• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
We had a good run guys.

Gonna go watch highlights of the 1999 CL final and then boot up FM.

Wilbury's already taken to drink. Slizz is probs still staring at that Alex Morgan picture. Clegg's laughing at Liverpool.

There are other joys in life.

the olny way to fuck off the glazers is to drink so mich they fuck off when they realise they've turned their fanbase to alchoism

Mediocrity? I want nothing less than a Leeds situation.

Eat my ass

Fintan

I'm not super clear on this, the Glazers bought the club entirely with loans and then put that debt onto the club and have been using the club's revenue to pay off the debt and give themselves money? And the IPO is just sort of a continuation of that?

Slizz

We had a good run guys.

Gonna go watch highlights of the 1999 CL final and then boot up FM.

Wilbury's already taken to drink. Slizz is probs still staring at that Alex Morgan picture. Clegg's laughing at Liverpool.

There are other joys in life.

Can't even stare at the picture too much... Pondering the future.

Clegg

I thought that initially but £75m off our debt only takes repayments down by somewhere in the region of £6-7m a year :\

I'm just trying to look at the best case scenario. The way the Glazers are going, it will take years before everything is paid off.

Debt is reduced by £4.4m per year if the IPO is successful. It's not much but it least it wouldn't just be disappearing.

PaulLFC

I'm not super clear on this, the Glazers bought the club entirely with loans and then put that debt onto the club and have been using the club's revenue to pay off the debt and give themselves money? And the IPO is just sort of a continuation of that?
Yep, pretty much.

kharma45

why 25m each?

iirc, glazers also own a nfl team and nfl teams make profit every year, no?

They own a lot of shopping malls that are broke, it's their main business iirc and it was doing very badly last time I read.

Debt is reduced by £4.4m per year if the IPO is successful. It's not much but it least it wouldn't just be disappearing.

Shite, dunno how I managed to extract such an optimistic figure.

Fintan

Has it been rumoured/mentioned that someone could possibly buy the club from the Glazers? Would they even be interested in selling?

Timurid

So it looks like Cazorla is going to be an Arsenal player by tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully, we can get Sahin on loan too that would be awesome. I heard a rumor that arsenal is interested in a defensive mid at Celtic. I think he is African forgot his name tho. Also, Wenger is going to raid Southampton again for the 17 year old left back Luke Shaw. I can't wait to see Giroud in action this season!!!!

PaulLFC

They own a lot of shopping malls that are broke, it's their main business iirc and it was doing very badly last time I read.
Yeah, the shopping mall business is on its arse. From what I understand profits from United help to pay off whatever debts and mortgages their shopping malls have.

So it looks like Cazorla is going to be an Arsenal player by tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully, we can get Sahin on loan too that would be awesome. I heard a rumor that arsenal is interested in a defensive mid at Celtic. I think he is African forgot his name tho. Also, Wenger is going to raid Southampton again for the 17 year old left back Luke Shaw. I can't wait to see Giroud in action this season!!!!
Wanmaya is his name I think.

PaulLFC

Has it been rumoured/mentioned that someone could possibly buy the club from the Glazers? Would they even be interested in selling?
I think the "Red Knights" or whatever they were called tried that, the Glazers didn't want to know. And at $3 billion or whatever ridiculous valuation they now have, who could afford it?

It was said that Dubai International Capital wanted to buy us but were put off by H&G's ridiculous valuation, and that was less than $1 billion, so at $3 billion... yeah...

Clegg

BTW: The Chevrolet deal is mentioned in the prospectus but no figures have been disclosed.

Makes me doubt the validity of Reuters report.

Salvadora

Still could be in for M'Baye Niang as well.

dc89

the olny way to fuck off the glazers is to drink so mich they fuck off when they realise they've turned their fanbase to alchoism

Eat my ass

They'd just buy shares in the most popular alcoholic beverage amongst United fans with United's money and profit from your misery.

Hmm. That's familiar.

Clegg

Wait wait wait... does this mean that there won't even be £75 million to pay off the debt? That only leaves around $12 million, but it's late and I've probably misread it somewhere.

It specifically mentions that £75m will be used to pay down debt if the IPO is successful.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
yeeeeeesssss

Bale not seriously injured, just a whack.

Raheem Sterling to Spurs doing the rounds again as well.

Arnie

I can't wait to see Giroud in action this season!!!!
I'm eager to see him too, thought he was excellent for Montpellier.

:lol :lol

Not happening, he's loving life under Rodgers, and Rodgers rates him highly.

Tony Barrett and Rory Smith have an article up about Agger on The Times, and it's as follows:

Marwood rang Ayre and said they'd be interested in buying Agger, but no bid has been placed, yet. The club told City that we have no intentions of selling. It would take an offer of immense magnitude, something that Rodgers could then use to make multiple signings, in order for us to accept any offer for Agger.

Yen

I'm eager to see him too, thought he was excellent for Montpellier.

:lol :lol

Not happening, he's loving life under Rodgers, and Rodgers rates him highly.

Tony Barrett and Rory Smith have an article up about Agger on The Times, and it's as follows:

Marwood rang Ayre and said they'd be interested in buying Agger, but no bid has been placed, yet. The club told City that we have no intentions of selling. It would take an offer of immense magnitude, something that Rodgers could then use to make multiple signings, in order for us to accept any offer for Agger.

And Liverpool start contract renegotiations.

PaulLFC

:lol No chance, luckily for us.

Excellent news, should hopefully put them off from making a bid. Although, was the offer of immense magnitude Tony B's thoughts or what the club said? I'd have hoped we'd just tell them we'll flat out refuse any offers for him.

Arnie

And Liverpool start contract renegotiations.
Forgot to add that.
Excellent news, should hopefully put them off from making a bid. Although, was the offer of immense magnitude Tony B's thoughts or what the club said? I'd have hoped we'd just tell them we'll flat out refuse any offers for him.
It's the thoughts of the club, that we'd only accept an offer that's so great it'd be tough to refuse because of the good it could do to the squad overall.

I've read a lot of reactionary moaning and whining about that on RAWK, but as I see it, that's what running a football club is: turning over your prized assets at their peak and using that to invest and improve. If we hadn't spunked the Torres money up the wall it would've been considered one of the greatest transfer moves in history, but unfortunately for us Mike Ashley scooped that award on the same day.

I love Agger, and Skrtel, but if an offer comes in that's exceptional, and we'll hold City out for a huge offer because we know they've got the money, then we'd be mad to say no. They're both 27, both in their peak, and both worth a lot of money. As long as it's reinvested wisely then we'll do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom