• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

can you describe the gameplay? I've heard people talking and it sounds cool but just to get an idea

It's an FPS with an emphasis on stats, rather than pure precision and reflexes. There's RPG elements too, and the game runs in a 'hub and spoke' model, where there's always a general base type place that you then accept missions from which send you out into the wider world.

can you describe the gameplay? I've heard people talking and it sounds cool but just to get an idea

Explorable and large hub maps, with areas spreading from them. Do main missions to unlock paths to other hub maps, with other areas. Do side missions for XP, items and fun, and to satisfy the completionist in you. Gameplay is basically a loose, satisfying FPS with a lot of driving sections. Choose a character at the start, each character has a different ability and different perks. Find loot, find better loot, sell redundant loot, find loot.

Its really good. I've avoided fast travel so far.

Messi

Paul Greengrass is making a documentary on the Guardiola era. I can't wait for that.

Rogers comes across very well in this video, also fucking hell at Lucas on that threadmill.

Messi

FC Barcelona - The Guardiola System

If you guys have a spare 10 mins, watch this video. The start of it makes me smile where Guardiola is talking about keeping the ball. Then all the amazing clips (I love the part about messi and all the really quick goals). But about 6 mins in, things change. The torres goal in the CL semi's. Then Guardiolas speech after the final home game. It makes me cry every time I watch it. Like a baby. It makes me so sad. Such a lovely speech.

Great video

rodvik

Decent performance (that is to say 1000X better than last season. Very bummed about gabby though, hope he is ok.

Its not EPL opposition but its still nice to see us dominate possession.

Arnie

If you guys have a spare 10 mins, watch this video. The start of it makes me smile where Guardiola is talking about keeping the ball. Then all the amazing clips (I love the part about messi and all the really quick goals). But about 6 mins in, things change. The torres goal in the CL semi's. Then Guardiolas speech after the final home game. It makes me cry every time I watch it. Like a baby. It makes me so sad. Such a lovely speech.

Great video

Thanks, love these things. Will watch then go to bed, as I'm properly knackered.

Kyoufu

Great video

Hopefully Guardiola returns to Barcelona some day. I don't want to see him with City or Man United.

Messi

Hopefully Guardiola returns to Barcelona some day. I don't want to see him with City or Man United.

I would have him back tomorrow if he wanted to come back. I hope he comes back to the club in some form in the future. The line that kills me most in that video is him saying "Know this, this club will never lose me". <3 Pep

Arnie

That Guardiola video was excellent, I've got no connection whatsoever to the club but I felt a tear welling as he said goodbye. Wouldn't want to step into Tito's shoes, the analogy of the belt was spot on, and even the best can't handle such intense pressure forever. Does put Ferguson's achievements into perspective too, even if he never built a team quite as brilliant as Pep's Barca.

Agreed. Actually I think our strongest 4 midfeilders, KEA/Bannan/Ireland/Holman are all looking tasty.

You get out to the game ?
Yes! It was memorizing! I wanted to watch another 90' minutes. I got into an argument with a Tottenham fan who thought we looked awful because we only won 1-0. I called him a moron.

Kyoufu

That Guardiola video was excellent, I've got no connection whatsoever to the club but I felt a tear welling as he said goodbye. Wouldn't want to step into Tito's shoes, the analogy of the belt was spot on, and even the best can't handle such intense pressure forever. Does put Ferguson's achievements into perspective too, even if he never built a team quite as brilliant as Pep's Barca.

SAF built great teams though. Young, but brilliant teams. If he hadn't, we would have won the PL at least twice. :( *shakes fist*

Messi

So, imagine what its like for me. Someone who has watched every game of the Guardiola Era and beyond. I could never love another club like I love Barcelona.

Arnie

Leo Messi - Destined to be the best

From the same guy. Man the interview with his former coach. its killing me.

Edit: oh man, he is dead :(
Fuck me.
SAF built great teams though. Young, but brilliant teams. If he hadn't, we would have won the PL at least twice. :( *shakes fist*
Not disputing any of that, and don't really have the energy to get into a deep conversation about it, but I just mean purely a single team. Guardiola's Barca are all time greats.

Excellent. Yeah I thought we played well. You should have decked that guy 8)
We ended on an agreement that we hope Liverpool get relegated. Lol. sorry Liverpool-GAF

I can't wait for the Portland game and my heart is now bleeding deeper shades f claret and blue ( and neon green) than it has before.

I'll write up my day tomorrow or Monday. Suh a great experience.

Messi

Fuck me.

Not disputing any of that, and don't really have the energy to get into a deep conversation about it, but I just mean purely a single team. Guardiola's Barca are all time greats.

That messi video... FUCK. START THE SEASON, I NEED TO SEE MORE MESSI

rodvik

We ended on an agreement that we hope Liverpool get relegated. Lol. sorry Liverpool-GAF

I can't wait for the Portland game and my heart is now bleeding deeper shades f claret and blue ( and neon green) than it has before.

Look forward to it !

ATF487

Glad to hear you had fun! I have the similar experience on wednesday, having a feeling my friend might bail but I'll just find some scousers to have bants with

choodi

Banned
Agreed. Actually I think our strongest 4 midfeilders, KEA/Bannan/Ireland/Holman are all looking tasty.

You get out to the game ?

What makes you think that Holman is going to be any good for you?

Every time I have watched him play for Australia, he has been awful.

Can't hold a position, can't pass a ball to his own players, can't hold the ball up. can't cross, shoots when he should be passing, passes when he should shoot...

The only thing he has going for him is energy and commitment. But if those things won you matches, then football would be a different game

rodvik

What makes you think that Holman is going to be any good for you?

Every time I have watched him play for Australia, he has been awful.

Can't hold a position, can't pass a ball to his own players, can't hold the ball up. can't cross, shoots when he should be passing, passes when he should shoot...

The only thing he has going for him is energy and commitment. But if those things won you matches, then football would be a different game

Every friendly he has played so far he has been a sharp one touch attacking midfielder, holding well as part of the midfield unit. Oh he has also scored as well.

I have not ever seen him play for australia nor has he played in a competitive match yet so he could still be a flop, but every time so far he has run out in a villa shirt he has played well, very well actually.

edit: I am surprised about your passing comment, he has been one of our best passers. Maybe because Lamberts system encourages very short intricate passes rather than longer ones? I dunno,, But yeah his passing so far has bene excellent.

choodi

Banned
Every friendly he has played so far he has been a sharp one touch attacking midfielder, holding well as part of the midfield unit. Oh he has also scored as well.

I have not ever seen him play for australia nor has he played in a competitive match yet so he could still be a flop, but every time so far he has run out in a villa shirt he has played well, very well actually.

edit: I am surprised about your passing comment, he has been one of our best passers. Maybe because Lamberts system encourages very short intricate passes rather than longer ones? I dunno,, But yeah his passing so far has bene excellent.

Should be interesting to see how he performs over the season.

I have never been able to watch him play outside of his games for Australia, so my viewpoint is not 100% informed.

My hope is that he learns to convert that abundant energy into consistent performances, because that is good for Australia's chances of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup. But if he scores against Newcastle, I WILL be hating on him!!!

Meier

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Everyone watch this now. Right now. Stop what you're doing and watch it. All the way through. Then again, and again, and again.

Preview for the HBO documentary on LFC. That ending gave me more goosebumps than any film or game trailer I've ever seen. It really goes places. There's a scene where Lucas is fucking sprinting on a treadmill, looking like he's fleeing from a gunman. It's straight out of Hollywood.

If anyone's aware of how much I enjoy cheesy, homemade Youtube videos, they'll begin to understand my reaction to this.
It's actually not an HBO series but an original from Fox Soccer Channel. It was previously going to be called Our Liverpool: Never Walk Alone but they changed the branding to be a part of a bigger series of programs.

Here was the original press release about it from April when it was announced: http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/binary/2012/04/26/LFC_Never_Walk_Alone1335450766652.pdf

G-Unit

tumblr_lp3jkkOW5T1qd81gqo1_500.gif

Stop Jinxing us.

I'm hoping the OP is a good omen. Hehe

Meier

September 2024 and Lacina Traore has 112 goals in 103 caps for Ivory Coast. Hot damn. Still at CSKA Moscow who he moved to from Kuban in 2012.

I guess in real life, Anzhi just bought him for &#8364;18m last month.

Salazar

Bunch of folks on both sides of the Glazer thing are properly embarrassing themselves at the moment.

And I think I might actually loathe the inchoately Marxist superfan numpties more.

Rad-

Out of interest, how exactly do clubs of the size of Man Utd and Liverpool allow their players to become overweight? Their diets and regimes are strictly monitored, so how does it happen? If its because Anderson and Cole eat the Wednesday jacket potato and coleslaw, then waddle home and devour a family-pack of chocolate eclairs, that's surely worth disciplinary action?

No idea but there was an interview where Ferguson said Anderson has so slow metabolism that the normal United training/diet makes him fat. He was on a special diet last summer and looked better then, no idea what he is on now.

Zabojnik

Shit, Caceres knee injury looks pretty bad. Hopefully his season isn't already over. Fuck. :/ Juve should sue whoever is responsable for the state of that pitch yesterday. Pepe will probably have to skip the SuperCoppa, Vucinic is okay, it was just cramps.

www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-...en-spurs-position-177106?#YyhSkv0oiZJ28C4R.02

How reliable is this Graham Hunter? He says that Arsenal are ahead of everyone to sign Santi Cazorla. Is this player any good? Would he work well with us?

Graham Hunter can sensationalise stories and certainly isn't as reliable as Sid Lowe, but he does have his sources.

As for Cazorla, he's fantastic. Was Spanish POTY in 07, and has upped his game even further since he was injured for the World Cup. He's got quick feet, an excellent passer and always wants the ball. He's not a speed-demon, but is nippy in the same manner as Rosicky. Mobile, always moving. He's at least on par with Mata, though when they were both in Spain Cazorla was considered the better player. He'll be able to play anywhere in our midfield (besides DM, obviously), and start.

We wanted him last summer but Malaga's millions made the difference.

Anderson

11/12 Premier League Years is on atm, What a season it was. Sky Sports is free this weekend if people want to watch the end of it, up to march atm and the dramas about to unfold again

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not even the 629m fans could do it.
That would be amazing! 1 dollar per fan and you're out of debt!
Shit, Caceres knee injury looks pretty bad. Hopefully his season isn't already over. Fuck. :/ Juve should sue whoever is responsable for the state of that pitch yesterday. Pepe will probably have to skip the SuperCoppa, Vucinic is okay, it was just cramps.
Fucking terrible.

Pepe was actually fine until the ref asked him to take off that plaster thingy on his thigh, because it was...the wrong colour :///////////////////////////////////////

dc89

11/12 Premier League Years is on atm, What a season it was. Sky Sports is free this weekend if people want to watch the end of it, up to march atm and the dramas about to unfold again

It was first aired Friday night. Awesome viewing.

I still feel sick when QPR go 2-1 up. Even though I know the outcome.

Just finished watching Season 1 of The Walking Dead. Anyone here have an opinion on that show? I quite like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom