• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

PbnlZ.gif

DEL BOSQUEEEEEE

Y U NO PLAY YOUR BEST STRIKER

He didn't look effective against City at all over two legs. But he may have been having a off week or two.

---

Nasri has took to Twitter to say "there are too many untruths going around" and that it's "a personal matter between me and a few journalists. I will explain when the time comes".

He can try and explain all he wants, in reality everyone knows he's just an attention whore

Also wtf at that gif!

Kyoufu

This is my first silly season experience and I just can't wait for it to be over. Linked with 900 players and will be lucky to sign just 3. Yuck.

Season needs to start so we can enjoy Football again.

There comes a time when as much as you feel you're in the right, whining on and on about something makes you look worse. Nasri got there about a few months ago and he's gone way past now.

I have no idea what's happening with him in France but when it seems everyone including the manager, fans and media feel he is in the wrong and lacks respect...he should consider that maybe he's gone wrong somewhere.

Tiring to see him constantly make comments and then explain that everyone's got it twisted and only he knows the real truth. Get over it Samir, suck it up and do what you're paid to do and nothing more.

Funnily enough I just read an article on the Guardian's web page about Hummels and Germany's youth initiatives in which their youngbfootballers are encouraged to engage with the public and media and generally stay modest and respectful. German football has got so much right lately. I really hope they can win the Euro's, they deserve it so much.

dc89

Barcalona have confirmed they are in talks to sign Jordi Alba according to that transfercentralnews thing on Twitter.

Kem0sabe

Barcalona have confirmed they are in talks to sign Jordi Alba according to that transfercentralnews thing on Twitter.

Seems the deal is almost done. Great buy for Barcelona, Alba will fit right in with their playing style.

Barca seems to have it´s transfer policy down quite nicely. They have a playing style and they buy the players that best fit that style instead of buying the biggest names independent if they fit or not (i.e City, PSG).

Zabojnik

Juve are about to sign Gabbiadini, 21 years, 186 cm, striker, plays for Atalanta. Didn't follow him much there, but he's been great in the italian U21 squad. 10 goals in 14 matches or something like that. Some are comparing him to Vieri.

gabbiadini_22_m.jpg

Now if only we'd sign Verratti and Destro ... FuturJuve would be basically done. Btw, Pogba is expected in Torino next week.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tutjun27.jpeg

Hummels, come back home <3
Shut up BVB-GAF, I know I know..

Fucking Napoli are trying to seduce and steal Verratti. Yuuurrrrtttttttt!!! You guys should totally discuss this at the meeting you're having.

I'll get too emotional and cry.
Possibly pee my pants of excitement/sorrow

Juve are about to sign Gabbiadini, 21 years, 186 cm, striker, plays for Atalanta. Didn't follow him much there, but he's been great in the italian U21 squad. 10 goals in 14 matches or something like that. Some are comparing him to Vieri.

http://www.calcionapoliweb.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/gabbiadini_22_m.jpg[img]

Now if only we'd sign Verratti and Destro ... FuturJuve would be basically done. Btw, Pogba is expected in Torino next week.[/QUOTE]

Pogba is expected every week [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eCk1p.gif

A co-ownership deal for Gabbiadini sounds perfect. IF he turns out to be the next big thing in Italy, we take his other half! If not, well...he'll spend the rest of his life on loan with Pogba and Pasquato.

Wilbur

Banned
Seems the deal is almost done. Great buy for Barcelona, Alba will fit right in with their playing style.

Barca seems to have it´s transfer policy down quite nicely. They have a playing style and they buy the players that best fit that style instead of buying the biggest names independent if they fit or not (i.e City, PSG).

To be fair to City I think they've done well under Mancini regarding transfers. They were shite under Hughes, just buying flavour of the months like Adebayor, Robinho and Santa Cruz but when they were bought Kompany, Hart, Zabaleta, Silva, Clichy, De Jong etc were hardly mega stars.

Kem0sabe

Sucks that Nani can´t wear his Portugal Jersey, but it being Nike and all.

TBH, i appreciate the ADIDAS jersey´s more than the Nike ones.

Is it just me or does Nani always look like he hasn't got 2 brain cells to rub together?

You should listen to him speak. :)

He comes from a poor background, kid made it far all things considered, tho if he was half as dedicated to the sport as Ronaldo tho, he would have reached the very top.

What people sometimes fail to understand about Ronaldo is that he trains like crazy, always the first to get to the training field and the last to leave. He usually spends hours after regular training, just practicing facets of his game.

Kyoufu

talksport/shite says "Newcastle face a three-way battle with Barcelona and Fiorentina to sign Germany international Serdar Tasci".

How good is he and we'll never fucking compete with Barca lol

Sucks that Nani can´t wear his Portugal Jersey, but it being Nike and all.

TBH, i appreciate the ADIDAS jersey´s more than the Nike ones.

You should listen to him speak. :)

He comes from a poor background, kid made it far all things considered, tho if he was half as dedicated to the sport as Ronaldo tho, he would have reached the very top.

What people sometimes fail to understand about Ronaldo is that he trains like crazy, always the first to get to the training field and the last to leave. He usually spends hours after regular training, just practicing facets of his game.

Yeah, I heard he spends a silly amount of time training and if not on the field then in the gym. Fucking shows too.

GorillaJu

Jordan Henderson does this.

Carbonox

talksport/shite says "Newcastle face a three-way battle with Barcelona and Fiorentina to sign Germany international Serdar Tasci".

That deal will never happen for us. Best to forget about it. :lol

I'm not big on the link with Toivonen. Doesn't seem that great.

fuenf

He was quite good at Stuttgart a couple years ago but he has more or less fallen of a cliff since 2010 (hasnt even played for Germany since then). Started to regain his form last season, you could make a case that he's a good player but needs a strong squad around him.

GorillaJu

yeah he can hit a SOCK that is tied to a crossbar to practice freekicks

but he's actually shit at them when it matters

Who is the young lady in your avatar?

Sal I agree about Henderson. Think he's got a lot of room for improvement but he'll step to, eventually

Arnie

I think he'll do alright this season. Of all the foetuses thrust uncaringly into the winter of Liverpool's 2011/12 season, I reckon he'll press on fastest.

Spearing should find other work.

We're in agreement. If there's one player who's set to benefit from Rodgers continental style it's Henderson. Rodgers has been very forthcoming about his idea that British kids can learn and adapt to that way of playing, as long as they've got technique, and Henderson's main attribute is his technique. He may not be confident passing the ball forwards at times, he may look clumsy when tackling and he may not possess any rasp in his shots; but Henderson can keep the ball for hours. It was noted by a journalist during the England training sessions and it was noted by myself watching the numerous kickup challenges he'd win, beating the Ox with a tennis ball and Suarez with a real one. He's just comfortable with the ball at his feet.

And yes, Spearing should probably look elsewhere.

Arnie

Apparently UEFA wont allow for black armbands or a minutes silence for Miki Roque at tonight game.

Pricks.

If this is true then it's pathetic.

Wish we could treat UEFA like they do a bad king in ASOIAF. I'd love to see Martin Keown kick down the front gates of Uefa HQ with a sword in one hand and a war horn in the other. I don't care who the usurper is, but Platini really is a mad king.

dc89

If this is true then it's pathetic.

Wish we could treat UEFA like they do a bad king in ASOIAF. I'd love to see Martin Keown kick down the front gates of Uefa HQ with a sword in one hand and a war horn in the other. I don't care who the usurper is, but Platini really is a mad king.

Trying to make the last 50 pages of GoT spread out. The 2nd book didn't come in the post today - hopefully it comes tomorrow.

Hixx

Henderson will never fulfil his potential while managers insist on him trying to play like Gerrard had to in the Euros. The less responsibility he has for getting the ball back, the more impact he will have on the game.

He was superb for SAFC when he was allowed to focus on creating - more key passes in a season than the likes of Silva, even. He'll benefit more from Lucas Leiva getting fit than anyone else in Liverpool's squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom