• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

He's my wet dream too :(. Bruno ain't too bad! We can use him to rest Chiello! :p Hmm, it seems that SP7 is going the other way..?

SP7? Nooooo! I want Simone to stay. He's such a great guy, everybody in the team seems to like him and when he's on form he actually pretty good. Can't we just ship Krasic back to Russia? Elia? Martinez? :/

EDIT: I bought the first Sandman Slim novel on the Kindle. It's really great, I feel like I'm watching / reading the greatest B-movie ever made. You guys should check it out.

GorillaJu

My sis is bringing me back a couple of Uniqlo tees when she gets back from Korea. People do not care about fashion where I live in the US. Seen people walking about with their pajamas on.

Good news. We're in for another striker.

To be fair, girls in Korea ages 19-22 practically live in PJs and baseball caps.

But anyway. Could see Chelsea go in for Cavani but of they do, Torres will be sold. Don't think he'd be happy to play second fiddle once again, at his age.

neoanarch

I'm looking at the Uniqlo site. What fashion exactly? it looks pretty plain. You could get the same stuff from any b&m retailer in the US.

They are cheap though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SP7? Nooooo! I want Simone to stay. He's such a great guy, everybody in the team seems to like him and when he's on form he actually pretty good. Can't we just ship Krasic back to Russia? Elia? Martinez? :/

EDIT: I bought the first Sandman Slim novel on the Kindle. It's really great, I feel like I'm watching / reading the greatest B-movie ever made. You guys should check it out.
Vidal won't allow it! Krasic is the logical option for Zenit I guess. He's arguably more talented and suits their football.
Martinez is still a Juve player :((((

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So there's a quote from Modric floating about:

“I’m going to play in the Champions League, I want to win that competition. I’m not going to be able to achieve my dream here"

Goodnight sweet prince

GorillaJu

I'm looking at the Uniqlo site. What fashion exactly? it looks pretty plain. You could get the same stuff from any b&m retailer in the US.

They are cheap though.

It's not fashion. It's just a bunch of basics, but the quality belies the price. Uniqlo stuff doesn't look out of place alongside genuine designer gear.

What position does Vargas play again?

Zabojnik

Vidal won't allow it! Krasic is the logical option for Zenit I guess. He's arguably more talented and suits their football.
Martinez is still a Juve player :((((

Yeah, but I remember him saying (it was probably his agent, at this point I'm not sure Krasic knows how to speak) there's no way he's going back to Russia. A fat check could probably change his mind though ...

I'll always remember him for this:

conte-krasik-siparietto-o.gif

GorillaJu

I'll laugh if Modrić never wins the champions league. Though if you want to win, you could do much worse than joining Real Madrid. It's only a matter of time before
John Terry
Jose Mourinho lifts the CL trophy again.

GorillaJu

Why is it that do many Italian clubs have landed these outstanding talents recently? Are the permit issues less strict in Italy? You rarely ever see so many young talented players crop up in the PL or Championship

Zabojnik

Why is it that do many Italian clubs have landed these outstanding talents recently? Are the permit issues less strict in Italy? You rarely ever see so many young talented players crop up in the PL or Championship

It's probably because Serie A teams, with a few exceptions, have no real money to spend. So they upped their scouting, following Udinese's lead.

Vargas is a strange one. He could've been a truly fantastic winger, but for some reason he's never been able to take that final step towards football greatness.

GorillaJu

It's probably because Serie A teams, with a few exceptions, have no real money to spend. So they upped their scouting, following Udinese's lead.

Yeah I figured it was something along these lines. Udinese, Bologna, Fiorentina and Parma all have some incredible players that they don't seem too intent to keep.

the only thing I know about Japanese fashion is Uniqlo, which may just be the single greatest clothing store evar.
My man.

I hit up the NYC 5th ave Uniqlo global flagship shop when I was there this past week. It was honestly a dream come true, bought so much stuff. Amazing amazing store, it is massive, too big almost.

Facism

I really like ziegler. He cried his eyes out when fener lost the league. Class guy. I hope they work something out so he can stay and get that title. same with Yobo. Guy fucking loves the club and the country and wants to stay, but te clubs are messing about with transferring him. Terrible way to treat the guy.

PaulLFC

LIVERPOOL FC look like being priced out of a move for Gylfi Sigurdsson after they refused to meet the player’s ‘wild’ wage demands.

Tottenham Hotspur have moved into pole position to sign the Icelandic midfielder after they agreed to match his salary requests.

That figure is believed to be nearly 50% more than what the Reds were willing to offer.

Liverpool had held extensive talks with the 22-year-old and put together a generous deal for a player of Sigurdsson’s experience.

Quick Vote

Should Liverpool FC pay Gylfi Sigurdsson what he wants?
Yes, LFC need the player
13.8%
No, he should fit into the club's wage structure
86.2%

However it appears the club and player are divided in their valuation.

The Reds’ American owners, the Fenway Sports Group, are reluctant to hand out bumper contracts having been lumbered with the lavish deals which brought players such as Joe Cole to the club.

Manager Brendan Rodgers made no secret of his desire to bring Sigurdsson to Anfield having worked with him at Swansea City but Liverpool are understood to have baulked at his wage demands.

Spurs are believed to have had an £8m offer accepted by the player’s parent club Hoffenheim and though personal terms are still to be agreed, have privately expressed their confidence the deal will be complete by the end of the week.

Sigurdsson is expected to undergo a medical at White Hart Lane on Friday.

After it became clear Sigurdsson would be willing to U-turn on his proposed permanent move to Swansea, having spent last season on loan at the Liberty Stadium, Liverpool FC were immediately installed as front-runners for his signature.

It was believed that the prospect of working under Rodgers once more was the sole reason behind the Icelandic international’s change of heart over a transfer to the Swans, after he had agreed personal terms and the two clubs settled on a £6.8m fee.

But even with Rodgers showing his intent to bring him to Merseyside, Sigurdsson appears to have snubbed a move in search of a bigger financial package on offer at manager-less Spurs.

Liverpool, however, have not given up on the possibility of signing Sigurdsson but know Spurs are in the driving seat.

---

If all he's concerned about is money then I can't see any other outcome than Spurs signing him. Although it does make all this Swansea business look rather strange now.

LegoArmo

Is it the same wage structure that saw Liverpool refuse to give Meireles the pay rise he was due?

Sounds to me like they're being a little cheap. It's not like Spurs offer massive wages, I'd understand if it was City

Edit: ^^
I want that one back, it was awesome

So, some shops are already selling next season's shirts:

Home
on3EDl.jpg

Away
yxIx6l.jpg

Probably CL
pX8H2l.jpg

Don't really like them, although the home shirt looks better on a person than I thought.

PaulLFC

Is it the same wage structure that saw Liverpool refuse to give Meireles the pay rise he was due?

Sounds to me like they're being a little cheap. It's not like Spurs offer massive wages, I'd understand if it was City
I think we've finally realised we shouldn't be paying more than we think a player is worth just because other clubs are willing to offer more. On a different note, another benefit is that the days of signing Cole and Jovanovic on £90,000 a week are (hopefully) over. The Echo reckons our wage package for Sigurdsson was generous, so Spurs must be paying him quite a bit.

Salazar

Al-Shabab confirm Owen will not be joining the club saying:"The physical demands of Michael Owen does not correspond with the club." #mufc

Do they mean fiscal, or did they just come right out and call him a lazy git ?

caramac

If the rumours are correct that someone like Suarez is "only" on 65k a week then it wouldn't be right to pay someone who has had 6 good months in the PL 70k a week. I'm sure Liverpool would improve his contract if he shows he's capable of holding down a first team place.

Fair enough if Spurs have offered to double his wages ....he should go there.

I'd be happy with letting Ramsey go out on loan again. The problem last season is that he was put into the position Cesc played last season, and the fans knew he wasn't as good as Cesc there but Wenger persisted.

I think he will be best where Arteta now plays.

Salazar

Aaah, reminding me of that United-Spurs game, before Clev got injured.

When Harry had the nerve to say "ar fort we dominated the second arf".

Not a chance.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Aaah, reminding me of that United-Spurs game, before Clev got injured.

When Harry had the nerve to say "ar fort we dominated the second arf".

Not a chance.

To be fair we had a central pairing of Kranjcar and Livermore, with Defoe up front on his own. Kaboul and Dawson were utter shit that day, all 3 goals were horrendous. I'm amazed we kept it at 0-0 for an hour.

Facism

I'm more erect than Hamsik's old hair

Fuck me I'm so hot in work. I'm just sitting here and I'm sweating Iike Ribery in a primary school

lol.

We used to say that about a coworker, because he was clearly harbouring some dodginess when it came to younger girls.

We also used to call him Magic, after the basketball player. He though the nickname came because he was good at basketball, but the reality was that he managed to shit on the toilet rather in it. We named him Magic because of his "skills around the rim."

A thoroughly dirty wanker.

dc89

Best buy any club can make this season. Hulk has been consistently amazing for Porto.

He didn't look effective against City at all over two legs. But he may have been having a off week or two.

---

Nasri has took to Twitter to say "there are too many untruths going around" and that it's "a personal matter between me and a few journalists. I will explain when the time comes".

Zabojnik

Fucking Napoli are trying to seduce and steal Verratti. Yuuurrrrtttttttt!!! You guys should totally discuss this at the meeting you're having.

dc89

Joan Angel Roman has apparently signed a 3 year contract with Barcelona.

Good luck to the lad, he's a real talent. Gutted if it's true.

Edit: confirmed on the players Twitter. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Says he will spend the next 3 years playing with BarcaB. He now has a €12M buy out clause in that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom