• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Yeah, because we had to go for it. At 1-0 we could afford to feel out way back into the game. Are you really asking whether an utterly illegal goal for 2-0 in a Wembley semi-final derby made a difference?

I mentioned it because it was another freakish moment in an improbable end to Chelseas season.

The game settled at 2-1 for quite a while. Tottenham would have had to go for it whether they were 1-0 down or 2-1 down.

Yes, I am aware that if the goal was disallowed, Bale's goal might well have equalized and completely changed the game.

pulga

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS ALMOST TIME

images

VAMOS HONDURAS!!!

Every little thing that happens changes a football game, you'd be surprised.
Yeah, but teams have come back from worse. So to say that a 5-1 defeat was fluke because of one goal that wasn't is ridiculous.

Man, just remembering how crap Chelsea were last season and they still won a CL/FA Cup double.

What the hell.
We're currently looking worse. So high hopes for a treble this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know how anyone can say Chelsea didn't deserve to win the CL. Of course they were lucky, all the past CL winners were! :p

Wow, what a bunch of bullshit...

Palazzi's witness changed his story four-five times, and now the whole case is collapsing. Fucking kangaroo court.

Charles

I don't know how anyone can say Chelsea didn't deserve to win the CL. Of course they were lucky, all the CL winners are! :p

Palazzi's witness changed his story four-five times, and now the whole case is collapsing. Fucking kangaroo court.

Yeah, but you'll see how they'll prop it up in the end. Prediction: Death penalty for all Juve players, boardroom and cleaners.

:(

Last season was the worst.

At least you didn't become a laughing stock. Not that we weren't a laughing stock before last season, but it was like entering new realms of annoyance for me.

+Carling Cup win (which we scraped)
+FA Cup final

-Dozens of millions spent
-Awful return from new signings
-Poor season for Reina
-Dismal finishing throughout the team
-4 league goals from main striker
-Racism row, 8 match ban for Suarez
-Lucas out for over 6 months
-Gerrard out for months on end
-Spearing not replaced in January
-No January signings
-Reina and Doni getting sent off in consecutive games
-Carroll's dive against Newcastle
-Spearing playing
-Carragher keeping Coates away from the team
-Enrique turning to shit after 5 months
-Abysmal home record, losses to West Brom and the like
-Spearing
-Aquilani pointlessly on loan
-Finishing below Everton
-Being pretty much level with Fulham
-Finishing well below Newcastle
-Utter failure to take advantage of any period of poor form endured by our 'rivals'
-2 league wins in the last 10 or so matches

And people would have you believe that Kenny's sacking was some short-sighted travesty of a decision

As disappointed as I am and as poor as we have looked. Next week will be the real view of things to come. So eagerly awaiting that.

Oscar will walk straight in to this team imo.

Clegg

If Ancelotti was still in charge then I'd be worried about Chelsea.

TBH I think Di Matteo rode his luck a bit. Hes not a top class manager by any means.

Clegg

From Marca:

Mou sidelines Sahin

Sahin's days at Real Madrid appear to be numbered. The message from Mourinho in the friendly match against Los Angeles Galaxy was emphatic. It would not have been news to the Turk as he had already been playing the position in training but seeing the
Turkish player as left back was nonetheless surprising.

The former Borussia Dortmund player is working as part of the team at UCLA but his function is to plug the gaps in the squad during each of the Los Angeles work sessions.

Mou not only plays him out of position, he also opens the door for him to leave: “Playing for Real Madrid is very tough…His situation is not easy because we have a lot of midfielders. Whatever he decides, I want him to be happy”, the Portuguese coach commented.

Sahin travelled to Los Angeles with the team even though the club hoped that, during the course of the tour, he would pack his bags and return to Spain. However, Madrid’s agreement with a Premier League club is taking longer than expected.

In England, however, it looked like an agreement between Real Madrid and Arsenal for him to go out on loan was imminent. It was Manchester United that threw a spanner in the works, as MARCA reported. The Red Devils want a transfer for the Turkish player but Madrid are demanding a purchase option, something the English team is unwilling to accept.

Madrid would prefer to put the player out on loan and Arsenal continues to be the best candidate. The problem is that Wenger does not want to pay all of the footballer’s salary.

deroli

Dortmund just won 1:0 against Hamburg in an unimportant preseason match. But it was nice to see our boys back on the pitch. The yellow shirt fits Reus quite well I must say ;)
Tomorrow is the "final" against Bremen or Munich, which are playing right now.

Facism

Gold Member
first Arsenal didn't want to loan Sahin because Real didn't want a purchase option as part of the deal, and now Real wouldn't loan Sahin to United because United wouldn't accept a purchase option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom