• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oscar is going to be great for Chelsea. I wish we had got him, now he must face Sandro's wrath.

Copenhagen - West Brom in 15 min. Weird date for a friendly when our league has already started, probably going to start a lot of youngsters and get destroyed.

Sensational summer for Chelsea.

If they manage to sign a top class fullback too then they have really gone to town.

Oscar and Hazard...that's incredible.

PL should have 3 really high quality sides next season, it's going to be exciting.

Oxx

Sensational summer for Chelsea.

If they manage to sign a top class fullback too then they have really gone to town.

Oscar and Hazard...that's incredible.

PL should have 3 really high quality sides next season, it's going to be exciting.

Di Matteo is a lucky guy.

Arnie

Duncan Jenkins says Aquilani will be sold.

Sad really, he looks much happier than he ever has done here, laughing in training, going out for meals with other players, and we've brought in another Italian. Yet still he can't settle, that and we want to trim the wage budget, of which he's a substantial contributor. Would much rather flog Cole though, if wages are the key concern.

Feorax

Duncan Jenkins says Aquilani will be sold.

Sad really, he looks much happier than he ever has done here, laughing in training, going out for meals with other players, and we've brought in another Italian. Yet still he can't settle, that and we want to trim the wage budget, of which he's a substantial contributor. Would much rather flog Cole though, if wages are the key concern.

I would prefer him to stay, but Jonjo could quite easily be the backup to Gerrard if need be. Suso might even get a few games.

Having all 4 of them for 1 attacking position in the midfield is a bit overkill.

Agree on Cole though. Might be harsh to judge him on a pre season friendly, but he looked awful against Toronto.

Looking back, you can see why Chelsea let Cole's contract wind down. All of the managers he's played under have failed to find a position where Cole can be trusted to contribute and start every game. I wouldn't even bother trying if I was Rodgers.

What's Jason Statham doing on the cover of a football magazine?

mdqmh.jpg

It's Kevin Großkreutz lol

Great 11 Freunde cover btw. I buy every issue :) Is the guy on the motorcycle supposed to be Klopp?

Yes, and the other one is Boateng with a whore. Just kidding it's Gina Lisa
who's pretty much one :D

Yen

Club release statement regarding speculation over midfielder Joe Allen

Statement regarding speculation on Swans midfielder Joe Allen

A Swansea City spokesman said: “Swansea City can confirm that Liverpool have expressed an interest in Joe Allen, despite a written agreement with Liverpool not to approach any players within the 12-month period of former manager Brendan Rodgers leaving for Anfield.

“There has also been interest from other clubs regarding his possible availability and the club is due to speak to Joe, as originally planned, about the situation when he returns from GB duty.

“The club is not prepared to release any details on whether any formal bids have been made at this stage or details of Joe’s contract, which are private and confidential. The club is extremely disappointed that speculation regarding certain aspects of his contract have been released to the media by parties outside the club.

“Fortunately the club is in a financial position where it does not need to sell any of its players and will continue to work in the best interests of its supporters, who are our priority, and the club to provide new manager Michael Laudrup with the best opportunity to be successful in the forthcoming Premier League campaign.”

Seems to suggest the £15m clause is there, so we can pretty much ignore any agreement. We'll sign him next week, pity Aquilani is leaving.

kharma45

"...despite a written agreement with Liverpool not to approach any players within the 12-month period of former manager Brendan Rodgers leaving for Anfield."

I thought Rogers would be the sort of person to honour such an agreement.

dc89

Is the MCFC PR office planning to burn down Old Trafford?

:O I wouldn't do that! United can't afford a 19 year old, how would they afford a new ground?!

How has Messi resisted temptation to go post in the 'Which actor has the best GIF's thread'.?

Labadal

While you guys are watching Olympic Football, I'm watching the far superior Champion's League. (I'm lying, watching three games.)

Oh, and Salzburg were knocked out by Dudelange

Oh ffs, then some fucking JT from West Brom injures one of our only players that performs consistently.

Only if Pep has changed his mind by then.

Which West Brom player?

While I'm here,I might as well remind people that there are still places available for people to join the paid fantasy league :)

According to Sportsmediaset, Stevan Jovetic has put in his request to transfer to Fiorentina's director of sport.

It now looks that both the move for RVP and the move for Jovetic have equal chances of happening. The rumours then that we might get post are starting to become more substantive. I still feel they are unlikely, but it's still out there.

Coupled with the newly invigorated rumours of Matri to Milan and Quagliarella to Inter (with Pazzini coming the other way)? Who knows... who knows...

Still hoping we hold on to Matri, though.

Would love to see: Vucinic, Giovinco, RVP, Jovetic, Matri

5 players fighting over 2 spots (3-5-2, or 4-3-3 with a CF and a spot on the left, with Pepe/Isla on the right) playing across 3 competitions.

Not happening, not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom