• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm busy watching Stevie say Liverpool have the best support in the world, 'that's not bias, that's a fact'.

ibsrW4LbsKAh3Q.gif

Meier

Can someone summarise the Spurs friendly for me, missed it?

I watched the last 30-35 minutes which were fairly uneventful but both sides seemed to play well. While I was watching, Assou-Ekkoto (sp) seemed like the best player on Spurs. Both sides were definitely getting after it and wanted the win. I was surprised that Spurs didn't get a penalty with about 15-20 minutes left. Foul was at the edge of the box but it definitely was inside it.. no foul at all was called though.

Know it's just pre-season and these teams are crap but man Kagawa is just as I hoped he'd be. So excited to see him play alongside Rooney, Nani etc. His link up is going to be great.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Seems to be how he's made his enquiries thus far. I was expecting Spurs interest before Spurs were even interested.

Can someone summarise the Spurs friendly for me, missed it?

To be fair we were linked with him while Harry was here.

The friendly yesterday was a mixed bag. We were rusty and while we created some good chances and should have had two penalties, our finishing was poor. We lacked authority in midfield and the back 4 was a mess in the first half. Cudicini was in goal and was total dogshit. Once BAE came on for the second half we settled down back there but we weren't sharp enough to put them to the sword. VDV and Walker went of with minor knocks and will miss a few days.

Finished 1-1, Bale header from a Gylfi cross.

I'm sure he'll try to finish more often than Silva (doesn't mean he's more selfish though), he's also quicker.

/beaten...looked for a video example for too long

Hey Silva scored in the Euro final!

Tongue firmly in cheek. You have to admit though, Kagawa's goal-scoring record is more regular, with significantly less starts. Different players, of course. Kagawa is just the more direct magician, and plays closer to the striker.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jovetic has already agreed personal terms with us, now it's down to the fee.

Same for RVP. (allegedly the back up)

And Pazzini is clearly unsettled and wants a way out.

89cf8bc71014f0ed285d30c2b9e7925b.jpg

*last year*

Aguero has already agreed personal terms with us, now it's down to the fee

Same for Rossi. (allegedly the back up)

And Vucinic is clearly unsettled and wants a way out.

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah, I just saw the Jovetic has said that he would like to play in Turin next year. What kind of money are we talking? At this point in their careers, I would have Jovetic over RVP all day.

Messi

If the United game goes boring you could always watch;

FIFA 13 - Manchester City

They need to do Aguero's tattoo's now they've actually modelled his face properly. Next gen feature I guess.]

edit: I can't see RVP playing for Arsenal in that video.

He wasn't in the arsenal video either.

Balotelli looks ace, Aguero looks a bit dodgy.

I want a Barcelona video.

GorillaJu

Fiddled with my FF team and I think i'm close to set now.

It's not bad at all and very similar to my own. Do you really see Clichy playing reliably though? I don't have a City defender for precisely that reason. I know Kompany will start but he's pricy as all hell.

kharma45

It's not bad at all and very similar to my own. Do you really see Clichy playing reliably though? I don't have a City defender for precisely that reason. I know Kompany will start but he's pricy as all hell.

I think he will, hence why I stuck him in.

Who else do they have for LB now that Kolorov is, or has, left?

It's a little bit risky but I think he will play more often than not. He is better than Kolarov and began to prove that towards the end of last season.

I wanted a City defender and he is the only affordable option really so I've gone with it for now.

operon

Manchester United failed to make the Premier Section semi-finals at the Milk Cup despite a 2-1 victory over Ichifuna on Tuesday night.

Benjamin Pearson and James Wilson netted for the Red Devils in Ballymena.

Newcastle United will meet Bolton Wanderers in the semi-finals while Cherry Orchard play Desportivo Brazil.

Liverpool eased to a 3-0 win over Swindon Town and they face Brentford in the Junior Section semi-finals with Everton taking on Watford.

Matthew Rimmer put the Anfield lads in front from close range at the Ballymoney Showgrounds before Corey Whelan headed in to make it 2-0.

Liverpool captain Jordan Rossiter hit the bottom corner after good work from the impressive Harry Wilson, who was involved in all three first-half goals.

The victory makes it three wins from three games for the Reds, who are still to concede a goal in the tournament.

Everton set up the possibility of a Merseyside derby in the final after edging out Brentford 3-2.

Pearson fired home a first-minute opener for Manchester United at the Ballymena Showgrounds.

Rio Ishikawa levelled for Ichifuna of Japan before Wilson side-footed into the net for the winner.

TUESDAY, 23 JULY

PREMIER SECTION

Co Londonderry 2-1 Co Fermanagh

Co Armagh 1-5 Desportivo Brazil

South Coast Strikers 3-1 Co Tyrone

Co Down 3-1 Revo Express

Cherry Orchard 3-1 Benfica

Pachuca 2-1 Co Antrim

Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Otago

Manchester Utd 2-1 Ichifuna

Newcastle Utd 3-1 CSKA Moscow

Etoile Lusitana 2-2 Bolton Wanderers
BBC News

Don't see any up to day posts about the Northern Ireland Milk Cup, nice to see Liverpools youth team doing so well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom