• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pazzini, Stankovic and Julio Cesar out of Inter's EL squad. Maicon is surprisingly included.

Julio Cesar is going to either Arsenal or Spurs at this point, I don't even want to talk about Pazzini.

Skipped forward to Zuliani. Nothing else worth seeing in that video since Italy is lol. Zuliani is right, even though this shit is in the past with other clubs it remains Juve that is being attacked and so we must deal with it as a squad.

It's fine. We'll bend over and take it like men.

Then win the title on auto-pilot.
fuiaM.gif

A while back Messi said he was quitting GAF, at least for a little while.

He backed out in the end but maybe be finally took the plunge and asked for a ban.

GorillaJu

Wasn't Messi warned by bish about turning this thread into a girl gif fest? Considering bish and duckroll are both football fans, I'm sure they check out the thread from time to time.

Or maybe it was self-imposed, and he did it the right way (privately) instead of announcing it to everyone.

GorillaJu

There's a rumor saying Nuri Sahin could be loaned out to Arsenal.

it's from twitter /shite rumor

It would seem to make sense - he's a player who would fit Arsenal's style, and he may want playing time but seems unwilling to leave Real Madrid.

Not that I believe for a second that it's real, but I could see how it would benefit both parties, potentially.

Oxx

New Zealand vs Belarus was pretty fun last night.

Still a shame that none of the decent teams are coming to Coventry, but it wasn't bad for £20.

People are now saying that Nuri is going to London and isn't traveling with Real Madrid to play vs a port. team? I'm not sure who they play during their tour.

Son of a bitch. Thought he would be great for United. I'm desperate for a CM signing.

Edit: vs Benfica

GorillaJu

Sparing discussions about why statistics can only mean so much, Joe Allen's are, suffice it to say, pretty good.

Averaging 60.5 passes per game; Allen dictated play from his central-midfield berth, with only 10 Premier League players that played in more than 20 games averaging more.

Yet more impressive is the fact that Allen completed his passes with an incredible success rate of 91.2%, which is only bettered by three Premier League players that made at least 20 appearances – Swansea teammate Leon Britton (93.5%), Manchester City’s Nigel de Jong (92.3%) and Chelsea centre-back John Terry (91.3%). Terry’s pass completion is only 0.1% better than Allen’s and, what is more, the Chelsea defence is often under significantly less pressure than the Swansea central midfield. De Jong, meanwhile, only started 11 games all season, and made over one thousand fewer passes than Allen in total.

His conversion rate of 9.8% was only marginally lower than that of Sigurdsson (9.9%), whose shooting ability is so often highlighted, and Allen’s was better than that of any of the central midfielders he could replace at Liverpool; Charlie Adam - 4.1%, Jordan Henderson - 5%, Jonjo Shelvey - 5%, while Spearing failed to score.

He tops Swansea’s charts for tackles, making 110 in total over the season, which was the third most of all players in the Premier League, behind only Yohan Cabaye (117) and Moussa Dembele (112). At Liverpool, Lucas averaged a vastly impressive 5.7 tackles per game, but only played in 12 matches all season. Yet more astonishing for Liverpool is that despite only playing 12 times, the Brazilian in fact still made the most tackles in the whole squad, with 68, ahead of Charlie Adam’s 62. Joe Allen alongside Lucas in that midfield looks like even more of a perfect fit, and in particular, more of a match than Adam has been.

As for interceptions, only defenders Rangel (95) and Williams (83) made more in the Swansea squad than Allen (74), whilst at Liverpool, Daniel Agger made the most interceptions with just 59 ahead of Henderson’s 54. All the more reason for Rodgers to pursue Allen.

ix8Y9IvoYzfiM.jpg

ipIz21iP0B9Qb.jpg

Polari

hU09q.jpg

We've signed Hoilett it appears. Someone stuffed up and accidentally made the photos public on the website, wasn't supposed to be unveiled until Monday.

Hixx

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING SIGNINGS MON.

Starting to get frustrated now. Just random fucking links because there are no real links
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Wow Steve Howard plays for Hartlepool? Hahahahahaha. Fucking wanker.

Kyoufu

Apparently terms have been agreed with Debuchy. Signing early next week.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

edit: Welcome to my world Hixx. ;(

snoopen

Sahin rumour gathering credibility slowly..

The 23-year-old signed a six-year contract at the Bernabeu last summer after moving from Borussia Dortmund, but has struggled to nail a first team place after starting the season injured.

Sahin has been left out of Real Madrid’s recent friendly matches and is tipped to arrive in London and finalise details of his move in the coming days. It is believed that the Spanish giants had tried to use the player as bait in negotiations with Spurs for Luka Modric, but the player scuppered any such move by refusing to join the Lilywhite
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/07/ma...senal/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I'd love it. But I also would have loved M'Vila to be true.

Fuck the silly season

Arnie

If the rumours of Sahin to a Premier League club on loan is true..

Then most likely outcome is Sahin to Tottenham as part of Modric deal?
That ship looked to have sailed, Sahin didn't fancy it.

I'd love it. But I also would have loved M'Vila to be true.
Mate, The Other One is above you and he's positive M'Vila will be an Arsenal player within, what is it, 13 days now? He's an ITK, didn't you know?

pappe

I just find it baffling how none of the major teams are after Sahin. He was rated soooo highly 2 seasons back when he was at Dortmund.

dc89

Pantilimon, Savic, Kompany, Kolo Toure, Kolarov, Zabalata, Biton, Yaya Toure, Razak, Aguero, Van Persie

That's the City team to face Arsenal.

I had contact with Messi, here is what he said:

Its Messi :),I requested it. Needed a ban due to work. I'll be back soon. I can see you GAF, Olivia bashing will not be tolerated

Meant to say something but the ban happened quicker than expected. I was typing a post on footie gaf. LOL.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good lord Jenkinson is shite. If Kolarov is making you look like a numpty, you must be truly terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom