• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

oh god shut up you knackers

drinking scrumpy and listening to 90s dance music. You should all be doing the same.

And just like that the Glazers have completed screwed Manchester United.

Only £73m to pay down debt from IPO proceeds.

Total u turn.

Lost for words. I thought this couldn't happen...but obv it can.

Snaku

Banned
Ordered my first kit, the 10/11 United away kit for $15 off the official store. I mainly got it to see how it fits before I order one with printing or badges. Thinking of getting the 12/13 away kit, but having two white kits seems kinda redundant. Think I might wait to see what the Chevy kits will look like next year.

Fuck these money grabbing pricks.

Fuck the Glazers, can't run either of their football teams for shit.

Glazers offering 10% of the club at $300, valuing club at $3bn.

I hope it fails. I'd rather that than them take our money.

Heart broken :( should have known this would happen

Clegg

Andy Green ‏@andersred

There is no way to positively spin this #MUFC IPO. Glazer family in desperate need of cash. That takes priority over club.
Sell the club then you wankers.

Andy Green ‏@andersred
16m shares to be issued to #MUFC senior management under "2012 Equity Incentive Award Plan". That's why Gill has stuck around....

FFS they're all in on it.

What's happened exactly? Viva sum this up, I don't understand all the jargon
Theyve totally changed what was said in the prospectus.

United will only pay down £73m of debt compared to the £150m-ish that we thought we'd get.

They will keep the rest.

I was under the assumption that they couldn't change that. But clearly they can and have. Just don't know what to say...Im not surprised but I didn't think it could happen this way.

Hixx

What's happened exactly? Viva sum this up, I don't understand all the jargon

well ive had a drink but I think they tried to do something to raise money for the club but stole half of it and nare now trying to sell 10% of the club

i think

Wilbur

Banned
well ive had a drink but I think they tried to do something to raise money for the club but stole half of it and nare now trying to sell 10% of the club

i think

I'm drinking as well and it's taking me a whole to read things. But I get it now. Pretty fucking pissed off.

mil6es

lol i expect Mr Fergurson in a a press conference in the morning shouting about what good owners the Glazers still are HAHA

PaulLFC

Would that affect the IPO?
Well, sort of. From what I understand, £150 million was supposed to be raised from this IPO, and that £150 million was supposed to go and pay off debt.

The IPO is still happening and they still hope to raise £150 million, only the Glazers will take half of that, so only £75 million will go to paying off debt instead of the full £150 million.

Clegg

I'm assuming that Chevrolet will be paying a large chunk of money upfront. I just hope that this goes to paying off the debt. The Glazers have really fucked us over here.

They must be in the shit financially.

I'm assuming that Chevrolet will be paying a large chunk of money upfront. I just hope that this goes to paying off the debt. The Glazers have really fucked us over here.

$100m up front.

No way that goes towards the debt :lol

Clegg

Hold on, are they actually valuing the club at $3b? How the fuck do they expect to attract investors with that?

Is this still being underwritten by Jeffries?

PaulLFC

I'm guessing the Chevrolet deal was leaked to try and deflect some attention from this news.

Andy Green ‏@andersred
Six Glazers will each get $25m from #MUFC IPO.

Hold on, are they actually valuing the club at $3b?

Yep.

With the news they're keeping half the money I'll be amazed if people still invest in this. Valuation itself is crazy but to know the debt isn't reduced by much on top...

KuGsj.gif

Absolutely fucking shameless.

kharma45

last I heard their malls in America were up shit creek without a paddle, they're, from what I remember, running very low on money.

Clegg

Uh oh. Expecting loss in the next FY (CL money).

Who on earth is going to invest after reading this!?

Fucking no-one.

£75m off the debt sounds ok until you realise that it will only wipe £4.4m off the interest bill.

If the Glazers continually try to fuck us over then Liverpool may even overtake us by 2030.

PaulLFC

Hold on, are they actually valuing the club at $3b? How the fuck do they expect to attract investors with that?

Seems so. I remember Hicks and Gillett having a completely ridiculous valuation of us when trying to argue we couldn't be sold to NESV, they got it from Forbes, and it was way, way out from our actual valuation. Wouldn't be surprised if this is something similar.

kharma45

Saw on twitter that apparently SAF had been promised plenty of funds this summer hence his recent comments.

Also, why are the Glazers listing us as MANU?

Clegg

Revenue..... down

Operating costs..... up

EBITDA.... down

Cash in bank as of 30th June 2012.... £70m

And thats after having spent £50m on interest in the same year.

FFS that money should be spent on players.

Revenue..... down

Operating costs..... up

EBITDA.... down

Cash in bank as of 30th June 2012.... £70m

And thats after having spent £50m on interest in the same year.

FFS that money should be spent on players.
Hold that thought Killer...

Just kidding it's over :(

PaulLFC

@andersred
Revenue down 3-5% vs 2010/11
Operating costs (mainly wages) up 4-5%
EBITDA down 16-18%
Cash in bank 70million
Already registered in the Cayman Islands before Aguero scored the title winning goal
If there is big demand for the IPO the Glazers can raise another $45 million for themselves.

Yen

Seems so. I remember Hicks and Gillett having a completely ridiculous valuation of us when trying to argue we couldn't be sold to NESV, they got it from Forbes, and it was way, way out from our actual valuation. Wouldn't be surprised if this is something similar.

The Forbes valuation was something mad like Actual value of club + total amount of debt + cost of new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom