.

Watched the Messi vs World XI and Cavani was oozing sex appeal. Dat hair. Dat flair.

He is, as morsel says, a man's mancrush.

That's it Will. You and I are at odds.

Watched the Messi vs World XI and Cavani was oozing sex appeal. Dat hair. Dat flair.

He is, as morsel says, a man's mancrush.

We each have to pick a current Newcastle player to represent us in a fight to the death.

I choose Tiote.

GorillaJu

Tim Krul would beat the living fuck out of Tiote. Dude's limbs are like willow branches man.

I've always had a mancrush on Cavani. He's incredible *swoon*

GorillaJu

Cavani is ok in pictures but in motion he's something else. He moves with dynamism - something your girly peasant mancrushes like Llorente will never have. In the recent Stars vs Masters game, in the pouring rain, his hair flying about wildly... Fuck me, next time I don't feel like getting into foreplay, I'm just gonna play some Cavani highlights and my gf will be wetter than Salazar at a girl band concert.

rodvik

Our Villa kits came in the mail today. They are damn impressive.

Sweet! Thanks for the reminder. Ordering.

Haha, brilliant. Some lad has sent Twitter into meltdown with this:

"Italiant journalist Sto Scherzando has confirmed on Twitter that Napoli have given Liverpool permission to talk to Edinson Cavani."

Great work
KuGsj.gif

If this happened I wouldnt even be mad. It would be great to see Cavani in the PL. I am still pinching myself Hulk is probably gonna be playing!

elsk

Banned
So... where's Krasic going? haha. I saw my brother photo with him today and reminded me of that bench warmer guy :D

sohois

Cavani kind of reminds me of Tim Riggins, but just uglier. Based on Taylor Kitsch's recent career I'm therefore going to assume that Cavani is going to have a massive money move but will flop horribly.

I actually though John Carter was a good film

Messi

Cavani kind of reminds me of Tim Riggins, but just uglier. Based on Taylor Kitsch's recent career I'm therefore going to assume that Cavani is going to have a massive money move but will flop horribly.

I actually though John Carter was a good film

Tim-Riggins-tim-riggins-24296952-400-225.gif

I unashamedly have a huge man crush on Riggins

Lightning

Banned
I hate twitter rumours. There are just so many of them and majority of them are a huge wind up.

And Arsenal fans how do you feel about Aaron Ramsey potentially being loaned out? I'm against it personally as I think he would develop more with us and definitely adds squad depth.

jtb

Banned
I hate twitter rumours. There are just so many of them and majority of them are a huge wind up.

And Arsenal fans how do you feel about Aaron Ramsey potentially being loaned out? I'm against it personally as I think he would develop more with us and definitely adds squad depth.

He should stay because he's both good enough (he tailed off in a big way at the end of this season, but that's understandable given it's his first full season back from the leg break) and he'll probably get loads of games. It's more important to loan out the deadwood (Denilson!!!!!!!) and the ones who aren't ready (Frimpong, Coquelin, maybe Miyaichi) than someone like Ramsey. It also doesn't help that he's been playing out of position - I saw him more in the role Arteta plays rather than at the top of the midfield three, where Wenger stuck him for the majority of the season.

but if M'Vila comes in and Wilshere is given time to fully rehabilitate and manages makes it back for the start of the season, I would be a bit annoyed, but not much more, should Ramsey be loaned out. As it is, Arteta/Song/M'Vila/Wilshere/Rosicky/Ramsey - that's a decent amount of competition for three spots and if RVP stays, there might only be two central midfield roles (along with a support striker). it just depends on all the other transfer activity and Wenger's tactics.

Lightning

Banned
He should stay because he's both good enough (he tailed off in a big way at the end of this season, but that's understandable given it's his first full season back from the leg break) and he'll probably get loads of games. It's more important to loan out the deadwood (Denilson!!!!!!!) and the ones who aren't ready (Frimpong, Coquelin, maybe Miyaichi) than someone like Ramsey. It also doesn't help that he's been playing out of position - I saw him more in the role Arteta plays rather than at the top of the midfield three, where Wenger stuck him for the majority of the season.

but if M'Vila comes in and Wilshere is given time to fully rehabilitate and manages makes it back for the start of the season, I would be a bit annoyed, but not much more, should Ramsey be loaned out. As it is, Arteta/Song/M'Vila/Wilshere/Rosicky/Ramsey - that's a decent amount of competition for three spots and if RVP stays, there might only be two central midfield roles (along with a support striker). it just depends on all the other transfer activity and Wenger's tactics.
1) Wenger is angry at M'Vila for his attitude at the Euros. As we know Wenger takes the French national team quite seriously but this from what I've read has caused problems in the transfer.

2) A rumour but RVP has been offered a 225k a week contract from Man City that rumours say he has accepted. Since we are not going to offer him anywhere near that we may as well start planning our season without him since I doubt he's staying. Much as I wish he would.

I agree about Ramsey though. I think he has a lot of talent and really want him to stay. One thing we need to remember is that Rosicky is injury prone and getting on in years and Wilshere I am still concerned with rehgarding his injuries. The problem is Ramsey doesn't have Arteta's footballing brain yet and doesn't defend well whereas Arteta defends briliantly and has an extremely accurate pass and a decent shot. If Arteta's fit he has to start, especially against the big teams, because realistically he's just that good in our system.

GorillaJu

Liverpool attempt to hijack Spurs’ move for Gylfi Sigurdsson

Tony Barrett
Published at 12:01AM, June 27 2012

Liverpool have not given up hope of winning the race to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, but will not bow to the midfielder’s wage demands in a last-ditch attempt to prevent him from signing for Tottenham Hotspur.

Sigurdsson, 22, seems set to join Tottenham from Hoffenheim in a deal potentially worth £8 million.

Though accepting their status as outsiders for his signature, Liverpool’s interest in the Iceland international remains strong and their hopes of outflanking Spurs rest on the strength of Sigurdsson’s relationship with Brendan Rodgers, his former manager at Swansea City.

Tottenham, who are yet to appoint a replacement for Harry Redknapp as manager, should be able to offer higher personal terms as they look to reinvest some of the proceeds that they are expected to receive from Luka Modric’s likely transfer to Real Madrid.

Sigurdsson would be seen as a different type of midfielder to Modric, who is believed to have agreed a contract with the Spanish champions. Tottenham have asked to sign Nuri Sahin and Ricardo Carvalho, the former Chelsea defender, in exchange.

Sahin, the Turkey midfielder, has expressed an interest in a transfer, having played only four times for Real after his move from Borussia Dortmund last summer, while Hamburg are trying to re-sign Rafael van der Vaart, who last played for the German club in 2008.

Spurs’ bid to complete the signing of Jan Vertonghen has been held up because the defender believes that he is entitled to 15 per cent of the agreed fee of £9.7 million, rising by £2.3 million based on appearances and success.

The North London club are also back in for Leandro Damião, the Internacional forward who has two years on his deal. The Brazil striker is valued close to £20 million.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3457504.ece

More on the Sigurdsson saga

Salazar

Hope Spurs blow lots of money early.

Really don't need them taking the piss towards the end of the window, even if Harry is no longer about.

jtb

Banned
1) Wenger is angry at M'Vila for his attitude at the Euros. As we know Wenger takes the French national team quite seriously but this from what I've read has caused problems in the transfer.

2) A rumour but RVP has been offered a 225k a week contract from Man City that rumours say he has accepted. Since we are not going to offer him anywhere near that we may as well start planning our season without him since I doubt he's staying. Much as I wish he would.

I agree about Ramsey though. I think he has a lot of talent and really want him to stay. One thing we need to remember is that Rosicky is injury prone and getting on in years and Wilshere I am still concerned with rehgarding his injuries. The problem is Ramsey doesn't have Arteta's footballing brain yet and doesn't defend well whereas Arteta defends briliantly and has an extremely accurate pass and a decent shot. If Arteta's fit he has to start, especially against the big teams, because realistically he's just that good in our system.

Arteta has been a revelation this season - he's been the Alonso-type midfielder this side has been crying out for years for, and you're right, Ramsey's not quite there yet. But, he'll need rest, and he can be shifted around with Song and Wilshere developing to fit Ramsey in.

I am going to be fucking pissed if the France implosion ruins this transfer; though, tbh, we should've been in for Flamini. He's taking a pay cut to 27k to keep playing for Milan?!? Shit, I wouldn't have minded signing him on a free again... good cover for Song; not a particularly good footballer, but at least he aint afraid of a tackle. We need another midfielder like that, whether it's M'Vila or someone else, and it's going to be difficult to find someone of that quality (and potential) for that low of a price.

edit: Yeah, I read the same regarding RVP. Just hope we get a decent fee - he did win just about every individual award there was to win and the golden boot, so he should be worth a good bit more than Nasri... right?

GorillaJu

Salazar have you ever been to Korea or Japan? Think your neck would break if you came here for a day. So many beautiful ladies. Of course they're all wearing 5 layers of foundation and when the make up comes off it tends to end in disappointment, but my head does so much twisting on the typical walk through a major train station, surprised there's even a chiropractic industry here. It was good in Gangnam too, when I lived there, but the way Japanese girls dress and do their make up is streets ahead of Korea.

American girls could really take a lesson in style from these ladies (likewise for the men, too :p, I'm embarrassed to be in the company of other Americans sometimes)

jtb

Banned
the only thing I know about Japanese fashion is Uniqlo, which may just be the single greatest clothing store evar.

Lightning

Banned
Arteta has been a revelation this season - he's been the Alonso-type midfielder this side has been crying out for years for, and you're right, Ramsey's not quite there yet. But, he'll need rest, and he can be shifted around with Song and Wilshere developing to fit Ramsey in.

I am going to be fucking pissed if the France implosion ruins this transfer; though, tbh, we should've been in for Flamini. He's taking a pay cut to 27k to keep playing for Milan?!? Shit, I wouldn't have minded signing him on a free again... good cover for Song; not a particularly good footballer, but at least he aint afraid of a tackle. We need another midfielder like that, whether it's M'Vila or someone else, and it's going to be difficult to find someone of that quality (and potential) for that low of a price.

edit: Yeah, I read the same regarding RVP. Just hope we get a decent fee - he did win just about every individual award there was to win and the golden boot, so he should be worth a good bit more than Nasri... right?
Arteta's awesome. He was fantastic last season. The fact that we turned to shit once he got injured though just reinfores the need for M'Vila or a player like him and I don't get Wenger's problem with his attitude unless its talk just to bargin the price down from Rennes. When we first signed Viera he had an attitude, when he first signed RVP he had an attitude, etc... so it's not like we haven't dealt with this type of situation before.

RVP should fetch a very good price and if we get a good price then losing RVP won't be that bad, certainly not as bad as the loss of Fabregas. RVP has had his best years, I seriously doubt he will have another year as good as this one, even if he stays with us. His loss is not that bad, it just depends on what Wenger does with the money because if it doesn't go back into the squad then his loss will be bad. I mean if we can bring in a creative midfielder to help out Wilshere then Giroud and Podolski could score us a lot of goals but there needs to be a balance somewhere and we shouldn't expect Wilshere or Chamberlain to become our saviours this season because that wont happen.

We also need a player like Leighton Baines. I would love that signing SO MUCH.

GorillaJu

Haha Uniqlo is fantastic. It's dirt cheap but is head and shoulders above any other cheap and simple "basics" stores.

The crazy thing is just how many people look classy and dress well in Japan. In America wearing a well-fitting suit and nice polished shoes is unusual, or in some cases considered "flamboyant." In Japan it's the bare minimum. The exception to the rule are game otaku and people who dress to follow a particular subculture.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_lrufr2cR7e1qgy4djo1_400.gif

Juve seem to be interested in Bruno Alves, seeing how Conte's wet dream Hummels is untouchable. Mmmm ...
He's my wet dream too :(. Bruno ain't too bad! We can use him to rest Chiello! :p Hmm, it seems that SP7 is going the other way..?

Sloosha

Haha Uniqlo is fantastic. It's dirt cheap but is head and shoulders above any other cheap and simple "basics" stores.

The crazy thing is just how many people look classy and dress well in Japan. In America wearing a well-fitting suit and nice polished shoes is unusual, or in some cases considered "flamboyant." In Japan it's the bare minimum. The exception to the rule are game otaku and people who dress to follow a particular subculture.

My sis is bringing me back a couple of Uniqlo tees when she gets back from Korea. People do not care about fashion where I live in the US. Seen people walking about with their pajamas on.

Good news. We're in for another striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom