• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim-Riggins-tim-riggins-24296952-400-225.gif

I unashamedly have a huge man crush on Riggins

We all do. Man and woman, we all do.

From @MUFC_Facebook
Red Man, I believe in you but still being nervous. Fighting!!! Let's overcome Blue Man!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Felipe Melo ‏@_FelipeMelo_
"I take a shower because it will start to my birthday party 29 years after I insert pictures for you!"

mnlkI.jpg

Hixx

Henderson will never fulfil his potential while managers insist on him trying to play like Gerrard had to in the Euros. The less responsibility he has for getting the ball back, the more impact he will have on the game.

He was superb for SAFC when he was allowed to focus on creating - more key passes in a season than the likes of Silva, even. He'll benefit more from Lucas Leiva getting fit than anyone else in Liverpool's squad.

quoting myself cos fuck being last post

Arnie

Say what you want about Spain, but I love watching Barcelona play. It's mind boggling to watch.

Henderson will never fulfil his potential while managers insist on him trying to play like Gerrard had to in the Euros. The less responsibility he has for getting the ball back, the more impact he will have on the game.

He was superb for SAFC when he was allowed to focus on creating - more key passes in a season than the likes of Silva, even. He'll benefit more from Lucas Leiva getting fit than anyone else in Liverpool's squad.
I think he'll benefit from Lucas massively, and I also hope we don't push him out to the right hand side; his ability to create in the centre is pretty great, and some of his best through balls and passes last season were from a more central position. I don't think Rodgers will play him at the front of a triangle though because Henderson's not got much ability to shoot from range. I would've said Sigurdsson will fit that role, but as he's off to Spurs it'll probably be either Cole or Aquilani.

GorillaJu

I understand completely the anger with Uefa not allowing black armbands or minutes' silence for Miki Roque, (and I hold sympathy especially since he shares the same first name with my girlfriend and played for Liverpool!) but I can understand that Uefa doesn't want to hold a special ceremony for a player who belongs to one of the two teams in the semi-final, especially as its not a 'home game'

Slizz

I understand completely the anger with Uefa not allowing black armbands or minutes' silence for Miki Roque, (and I hold sympathy especially since he shares the same first name with my girlfriend and played for Liverpool!) but I can understand that Uefa doesn't want to hold a special ceremony for a player who belongs to one of the two teams in the semi-final, especially as its not a 'home game'

I don't think a moment of silence is such a big deal/request. I don't see how it benefits one team more than the other, but I get the point you and UEFA are trying to make.

Arnie

I still want to see Alan Shearer impale him on a spear in a Kiev courtyard.

He isn't. The media exaggerates every bit about him. Suarez is worse, trust me.
He may have tampered down this season but I could not stand him during the 2010/11 season. He is a dirty player, you can't deny that. Searching for Toivonen brought up a nice "smeerkees" top 10 video showing some of his theatrics and dirty fouls.

So he's a bloody cunt

faridmon

Reading Wiki for some reason about football association, whoa at this piece of fact about Womens football:

It had a "golden age" in the United Kingdom in the early 1920s when crowds reached 50,000 at some matches

Wilbur

Banned

Some great ones in the last day or so:

- Degaa should go 2 hell with his fuckinghands. He shoul get that his fucking hair on is head off & let air of english footbal get 2 his skull
- Indeed this is not united, perhaps a collection of fish cowboys pretending to be
- why pay more for player when u can pay less? as example,pay 1M instead of 15M? It saves money?

Say what you want about Spain, but I love watching Barcelona play. It's mind boggling to watch.

Yep, watch that 5-0 against Madrid and tell me that isn't a million times better than what Spain produce. Breathtaking that was, as impressed as I've ever been watching football.

As for Henderson, can see him working well next to Lucas and Aqua/Gerrard in a middle 3

Arnie

Any fucking striker. Even Torres. Well, maybe.

Torres would do really well at Barca, I'm sure of that. Wish he'd just leave and go back to Spain so I could fully embrace him again, I still feel odd rooting for a Chelsea player.

Yep, watch that 5-0 against Madrid and tell me that isn't a million times better than what Spain produce. Breathtaking that was, as impressed as I've ever been watching football.

As for Henderson, can see him working well next to Lucas and Aqua/Gerrard in a middle 3
Exactly. I said at the time whilst watching that it'd be a long, long time before we see a better individual performance than this. It was absolutely breathtaking. It was almost taking the piss out of Madrid, and they knew very early on that it wasn't their day.

Some great ones in the last day or so:

- Degaa should go 2 hell with his fuckinghands. He shoul get that his fucking hair on is head off & let air of english footbal get 2 his skull
- Indeed this is not united, perhaps a collection of fish cowboys pretending to be
- why pay more for player when u can pay less? as example,pay 1M instead of 15M? It saves money?

OMG
ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilbury said:

ARSENE-WENGER-2-e1298370160945_display_image.jpg

Arnie said:

Yeah. The philosophy is the same, but the football is different.

Salazar

I would love it if the mufc facebook gang could raise their concerns at an AGM, say.

Mizzer Gill plz. Y u pay more not less ?

GorillaJu

I think he'll play a more creative role under Rodgers. Hopefully not on the right wing, though.

another one

"ur man utd, up nani. You have carry the day already. Oh oh oh to night , we all see how the dog will fight against the cat"

PaulLFC

Absolutely disgraceful decision from UEFA to not let Spain have a minute's silence for Miki Roque. Good to see #OneMinuteForMiki trending, although knowing UEFA being UEFA they probably won't change their minds.

Kyoufu

No he wasn't. He was voted player of the season and then they switched managers to someone who didnt like him and benched him for a year. He wasn't a flop at all.

It's hard to believe Sigurdsson would flop anywhere.

I mean, he makes fucking Iceland look good in an International game. :p

God, I'm at a stage where I am desperately keen to watch United trundle over some anonymous South African team on tour.

High five. I miss club football so fucking much hgufdahwdh

We play Monaco pre-season so that should be fun.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Van Persie to resume talks with Arsenal when back from Caribbean break. He's keen to stay, with or without new contract. Ball in #afc court.

Talk of Van Persie to City very premature, but Arsenal yet to discuss new contract with him. It could still go any of three ways #afc #mcfc

David Ornstein is the go-to man when it comes to Arsenal insider news.

GorillaJu

Absolutely disgraceful decision from UEFA to not let Spain have a minute's silence for Miki Roque. Good to see #OneMinuteForMiki trending, although knowing UEFA being UEFA they probably won't change their minds.

There's absolutely no way they can come out of this without looking like the bad guy to someonet. Really just can't see it having a happy ending if Uefa is seen as giving preference to one of the two teams in the semi-final.

PaulLFC

Found this on as.com:

The announcement has shocked Spanish football, especially after UEFA permitted a minute of silence before the game between Sweden and France in memory of the French journalist and close friend of UEFA president Michel Platini Thierry Roland, who died several days before the game.
Seemingly it's one rule for one team, another rule for another. Again, disgraceful decision.

Arnie

And his name is Gylfi THOR Sigurdsson

Can we stop talking about him, it's making me sad.

That Ajax top is on another level of sex, I miss the Adidas stripes already.

At least I've got the football to look forward to tonight, coupled with some egg fried rice from the chippy. Although that's probably a bit rash, might just end up boiling some tortellini from a packet.

Kyoufu

Found this on as.com:

Seemingly it's one rule for one team, another rule for another. Again, disgraceful decision.

This is how UEFA always operates. Their decisions are based on their mood and which drug they are snorting at the time.

And his name is Gylfi THOR Sigurdsson

Such a boss. I would hump his shrine all day. He made Reading and Swansea look good. Tottenham have got some great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom