• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

That's that then.

May aswell engrave Chelsea on the PL trophy right now.

We NEED 1/2 quality additions to the squad.

Considering nobody has left and your sqiad was pretty darn good to begin with, do you really need 1-2 additions?

I didn't get any sleep last night and now I have to endure two hours of torture.

I didn't get any sleep either. I'm so tired but can't fall asleep. :/

Clegg

Apparently SAF hasn't travelled with the squad so some people are speculating that hes attempting to finalize a transfer deal. I think thats slightly presumptuous. He could be staying in England for 100 different reasons.

Arnie

Awesome that Arsenal are signing Cazorla and Sahin :D Hopefully they will become champions next season.

I won't consider them true contenders until they make a couple of solid defensive signings, and I've seen that Giroud and Podolski can pick up where Van Persie left off.

Apparently SAF hasn't travelled with the squad so some people are speculating that hes attempting to finalize a transfer deal. I think thats slightly presumptuous. He could be staying in England for 100 different reasons.
He's playing a round of 18 with David Moyes, the winner gets Baines.

dc89

Considering nobody has left and your sqiad was pretty darn good to begin with, do you really need 1-2 additions?

I didn't get any sleep either. I'm so tired but can't fall asleep. :/

Well when everyone around you improves I think you have to too.

dc89

'Come this way Lucas, if you sign here I'll let you meet Sir Bobby, you'd like that wouldn't you laddy?'

I can hear it now.

qindarka

Banned
That's that then.

May aswell engrave Chelsea on the PL trophy right now.

We NEED 1/2 quality additions to the squad.

Chelsea finished 25 points behind last season. It is very unlikely that City will be overhauled by any team except United.

Clegg

I won't consider them true contenders until they make a couple of solid defensive signings, and I've seen that Giroud and Podolski can pick up where Van Persie left off.

He's playing a round of 18 with David Moyes, the winner gets Baines.

I'd rather have Fellaini tbh.

I'd rather have Fellaini tbh.

I'll never understand the obsession with Fellaini. For a DM he's not even a great tackler. No vision or technique. He's just big and aggressive but isn't particularly mobile. Has the odd good game like he did against us (although he pretty much played AM in that game). Are you all confusing how good he is in real life with how good he is in FM?

Only thing I particularly like about him is his hair.

faridmon

You will never understand and recognize true beauty when you see it, second from left (nsfw) http://i.imgur.com/xZ3IA.jpg

Somehow, I am not surprised. That where Solbakken used to coach. That joke club is becoming a troll club by know

I'll never understand the obsession with Fellaini. For a DM he's not even a great tackler. No vision or technique. He's just big and aggressive but isn't particularly mobile. Has the odd good game like he did against us (although he pretty much played AM in that game). Are you all confusing how good he is in real life with how good he is in FM?

You really have no clue, do you?

Keep it that way, will ya, I rather not lose him.
We gave Fellaini obscene space in that 4-4.
If it makes you better, you are not the only team that underestimate him greatly. He dominates in games such as that.

Clegg

Nah, I've always liked Fellaini. He isn't the most consistent but I think he could be brilliant with better players around him. He'd thrive at United.

Slizz

Fellani is solid, has been for years. And uh, yeah his size is a great help for the position he plays. Dangerous on set pieces in the box also.

Zabojnik

Juventus - Malaga tonight. Looking forward to seeing CazorlaMaresca play. I completely forgot he was at Malaga. Enzino forever in our hearts!

marescacorna.jpg

'Come this way Lucas, if you sign here I'll let you meet Sir Bobby, you'd like that wouldn't you laddy?'

I can hear it now.
Better than "come this way and meet Patrick Vieira of Arsenal fame cos our biggest legend Mike Summerbee is a complete twat".

Not better than £200k a week though..

Facism

Gold Member
Shame Sahin's first season with Real was ruined with injuries. He was pretty great in the Turkey international friendlies before the Euros kicked off.

Christ. Just fell off my bike and banged the bottom of my knee pretty bad. There's a bit of a gash, but what's worrying me is that the knee feels so tight. I can flex it, but have no strength to pull my leg back too far. Put ice on it and keeping it elevated, hope I haven't torn something in my knee. Thankfully it's not the knee that I had to get fixed last time.

Wilbur

Banned
Zabojnik's avatar bahahah

Just been to the park and walked the dog, nice little bit of rain. Getting a proper naughty Chinese later and then hitting the pub.

Wilbur

Banned
Also just seen Viva's response to dc. Fucking laughed. Viva you hot piece of ass

Also Fellaini's got bags of technique, dunno where Laboured is coming from. Mind you, he says a lot of things I find confusing.

Carbonox

Is Jeremy Toulalan even any good? Can't see why he's even a target for Newcastle given he's 28 years old. Unless he's like 5m or less. Would much rather have Anita who can play LB too.

Kyoufu

Is Jeremy Toulalan even any good? Can't see why he's even a target for Newcastle given he's 28 years old. Unless he's like 5m or less. Would much rather have Anita who can play LB too.

Pretty sure it's just tabloid bollocks. The only old-ish player we are ever going to be after is Debuchy.

Read that we put in a 7.5 million pound bid for Anita. Make it happen.

To be fair they're just resigning players that they wrongly let go. Newcastle will be doing the same soon, hopefully.

We'll take Enrique. Trololol

Splatt

I don't know how good in real life De Jong from Ajax is, but in my FM save, he is tearing shit up.

Some PL team should sign him. Same goes for Honda from CSKA.

He should first grow an awesome moustache. It's all in the moustache. Ask Krasic.

faridmon

I don't know how good in real life De Jong from Ajax is, but in my FM save, he is tearing shit up.

Some PL team should sign him. Same goes for Honda from CSKA.

Honda is getting wasted up there. I think he a real talent that needs to blossom elsewhere.

Kyoufu

because you've seen him play plenty of times and you think he'd be an excellent signing or because you just want newcastle to sign a new player? :p

I don't watch foreign leagues. I, just like many others here, hump the shrine of any target we're linked with.

So the latter :p

In all seriousness though, I've heard great things about him, especially his ability to play one-touch passing. Which is going to be very good for us.

Also just seen Viva's response to dc. Fucking laughed. Viva you hot piece of ass

Also Fellaini's got bags of technique, dunno where Laboured is coming from. Mind you, he says a lot of things I find confusing.

Well I don't think he'd survive in a midfield which operated on pass and move principles rather than Everton's very direct play. Unimpressive first touch and passing ability. I don't see how that would work at United.

Also, to be an effective DM in a side that spends most of its time attacking you need to be pretty mobile to cover your full backs, which Fellaini isn't.

Carbonox

Newcastle's lineup against Den Haag:

Tim Krul; Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini (c), Davide Santon; Gabriel Obertan, Cheick Tiote, Haris Vuckic, Jonas Gutierrez; Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba

4pm kick-off.

Wilbur

Banned
Well I don't think he'd survive in a midfield which operated on pass and move principles rather than Everton's very direct play. Unimpressive first touch and passing ability. I don't see how that would work at United.

Also, to be an effective DM in a side that spends most of its time attacking you need to be pretty mobile to cover your full backs, which Fellaini isn't.

Well he's not a DM, he's an all round CM. More attacking if anything, but he puts himself about.

I don't think being direct is necessarily a bad thing; Valencia's a poor passer and doesn't have the greatest control, but he can whip a ball in like no one can. I'd love him at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom