• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jensen

"He has a little look over his shoulder, that's what we were always taught at United, every great midfielder does it..."- Robbie Savage

"So why didn't you do it?"-Jake Humphrey

lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So what's the story between Mou and Ricardo Carvalho? He's not touring with Madrid.

I'll take him over Lulcio any day of the week.

Lucas Moura after his cameo today, sounds like a move is still very possible.

Lucas Moura came on for the last few minutes of Brazil’s 3-1 victory over Belarus at Old Trafford today and was impressed with our ground.

Fans had been chanting his name when it was still at 1-1, much to his surprise, before he eventually replaced goalscorer Alexandre Pato.

“The fans screaming my name was a very pleasant surprise, I was glad,” Lucas told ESPN Brazil. “I tried to do something in the little time I had to play, but most important is that we won and we qualified. The stadium and wonderful, it has a wonderful structure, it is fantastic. For me it was very cool. But now I’m focused on the selection. After that, I will address my future calmly. At the moment, I am player from Sao Paulo and I’m focused on the Olympics.”

Lucas claimed that his agent, Wagner Ribeiro, is dealing with any possible transfer, and that any details aren’t passed on to him whilst he’s playing in the Olympics.

“I do not want to worry about it,” he added. “I’m quiet about it because I am still very young. After the Olympics is over I will decide what to do. If I stay at Sao Paulo, I will still be happy.”

Lucio will be fine when it counts.

I'm also not altogether convinced that we'll NEED a CB, even if Bonucci gets banned, even with a back 3.

Barzagli--Lucio--Chiellini

Behind them I say we keep around Masi rather than loan him. We need to trust in our youth and he's been amazing thus far. Don't forget Vidal can also play as a CB. Also, rather than loan out Marrone, we keep him around for extra depth in both the middle and the defence. If we need to then we loan him out in January. Plus, Caceres will be back soon. If we're desperate, then we should recall Sorensen from Bologna.

Rad-

So Madrid pay another 30m for a player to sit on the bench. Unless Mou plays him alongside Alonso.

Will Alonso be a definite starter anymore though? Last season he was quite disappointing. Though that could be because he played so much and got zero rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom