• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Yeah, it's a horrific combination. They're nothing compared to Bill, Eamon, Johnny and Liam. At least they're entertaining.

I recently saw Dunphy described in the Sunday Times as "the self-confessed cocaine user" which says it all really.

Meier

Dzeko coming on versus his old team. I like how the guy holding up the sign for subs is in a t-shirt in jeans.. wonder if he won a contest?

Meier

I don't recall Clevdog doing anything of value in this match. A change would be needed.

Haven't really seen anything from him in any of the matches I've watched. Can't say he makes me very scared.. happy for United to count on him.

Edit: Aguero limping off.. missed what happened. Hopefully nothing serious!

Commentator makes a good point vis-a-vis the lack of subs. Trying to get these players as close to 90 minutes as possible. These players are probably going to be part of the team's plans (wasn't always obvious in the case of Marrone, for instance, or Matri). In the case of Vidal, he looked exhausted, and PDC had been injured and needed a run out to get him going.

Meier

He's 4th choice for United, not exactly counting on him.

Maybe not this year, but Giggs and Scholes can't have more than a year left. If you listened to the United fans here, he'd be a starter on every other team in the league.

In his defense, that was a lovely pass to Sturridge there.

I'm a Matri apologist. I think he needs to stay, and I think he was crucial for us last season (Milan draw, Napoli come back?). He's a great player, not world class, not a #1, but a solid striker. And he plays with some confidence now.

Lots of subs now. Think I saw 4 players. At least Giaccherini, I think Pogba.

GQman2121

Banned
Maybe not this year, but Giggs and Scholes can't have more than a year left. If you listened to the United fans here, he'd be a starter on every other team in the league.

In his defense, that was a lovely pass to Sturridge there.

When he came on, Kyle Martino described him as Great Britain's most important player...... :S

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BONUCCIIIIIII

The black Verratti and the Italian Messi in.

Edit: Bonucci is the Italian Beckenbauer confirmed.

Meier

We have Ryo for that though and he is actually a decent player.

He's a national hero, probably sold a good number of shirts and improved Arsenal's standing in South Korea.. worth a shot.

Can't believe Korea just had such a free header.. no reason they shouldn't have just gone up 2-1.

Hixx

Random question: is anybody here using Sixaxis in Windows 7 (64-bit) over USB? What drivers are you using?

Motioninjoy. Google it, follow the instructions (its not that straight forward to set up, but once it's set up its essentially plug and play).

TeegsD

Random question: is anybody here using Sixaxis in Windows 7 (64-bit) over USB? What drivers are you using?
MotionInJoy(sp?) is what I use. Was rough when it first came out but its really solid nowadays. Ive used it to play Arkahm Asylum and Super Meat Boy on PC. Also worked well with this N64 emulator I had.

Zabojnik

Motioninjoy. Google it, follow the instructions (its not that straight forward to set up, but once it's set up its essentially plug and play).

MotionInJoy(sp?) is what I use. Was rough when it first came out but its really solid nowadays. Ive used it to play Arkahm Asylum and Super Meat Boy on PC. Also worked well with this N64 emulator I had.

I will also suggest MotionJoy. It works really well and is easy to setup.

Third for motioninjoy. I still find it a bit shit to use but I haven't updated my drivers.

Thanks guys. I knew about MotionJoy, but I was hoping for a more ... elegant solution. Guess not. I have the wireless xbox 360 adapter for PC, but I can't play PES(2013 demo) with 360's pad. It just feels unnatural to me. :p

dc89

My GF has really uncharacteristically into the Olympics. She's been going mad for Ennis and Mo tonight.

Next... Football & City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom