• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody using LiveOnlineFooty get this shitty white site now? I had this issue with Chrome, switched to IE for watching it and that was fine. Not it's goosed too.

Edit: sorted, there's two log in buttons, one is a load of crap.

TeegsD

How big is an L on you? I know for a fact that ST's XL is not a true XL and it's a little bit smaller. So it might not be too big of a risk to try for the XL.

L's fit just right on me. I'll probably end up ordering at least one jersey in XL first just to see how it is.

FootballFan

So why does Madrid want Modric? Can anyone explain? He will not make a huge difference to their team, he will be on the bench mostly, he will cost a lot, he seems like an asshole with all his off the pitch bs, Madrid have Sahin!, Spurs would be losing out on an important player. Only 1 positive would come out of it for either team, Spurs would be getting quite a lot of money. :S

FC Barcelona - The Guardiola System

If you guys have a spare 10 mins, watch this video. The start of it makes me smile where Guardiola is talking about keeping the ball. Then all the amazing clips (I love the part about messi and all the really quick goals). But about 6 mins in, things change. The torres goal in the CL semi's. Then Guardiolas speech after the final home game. It makes me cry every time I watch it. Like a baby. It makes me so sad. Such a lovely speech.

Great video

Man I miss Eto'o :(

Leo Messi - Destined to be the best

From the same guy. Man the interview with his former coach. its killing me.

Edit: oh man, he is dead :(

So sad, he says Messi is better than Maradona there, that's before he even had his first great season(08/09 one) and not even his first balon d'or :( Imagine what he would think of Messi today.

www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-...en-spurs-position-177106?#YyhSkv0oiZJ28C4R.02

How reliable is this Graham Hunter? He says that Arsenal are ahead of everyone to sign Santi Cazorla. Is this player any good? Would he work well with us?

Cazorla is so good. Has always been very good and did extremely well with both Villareal and Malaga(left Villareal they got relegated, joined Malaga they qualified for CL :p ). Spain are lucky to have so many good players lol.

Imo Arsenal should always be targeting cheap but good and effective players, like Cazorla and Afellay for example(Arteta worked out great imo, dont know if he was cheap though).

I had to adjust from PES to FIFA's shoot button.

PES was Square for me but FIFA is Circle.

Since you cross less(well thats my case) and since you slide tackle less(well thats also me), square for shooting is much better imo. Thumbs are always pointed inwards, so you have faster reactions to shoot. Hence why square is used for 'brake' in racing games. I always adjust fifa to PES controls. Don't know if that made any sense, but I'm posting it regardless. :p

Coincidentally, I just started reading "I am Zlatan Ibrahimovic". Have you guys read it? It's been out for a while now, I know. I'm reading the slovenian translation (for professional reasons) and ... I don't know man, it's pretty terrible. I don't consider myself a literary snob, but this reads like it was written by, well, Zlatan. I'm on page 30 and the bad phrasing and the repetitivness of it all is seriously getting to me. Does it get any better or is this it? 350+ pages of Zlatan whining?

This video sums up Ibrahimovic.

Bonus: Theo Walcott: What does he do exactly?

Wessiej

How big is an L on you? I know for a fact that ST's XL is not a true XL and it's a little bit smaller. So it might not be too big of a risk to try for the XL.

Soccertriads shirts are all over the place. I got from a M to a XL, and they all fit me. I just play it safe and go for a size bigger everytime, because you never know.

Slizz

I got the new Juve Home Pirlo shirt in my basket on ST right now, just dunno if I want to order it now since it won't be dispatched till sometime in August.

Joe

BEHOLD!

8ctWQ.png

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I've been browsing through vids and pic of the last season for about 1h. Looking forward to Saturday

elseanio

Sorry hitcher, was watching batman in preparation for tomorrow! I haven't set my team up yet, will PM you once I'm done (and yes, my name's Seán)

PaulLFC

"@themichaelowen How much did it cost to advertise yourself at the Liverpool-Toronto match last night?"

mrsub.JPG

I really need to join the fantasy league, haven't made a team yet though. I'll get that sorted.

Clegg

STANDBY

#MouraPowellFuture is upon us.

The Mirror - United agree fee for Lucas Moura

Shame it's probably bollocks huh.

My trousers are down.

Mirror are reporting that Sao Paolo have accepted a £26m bid. But they said a few days ago that anything under £30 wouldn't be accepted. Reading througfh that article makes me think that they've given themselves enough of an out so they won't be completely red faced when this turns out to be bollocks.

Pulls trousers back up.

PaulLFC

Who doesn't? If you are a normal person, you grew up playing ISS/PES, and then continued on FIFA.
So true. Grew up with ISS, then Pro Evo. Played FIFA 2003 and thought it was alright, nowhere near the level of PES. The next FIFA I played was 2008. As much as I like FIFA, I still don't think it has that "magic" that PES has.

Clegg

It's funny cos directly below it there are links to the following stories.

"Gimme Moura: United's £29.8m bid for starlet isn't enough say Sao Paulo"

"United to make final £32m Moura offer"

But now, £26m is enough. Hmm.

It's possible that he's decided to waive his 20% cut from the transfer fee.

Not holding out on that possibility though.

sneaky77

It's funny cos directly below it there are links to the following stories.

"Gimme Moura: United's £29.8m bid for starlet isn't enough say Sao Paulo"

"United to make final £32m Moura offer"

But now, £26m is enough. Hmm.

Sao Paulo tried to push the issue and teams backed out, so they only had that offer left? Or there may be incentives for titles won and performance.

It's possible that he's decided to waive his 20% cut from the transfer fee.

Not holding out on that possibility though.

Sao Paulo tried to push the issue and teams backed out, so they only had that offer left? Or there may be incentives for titles won and performance.
Both are plausible.

But it's equally plausible the Mirror are just chatting shit.

Let's wait and see.

The muppet within me is on the edge of it's seat. Which number will Lucas wear?

Empty

The article mentioned that Chelsea & Inter backed away from him when they heard the price.

aren't chelsea about to sign oscar for 25 million though.

i'm ignorant about south american football but i was under the impression that moura is one of the highest rated young players there in the group behind neymar and definitely comparable to oscar.

aren't chelsea about to sign oscar for 25 million though.

i'm ignorant about south american football but i was under the impression that moura is one of the highest rated young players there in the group behind neymar and definitely comparable to oscar.
Some people say he's Ronaldo, some people say Walcott.

All I know is, I saw a compilation of his which used Fort Minor's "Remember The Name" as the backing music. Usually this means HE IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom