• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Well it's fucked up my MacBook Pro (mid-2010) and now I can't get past the grey boot screen. Doesn't help that I cannot find my old Snow Leopard CD anywhere.

Seems alright to me, it's made Safari at least useful now, whereas before it was too far behind Chrome to even bother with. Everything else seems superfluous though, set up my Twitter in notification centre, etc.

Meier

Pantilimon, Savic, Kompany, Kolo Toure, Kolarov, Zabalata, Biton, Yaya Toure, Razak, Aguero, Van Persie

That's the City team to face Arsenal.

I read on some Israeli site last night that a French team is interested in Biton if we don't sign him after the trial. Marseille maybe? Who knows the validity.. I haven't really read too much about his stint. Heard anything?

dc89

I read on some Israeli site last night that a French team is interested in Biton if we don't sign him after the trial. Marseille maybe? Who knows the validity.. I haven't really read too much about his stint. Heard anything?

Nope. Me neither. I don't know if we'll sign him.

Meier

So I was looking all over to find a legal stream of the game and I guess it must have been available on MCFC based on their tweet? Oh well, what can ya do! Nice to see the team starting to score a few goals even if they're meaningless. Still surprised that some of the guys from the Euros aren't back yet given that it's almost August already. Community Shield is just 2 weeks away!

I believe we toyed with the idea of running 3-5-2 in the friendly versus the team from Saudi Arabia.. Kolarov played a bit as a winger. With him likely on his way out, it'll be interesting to see if the formation is used in anything that counts. Clichy definitely has the pace and crossing ability where he could be used as more of a WB or MF.

Cyport

Seems alright to me, it's made Safari at least useful now, whereas before it was too far behind Chrome to even bother with. Everything else seems superfluous though, set up my Twitter in notification centre, etc.

Sounds good, now I'm just even more annoyed and going through piles of shit in the attic to find the box is a nightmare. I blame Boot Camp.

Missed the GB game yesterday but didn't miss much from the looks of it. Got a ticket for the semi final football match at Wembley but not sure which team would be best to watch. Spain v Brazil?

Zabojnik

It's finally official, and out of respect
fear
for Salazar, I'm only going to link it.

Lol, that sign behind him. Everytime they take a picture there the player is covering a part of it and it looks like the writing on the sign is "clinica di sesso" (sex clinic). Must be the official photographer's little joke.

Kwadwo-Asamoah_Juventus-medical-visite-mediche.jpeg

Zabojnik must tell us the story behind his tag too
WMX9r.gif

It's a really boring story. :) I was explaining something about Europe's (possibly Slovenia's) geography in a post, got east and west confused and what little credibility I had went down the drain. Hilarity ensued, got tagged.

Yen

Wish the new season would start!! So bored! My Geiger counter of Rodgers-o-mania is going to go zoink! off the scale!

Anyone else wanna join my paid fantasy league?

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
WJD///WJD FC
Kylehimself///kylehimself
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Feorax///
23 of us so far :)

G17

People will always hate him, but some for the wrong reasons. He was wrong to blast that journo how he did.

But he was right in this.

Everyone remembers that especially with him mocking Arsenal's lack of trophies after City's title win. He goes on about letting things go but whether it be for the national side incorporating the press into his celebrations/confrontations or his comments on Arsenal the past few months, It just seems like he cares too much about his self-image and once someone/a group gets on the bad side of him that's all he focuses on.

Don't think the French Press or Arsenal fans will be forgetting about him or letting go anytime soon with his behaviour the past few months. If he had nothing but good words for Arsenal and never mentioned it again, the hate he receives wouldn't have been as bad I can tell you that.

Feorax

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
the walrus///TheWalrus
WJD///WJD FC

I will hopefully join when i get paid next week (yes, I am just that skint). This is also subject to paypal not being a twat.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mourinho "Nuri is living in a grey area, neither black nor white. But if there is an interesting possibility to play elsewhere, he would be better off leaving because we saw last year that he did not get many minutes here."

Zabojnik said:
Lol, that sign behind him. Everytime they take a picture there the player is covering a part of it and it looks like the writing on the sign is "clinica di sesso" (sex clinic). Must be the official photographer's little joke.

Isla broke the combo :(

Keio

For a Finer World

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
the walrus///TheWalrus
WJD///WJD FC
Feorax///
Why not.

Keio///FC Voitto

Thanks!

Hixx

Ashley Williams is great

at playing the ball back to his keeper and putting him under pressure because he refuses to clear it because POSSESSION FOOTBALL

Williams is Welsh, failbury

dc89

I like the new Sky Sports adverts which appear to interview fans! They are quite cool. Some awesome moments featured too.

GorillaJu

Ashley Williams is great. Swansea will be really hurting if they lose both Allen and Williams, especially after Sigurdsson went to Tottenham.

Ashley Williams is great. Swansea will be really hurting if they lose both Allen and Williams, especially after Sigurdsson went to Tottenham.
They will but they've made 3 very good signings to cover all of them.

If they managed to hold onto Williams and Allen then they'd actually be adding depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom