• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Andy Green ‏@andersred

If there is big demand for this IPO. The Glazer family can raise another $45m for themselves.

I just don't know what to say anymore.

At this stage you'd start to wonder if it's beneficial for the Glazers to have United in debt.

PaulLFC

I just don't know what to say anymore.

At this stage you'd start to wonder if it's beneficial for the Glazers to have United in debt.
I'd guess that as long as they're making money for themselves, like this £75 million and possible extra 45 million dollars, they couldn't give a shit what happens to the club, just like Hicks and Gillett with us. Only Hicks and Gillett were shit at making money from us.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm actually disgusted wits the chunks just been blathering to my girlfrined about them. She doesn't give a shif but I'm fucked off

"Upon the closing of this offering, the shares owned by our principal shareholder will represent 98.7% of the voting power "

"The interests of our principal shareholder might not coincide with the interests of the other holders of our capital stock"

It's at this point we find out just how stupid people can be with their money.

This reads so bad!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No that is now very much on.

YouTube vids plz.

iEoiZ23uyeJcW.gif

Only money is accepted, no IPO pls.

Clegg

From the prospectus:

We expect our net player capital expenditure to be for our fiscal year 2012 to be approximately 50 million (sterling)

Slight glimmer of hope for the #MouraPowellFuture

K1LLER7

Killer7

I think it's time we let #MouraPowellFuture go mate.

#GlazerPowellFuture it is.
:'(
We still got Bebe

Glazers, a bunch of money grabbing JT's. Fergie will have a press conference on Wednesday apparently. Hope somebody asks him about this shit the Glazers are pulling.

iEoiZ23uyeJcW.gif

Only money is accepted, no IPO pls.
We can pay with cabinets which you can put all your new shiny trophies in? Add ons of "POGBA" lettering to put on your shirts.

From the prospectus:

Slight glimmer of hope for the #MouraPowellFuture
I think I know how this one will play out.

In next years report, we expected revenue to be at a £50m loss last year, but the loss was actually only £15m. We saved £35m!!!

You give us money, you receive nothing in return.
It seriously is that.

Like I am just baffled at how anybody would invest in this or more than that how anyone thinks anybody would invest in this.

30th April - Kompany scores winner to send City clear of United at the top of the PremierLeague...whilst Glazers are registering the club in the Cayman Islands.

Seriously if you're born on the 30th of April, f**k you.

K1LLER7

A letter by a United fan (written before the IPO situation)

Dear Sir Alex,  

As lifelong Manchester United fans, we are disappointed and concerned by quotes attributed to you in a recent interview. Many of us are the same fans who protested to denounce Cubic Expression back in 2005. These are the same fans who had previously offered you their unwavering support during your private dispute over Rock of Gibraltar's breeding rights, despite Cubic Expression raising some very pertinent questions. In the spirit of fairness, we would like to invite you to clarify these comments by responding to a brief summary of our concerns:
1. You suggested that ‘the majority of real fans will look at it [Glazer ownership] and see that it’s not affecting the team’. Can you clarify what constitutes a real fan? 
2. With thousands of fans leaving the club in protest over the Glazer regime, do you consider these time-served reds to be less than real fans? 
3. Have you personally met with any of the dissenters to determine how deep their commitment and affection for United may be?
4. What are your thoughts on an atmosphere which gets markedly worse each season as more and more local, traditional fans are marginalised and alienated from the club? 
5. You are also quoted in the interview as claiming ‘I’m absolutely comfortable with the Glazers situation. They’ve been great’. You are clearly aware of the opposition from the United fan base - does that not make you uncomfortable in any way?
6. What, in your view, would constitute poor owners?
7. You have repeatedly claimed to have been backed financially whenever you have requested transfer funds. Is this your only consideration when determining what represents great ownership?
8. You continued the interview by saying that, ‘the salaries, agent fees – is just getting ridiculous now’. Whilst we agree in tone, it does represent a sea change in attitude from pre Glazer transfers. Agent fees in both the Ferdinand and Rooney transfers were criticised at the time for being excessive, so why does the club now refuse to meet market conditions for the top players? 
9. Do you believe Jorge Mendes’s £2.6m cut of the Bébé transfer, a full 35% of the total fee paid, represented good value?
10. With more than £250k leaving the club each day to service the Glazer debt, totalling over £500m since the takeover, is it so reprehensible for us to question your constant references to ‘value’?
Given your personal background and previous support for fan involvement we hope you take the trouble to respond to our deep concerns about both the club’s situation and the wording of the interview quoted. 
Signed
Concerned Manchester United Fans

Soi-Fong

I'm guessing the Chevrolet deal was leaked to try and deflect some attention from this news.

Andy Green ‏@andersred
Six Glazers will each get $25m from #MUFC IPO.

They can go burn in hell. WTF? Seriously, I still can't see how the hell Ferguson can stick up for these guys.

Really sad to see United in this state.

We had a good run guys.

Gonna go watch highlights of the 1999 CL final and then boot up FM.

Wilbury's already taken to drink. Slizz is probs still staring at that Alex Morgan picture. Clegg's laughing at Liverpool.

There are other joys in life.

Clegg

We had a good run guys.

Gonna go watch highlights of the 1999 CL final and then boot up FM.

Wilbury's already taken to drink. Slizz is probs still staring at that Alex Morgan picture. Clegg's laughing at Liverpool.

There are other joys in life.

Always take the opportunity to laugh at Liverpool.

Its one of lifes great pleasures.

PaulLFC

I still can't see how the hell Ferguson can stick up for these guys.
At a guess, they're still paying his wages and he has (some) funds available for transfers because of United's huge turnover.

This kind of situation was one of the reasons we love Rafa, he saw what was going on with Hicks and Gillett and fought it instead of sitting back and accepting it, or worse encouraging it as Ferguson seems to be doing. He let the fans know what was happening, and from then on it was him and us vs Hicks, Gillett and their directors.

Yen

At a guess, they're still paying his wages and he has (some) funds available for transfers because of United's huge turnover.

This kind of situation was one of the reasons we love Rafa, he saw what was going on with Hicks and Gillett and fought it instead of sitting back and accepting it, or worse encouraging it as Ferguson seems to be doing. He let the fans know what was happening, and from then on it was him and us vs Hicks, Gillett and their directors.

He started right after the 07 CL final, when none of us had a clue what was happening. Rafa's bitching got us Torres.

Soi-Fong

There is only one thing we can do now.

#OccupyOldTrafford

This. Lol no more proof is needed. United is Glazer's whore and fans can't do shit to save it from going further down. Apparently, heard from Red Cafe that Ferguson and Gill might personally get some money as well from this IPO.

If that is true, then they will be nothing but sellouts.

Clegg

Trying to look on the brightside.

The IPO is successful and we reduce debt by £75m. We have a decent season and at least make the CL QF. Revenue increases and debt is paid down a bit more.

The Chevrolet deal is, in fact, as large as Reuters are reporting. We use that money to at least partially pay down more of our debt and reduce the interest bill.

#graspingatstraws

kharma45

The IPO is successful and we reduce debt by £75m. We have a decent season and at least make the CL QF. Revenue increases and debt is paid down a bit more.

I thought that initially but £75m off our debt only takes repayments down by somewhere in the region of £6-7m a year :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom