• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Only missing piece is signing Javi Martínez.

Are there any good videos of him? I kinda want them to sign him but 40m for a holding midfielder seems so crazy, especially given our strength in midfield.

btw. Willkiller i hope you win the prediction league!

elsk

Banned
Relying on Gomez might bite Bayern during the season. He is a fantastic striker but he is one of those players who is amazing when he is on form and truly awful when he is not. Also, Did Bayern actually thought that they could get Lewandowski or Higuain? Lol, anyway, maybe Dzeko is an option but City is not letting him go easily...

Uh? We already signed croatian Mario, Claudio Pizarro as strikers alternatives... what are you talking about? And Lewa could join next or next-next season if the rumors about him wanting to move to a bigger club are true; he couldn't leave because Dortmund blocked the transfer.

elsk

Banned
Are there any good videos of him? I kinda want them to sign him but 40m for a holding midfielder seems so crazy, especially given our strength in midfield.

He's a DM/CM/CAM/CB. Just like Vidal. You don't find those kind of players everyday.
Vidal, Yaya Toure and Javi are the only ones I could think of.

€40m and he's all yours!

I think the team is going to pay it, that's the main reason we didn't sign someone like Dzeko for striker backup.

faridmon

Uh? We already signed croatian Mario, Claudio Pizarro as strikers alternatives... what are you talking about? And Lewa could join next or next-next season if the rumors about him wanting to move to a bigger club are true; he couldn't leave because Dortmund blocked the transfer.

I am not clear?

Do you really think a Dortmund player would join a bayern Munich? Would Dortmund even allow to sell a good player to their main rival?

elsk

Banned
I am not clear?

Do you really think a Dortmund player would join a bayern Munich? Would Dortmund even allow to sell a good player to their main rival?

Well, the kind of declarations of his agent, and him(?) makes you believe that he actually wanted to move to Bayern. Dortmund had to block the transfer.
The foreign Dortmund players are not that much of dortmund lovers like the german ones, Dortmund is just another step in their careers.

Just bought this for £15!

GDMKb.jpg

dc89

LoveFilm vs Netflix - which is better GAF?!

Help me choose one to watch some stuff for the next week and a half whilst I am on holiday.

Thanks man :D Really getting down to it, these semis will probably decide it.

I'd wonder what I win? A tag maybe?

Kyoufu

I still don't want Colo to leave. He's still a fantastic player and an integral part of our success in the last couple of seasons.

Ba yes. Cisse no.

I don't mind losing Colo if we can bring in a suitable replacement for less money while being able to buy Debs/Luuk. Good business as GQman put it.

Won't mind losing Ba either. He can't score goals in his current position on the left wing.

Did you guys see the news?

You signed a new contract? Yeah.

I think they are starting to do things more like Dortmund, buying players who fit the system and might flourish in it. Isnt he miles ahead of Gomez in terms of holding the ball? Only thing that worries me is that most of his goals were headers. If only we had a competent winger on the right side of the field.... i cant remember the last time a Bayern player delivered a decent cross...
I don't really think he's better at retaining possession/play passes/dribble compared to Gomez. What he's definitely better at is doing defensive work, at least for Croatia.
Mandzukic will need a lot of those classic crosses because he likes to score with headers (like you already mentioned), but neither Ribery, nor Robben (or Shaqira) are likely to deliver them, so you'd have to rely on your wingbacks for that, but they will barely be able to engage in attacks in games vs. better teams because Robbery don't/can't cover for them. And Mandzukic is still not the ideal playmate for them upfront, so no reason go nuts over this.

I am not clear?

Lewandowski is sought after in EPL too, so I can't see Bayern being able to pull the money-card and if he can prove himself in the CL as well, maybe even PD teams come knocking. At the same time he won every title in Germany and Bayern are not much more likely to win the CL than PD or EPL teams.

elseanio

Yeah the Quidco one is better, but there's the trade off of having to pay to use the site, albeit it's only a fiver.

I can also scab links for it too :p http://www.quidco.com/user/301308/

You'd honestly be crazy not to use these sites, you can make back so much money.

Sorry, didn't see you posted Topcashback! My qudico links weren't referrals :p (So if you anyone signs up, feel free to use Kharmas link)

The fiver from quidco is worth it in the long term I think, it tends to get better deals that TCB.

fuenf

I don't really think he's better at retaining possession/play passes/dribble compared to Gomez. What he's definitely better at is doing defensive work, at least for Croatia.
Mandzukic will need a lot of those classic crosses because he likes to score with headers (like you already mentioned), but neither Ribery, nor Robben (or Shaqira) are likely to deliver them, so you'd have to rely on your wingbacks for that, but they will barely be able to engage in attacks in games vs. better teams because Robbery don't/can't cover for them. And Mandzukic is still not the ideal playmate for them upfront, so no reason go nuts over this.

That's why they should sell Robben and play Mülller on the right wing. I'm still mad that you guys got Reus though.. :( Nah, i'm not going nuts, i'm just saying that this transfer was a good one. He's better than Olic / Petersen and like i said before, Gomez will be our main striker we just needed a guy to push him.

faridmon

That's why they should sell Robben and play Mülller on the right wing. I'm still mad that you guys got Reus though.. :( Nah, i'm not going nuts, i'm just saying that this transfer was a good one. He's better than Olic / Petersen and like i said before, Gomez will be our main striker we just needed a guy to push him.

Resign Klose, job done.

Lol

kharma45

Sorry, didn't see you posted Topcashback! My qudico links weren't referrals :p (So if you anyone signs up, feel free to use Kharmas link)

The fiver from quidco is worth it in the long term I think, it tends to get better deals that TCB.

Just me being a scummy student trying to eek out a few quid wherever I can :p

Yeah Quidco is usually the better site but seeing as TCB is free to use I think it's the best of both worlds to register with both :) sometimes one has a deal that the other doesn't and vice versa :)

elsk

Banned

I see him as a complete striker, obviously not world class level but still a very different type of striker. He can even play as fake CAM/winger, he can pass (he assisted 10 goals last season) and he can also dribble much more than Gómez (even my little more can).

Resign Klose, job done.

Lol

Klose isn't a club player. Having a good half season is the best I've seen of him in a club.

I'm more than happy with Mandzukic. I think he's the perfect striker for our team.

elsk

Banned
so we bought mandzukic.... why not? definitely a better deal than paying 30m for fucking dzeko.

Yes, I don't see why people talk about him like a second class player. I think he could do much better than Gómez actually, just wait and see.

We also have Pizarro :D
I just need freaking Javi Martínez now!!!

Just seen that. It's more of a one year contract extension with improved terms. Fits in with the idea that Spurs' wage structure is about to sky rocket, and rightly so. Might mean they can bring in a top striker.

That's not going to happen. The wages ceiling increases bit by bit. But we've taken a ton off the wage bill recently. We sold Pav, Charlie, Kranjcar and let King, Saha and Nelsen go. The top earners are on something around £70k. I don't think anyone that comes in will be earning much more than that.

Meier

Supposedly Rodgers is interested in bringing Lescott to Liverpool. I say let him go and use that money to sign Javi Martinez as our new CB. Coloccini's too old to be any sort of a band-aid for more than a year or two. Agger might not be a bad choice instead, but I'd rather go even younger. Kompany came in as a DM and has turned into one of the best CBs in the world.. I am sure Javi could do the same here.

so we bought mandzukic.... why not? definitely a better deal than paying 30m for fucking dzeko.

The word is that Dzeko wanted £125,000 per week and Bayern balked.

faridmon

Supposedly Rodgers is interested in bringing Lescott to Liverpool. I say let him go and use that money to sign Javi Martinez as our new CB. Coloccini's too old to be any sort of a band-aid for more than a year or two.

The prick couldn't be more more a prick if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom