• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like to tell but I had to pm a mod about that post especially due to the Events the day after London got the Olympics which I presume he was alluding to

Made me rage and slip into mod mode ha

I don't even know anymore.. You guys..

Jeff Gerstmann got a haircut and Ryan Davis shouldn't smoke, right you guys?

You think this thread is getting nasty and you bring in Ryan and Jeff of all people?

ikD4L5cv3lEJO.gif

He has punched me in the balls twice.

I am lying on the floor writhing in pain while he is laughing his head while farting and groaning at the same time. Its making me sick :(

Sounds like good brotherly games to me.

Zabojnik

Lesson 3: Never buy Brazilians. No matter how talented and proven they're, they never make it with us. A well documented curse. You hear that Damião?

57020747-e1323687325246.jpg

Although to be honest, he's probably the least 'brazilian' brazilian player I've ever seen. Speaking of the past, Nene' was pretty good, as was Altafini. But yeah, we're not particulary lucky with the Carioca.

I honestly had a tiny amount in a crystal glass, and even then I took about 5 or 6 sips to get it all down. It's like a £100 bottle that he keeps tucked away in a cupboard, and whilst he's away I thought I may as well have a go. The logic being that anything as expensive as that has to be good, right?

Tasted like pure death.

Just had a glass of semi skimmed to calm my body down.

Aren't you like 14 though? No one likes alcohol at 14.

Our development squad got smacked 5-0 by Middlesbrough. Fryers played left back. He's officially ours it seems.

Looking forward to Spurs vs Liverpool today, even though we don't have any strikers and are definitely going to lose!

Hoping for a crushing Spurs victory. Sufficiently thumping for Carragher to feel the need to come out and talk about how everyone feels like this is a title challenging Liverpool side.

Gerrard: "I do think we will win the title get in the top four. I think we will get it. I am confident we will get it."

Seriously though, they should win this one easily.

Meier

Gerrard is obviously just doing his duty but I can't see any realistic scenario where LFC finishes higher than 6th. 5th seems their absolute best case scenario.

Zabojnik

Hertha Berlin - Juventus later today (15h15min CET, Berlin).

JUVE: Storari, Leali, Branescu; De Ceglie, Lichtsteiner, Lucio, Masi, Rugani, Untersee, Pazienza, Appelt, Bouy, Vidal, Padoin, Marrone, Asamoah, Krasic; Matri, Quagliarella, Boakye

I'm expecting some experimenting, will watch primarily for Masi. We're likely to lose Bonocci, so we'll need another CB. He could be it, if he continues to impress.

Mastadon

Banned
Gerrard is obviously just doing his duty but I can't see any realistic scenario where LFC finishes higher than 6th. 5th seems their absolute best case scenario.

It's hard to say. Who would have predicted how good Newcastle performed last season? If we can sort out our scoring issues, then we can realistically push for fourth. I think people forget how well we played at times last season, and how much our shitty conversion rate hurt us. We were abject in the second half of the season, but I think our heads dropped and we made a decision to focus more on the cups.

I personally think we'll get 5th or 6th, but I honestly don't think a top four finish is impossible. As long as we're pushing for 4th towards the end of the season, I'll be happy.

Salazar

I think people forget how well we played at times last season, and how much our shitty conversion rate hurt us.

Maybe a bit. But when Gerrard talks about it in "deserve" terms, it's exceptionally difficult to take him even a tiny bit seriously. Not that I'm ever really capable of extending pre-season gibber any credit whatsoever.

Mastadon

Banned
Maybe a bit. But when Gerrard talks about it in "deserve" terms, it's exceptionally difficult to take him even a tiny bit seriously. Not that I'm ever really capable of extending pre-season gibber any credit whatsoever.

It was a pragmatic statement. He has to give the likes of Skrtel and Suarez a reason to stay here another year. Rodgers and Henry have already intimated that top 4 isn't necessarily a requirement for this campaign, and I imagine that that doesn't sit particularly well with our more ambitious
mercenary
squad members. Gerrard is just spreading hope.

Like Jesus.

Edit:

Who says Adam Morgan doesn't have the technical ability to succeed?

GorillaJu

Our development squad got smacked 5-0 by Middlesbrough. Fryers played left back. He's officially ours it seems.

Looking forward to Spurs vs Liverpool today, even though we don't have any strikers and are definitely going to lose!

It's on at 3am for me. Can't decide what to do

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

We've brought a much better squad with us than Liverpool. They've got way too many kids and unwanted flops and they don't have many strikers either. Outside the back 4 their teams on this tour have been very poor.

Hopefully Gylfi scores.

Salazar

Lad from my indoor league seems to have passed away yesterday. Early twenties. Fit enough to push the ball one side of me and go the other. Which isn't saying much, but christ.

Salazar

Horrible. Any idea what happened to him?

Nope. Nothing obviously up about a week ago, then a message yesterday that he was struggling, and today he's gone. Didn't know him that well, but you don't need to in order to feel it like a gut-punch.

Edit: Just asked around. Heart attack in bed. Got him on life support but they decided to switch it off yesterday.

GorillaJu

Nope. Nothing obviously up about a week ago, then a message yesterday that he was struggling, and today he's gone. Didn't know him that well, but you don't need to in order to feel it like a gut-punch.

No doubt. Going to take a break from indoor now? Don't think I could go back if that happened to someone in my league.

WJD

Seriously, how can mods allow shadyspace being a total twat and mockings of the 7/7 attacks, yet get all pathetic over the word cunt.

I don't know if someone already posted this, but Shevchenko left football today. He'll get into politics: I remember that a few years ago he was somehow influential in Ucraine.

So many memories, so many goals (Juve-GAF will remember 2003, I guess :p), so many trophies. Too bad that he had to leave with an incredibly stupid excuse.

Moobabe

Seriously, how can mods allow shadyspace being a total twat and mockings of the 7/7 attacks, yet get all pathetic over the word cunt.

I was going to try and write a clever response but I got nothing - but an explanation would be nice.

I don't know if someone already posted this, but Shevchenko left football today. He'll get into politics: I remember that a few years ago he was somehow influential in Ucraine.

So many memories, so many goals (Juve-GAF will remember 2003, I guess :p), so many trophies. Too bad that he had to leave with an incredibly stupid excuse.

What a player.

3Sixty

Ukraine is going to have the best government.

President Shevchenko.

Vice President Vitali Klitschko

Minister of defense Wlad Klitschko

Reyes was actually pretty good for us. Until he started being a fucking baby and said he was homesick even though his mum and his brother were living with him. He also said that there were some bad people at Arsenal.

Glad to hear we might have upped our bid for Cazorla, think he would be our record signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom