• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

It was first aired Friday night. Awesome viewing.

I still feel sick when QPR go 2-1 up. Even though I know the outcome.

Just finished watching Season 1 of The Walking Dead. Anyone here have an opinion on that show? I quite like it.

Do you not even read this thread? Lol there has been a discussion on the Walking Dead practically every day over the last week

Plasma

Banned
Very good, quick two footed winger. Always liked him. Definitely would fit into Arsenal.

I doubt he's moving for under 20 million though.

From what I've read Malaga aren't doing that great financially and their owners don't want to spend a lot of money which is why the price for him would be cheap.

Fingers crossed that we sign him, would be nice to pick up a good right winger then if Theo goes it won't be much of a blow and if he stays we can try pushing him into a forward role.

I've loved both seasons of The Walking Dead. Every episode, even the slow ones. And yes, I'm aware of the fact that only 2 or 3 characters are likeable, and all of them make the most ridiculous decisions imaginable.

I also long for FlashForward to return, so take my TV opinions with a grain of salt :p

Zabojnik

Just finished watching Season 1 of The Walking Dead. Anyone here have an opinion on that show? I quite like it.

The pilot was great, went downhill from there. It has it's moments, if mostly for the zombies / gore. Most of the characters suck and the writing ranges from mediocre to terrible. Despite all that ... it's watchable, I guess, or I wouldn't be watching it. I have no idea why the comic is so popular. Bought the first Walking Dead compendium and while it's alright, it's really nothing to write home about. Must be the zombies. They seem to go in and out of fashion every 15 years or so.

Wessiej

Went to Ajax-Celtic last night, jesus christ Celtic does suck. Really one of the worst teams I've ever seen....fans are awesome though.

Hixx

We did a win this morning. Mixture of our reserves and yoofs beat FC Groningen 3-2. Our winning goal was superb.

i5aamao1nrv2x.gif

Also: the Daily Mail are STILL reporting that the IiA deal is worth £20m a year - which is what Liverpool, Man United & City get from their equivalent sponsors.

I really don't get all the Modric case.

We really don't need it and the press does nothing but encourage him to act like a JT, this is so disgusting.

Our team is well balanced, we only need a LB and sell Lass and Kaká.

GorillaJu

Fuck me just finished the final, final fight in Dragon's Dogma.

GOTY and maybe my favorite of the generation! Fucking awesome game.

Linius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0JHKIyS_-U&feature=player_embedded

Was this goal posted yet? Damn nice.

I liked the first season very much, except for the last bit of the last episode. Season two wasn't that great, but it had it's moments I'd say. Things are looking promising for the next season though, so I'll keep watching.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck me just finished the final, final fight in Dragon's Dogma.

GOTY and maybe my favorite of the generation! Fucking awesome game.

Is the combat turn based or like Skyrim/Demon's Souls? It isn't like Drago Age is it, because that was wank.

Someone just walked in the shop with a Lech Poznan t shirt

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Early reports suggesting Caceres' injury is not as serious as originally feared. He could be back in a month. (La Stampa)

I'll wait for us to confirm this.

GorillaJu

Demon's Souls is my game of the gen and I don't think Dragon's Dogma is better, but it's close.

Lack of quick travel is part of what makes it good, IMO. Few games actually make you feel like you're in an actual, physical world.

It's also not the type of game that blows you away right away, which is good. It gets better continuously.

K1LLER7

Is the combat turn based or like Skyrim/Demon's Souls? It isn't like Drago Age is it, because that was wank.

Someone just walked in the shop with a Lech Poznan t shirt
Not turn based, I'd say a little like demon/Dark souls (not played Skyrim or DA).

Finished watching New Girl. So good, you guys should watch it if you don't already.

Bumhead

Banned
We play Sporting Lisbon tonight. Dress rehearsal for the 2015 UEFA Cup Final.

Think there's some streams if there's nothing more interesting on, or if anyone's really bored and fancies it..

Fintan

Watching Shanghai Shenhua play Guangzhou F.C. Drogba's warming up on the sidelines, he'll probably play in the second half. Anelka just hit the post.

Kyoufu

Demon's Souls is my game of the gen and I don't think Dragon's Dogma is better, but it's close.

Lack of quick travel is part of what makes it good, IMO. Few games actually make you feel like you're in an actual, physical world.

It's also not the type of game that blows you away right away, which is good. It gets better continuously.

Wholeheartedly agree with Dogma. So good.

Kyoufu

As the transfer window closes,
Footy-GAF posting Olivia Wilde in different poses,
Can't help but feel like whining,
When we've had no signings,
Should probably just buy Victor Moses.

rififi

I really don't get all the Modric case.

We really don't need it and the press does nothing but encourage him to act like a JT, this is so disgusting.

Our team is well balanced, we only need a LB and sell Lass and Kaká.

LB? isn't another RB and CB more necessary? Carvalho hasn't even trained with the team yet, Albiol doesn't get any playing time (and I remember you were always worried when he did play), and Varane is still very young.
Most importantly though, Arbeloa doesn't have a real RB backup and will be 30 by the end of this coming season. So the biggest priority should be a backup RB if Ramos is going to continue to start in the center.

Coentrao and Marcelo are more than enough to cover the left side. Coentrao may not have had the best season, but he did play well in the Euro, so he certainly has the potential to play well.

LB? isn't another RB and CB more necessary? Carvalho hasn't even trained with the team yet, Albiol doesn't get any playing time (and I remember you were always worried when he did play), and Varane is still very young.
Most importantly though, Arbeloa doesn't have a real RB backup and will be 30 by the end of this coming season. So the biggest priority should be a backup RB if Ramos is going to continue to start in the center.

Coentrao and Marcelo are more than enough to cover the left side. Coentrao may not have had the best season, but he did play well in the Euro, so he certainly has the potential to play well.

Arbeloa can play as LB or RB, but only if he stays defending. Albiol can also play as an RB, my biggest fear is if Marcelo gets injured. Coentrao does not top him. 30M for a good-for-nothing. Fucking Mourinho.

Lass can play as RB too, but I really hope he gets kicked out, it's a pain in the bench although he's a nice midfielder.

TeegsD

We play Sporting Lisbon tonight. Dress rehearsal for the 2015 UEFA Cup Final.

Think there's some streams if there's nothing more interesting on, or if anyone's really bored and fancies it..

I really hope there are streams but don't even know if I should bother because we don't tend to win our pre-season games

Messi

As the transfer window closes,
Footy-GAF posting Olivia Wilde in different poses,
Can't help but feel like whining,
When we've had no signings,
Should probably just buy Victor Moses.

tumblr_m5dvtg69781qk19xqo1_400.gif

Someone has too much time on his hands/is going crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom